Carolina Kostner | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner

Meoima

Match Penalty
Fancam of her FS. Her speed looks much better from this angle :agree2: *sigh* Seeing her on the ice is just breathtaking no matter what, can't wait to see her at Euro's (hopefully on the podium again ;))
My most favourite piece from Vivaldi. :drama: I love you Carolina for your great choice of music.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My most favourite piece from Vivaldi. :drama: I love you Carolina for your great choice of music.

Beautiful, unusual music (I don't recall any skater using such) and beautiful skating from Carolina. Finally something from Vivaldi that
is not "Four Seasons". Choreography is unique. I love step sequence, those two little jumps with half-revolution make it even better. Her choices this season prove that she's not there just to compete but also to share her skating & to express her artistic soul. I remember reading somewhere in one interview that for Carolina artistic aspect is essential.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Thanks a lot, CaroLiza_fan. Carolina's score did not seem very high for Nationals, so I thought that there must have been a slight problem with one of her jumps, but turns out it was the spin. Other than that, I like this SP a lot. I can imagine how great it will be at Euros and Worlds if skated clean. Anyway, now I am hoping for a good skate in the FS here, although a good skate at Worlds will certainly be more important.

Last edited:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Carolina won the Italian Nationals Championships :clap: so she is now in the mix for European Champs and Worlds :yahoo:
Her SP:
https://youtu.be/qqdYCv3bFRY
Her FS:
https://youtu.be/URxFIUBrffE
I think she is slowly going better with her skating, there was a little bit more speed than in Zagreb and she completed the jumps in the SP and added the 3 Lz in the FS. I hope that we'll have to see Caro in her best form in 2017 :cheer::cheer:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations Caro! :clap: She has 2 wonderful programs this season. :love:

Caro is in good form right now and will only improve.

daphna

On the Ice
Wow, this comeback looks totally legit! I was afraid she'll only have the triple sal and the triple toe, but the loop and flip already look great and the Lutz is coming along! Love her short program for this season - it's awesome. and the spins are much improved. Carolina will challenge for a medal at Euros, and if she's in great form for worlds, she could challenge there as well. Never count her out!

msadot

On the Ice
Wow, this comeback looks totally legit! I was afraid she'll only have the triple sal and the triple toe, but the loop and flip already look great and the Lutz is coming along! Love her short program for this season - it's awesome. and the spins are much improved. Carolina will challenge for a medal at Euros, and if she's in great form for worlds, she could challenge there as well. Never count her out!

250/260 overall points, planned for Euro n World. :)
If everything goes well... she plans 300 for Corea 2018.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
250/260 overall points, planned for Euro n World. :)
If everything goes well... she plans 300 for Corea 2018.
What you are talking about :reye: :scratch2:? This is a joke, right? The World record in SP for ladies is just slightly over 79 points, and the record in FS is a bit over 150 points (both belong to Medvedeva), and those are extremely high points achieved with a very high level of difficulty performed cleanly. If Medvedeva or someone else would reach those numbers in both programs in one competition, the total sum would be around 229/230 points. There is no way how Carolina can achieve even that with her potentail jump content, her spins, and her tendency to make mistakes. I believe what you said was meant to be a joke, but I think it's a bad joke, as obviously Kostner is not coming back for huge wins and world records, and fans are not seriously expecting that from her either. We just want to see her beautiful skating on the competitive ice, preferably clean even if not with the highest level of difficulty or with the kind of mistakes that don't take away from the impression that her skating creates.

Last edited:

msadot

On the Ice
believe what you said was menat to be a joke, but I think it's a bad joke, as obviously Kostner is not coming back for huge wins and world records, and fans are not seriously expecting that from her either.

Journalists close to her and her staff say so, and I believe it. 260 are completely reachable for Euro n Worlds, and 300 for Corea 2018.

Not back for trophies? Go telling... "Gracie Gold (the 4th girl)".
BUT... yes, there's a point. Caro won it all repeatedly, so she doe not need to prove anything or win any... missing title, so to speak.

jiggs

On the Ice
Journalists close to her and her staff say so, and I believe it. 260 are completely reachable for Euro n Worlds, and 300 for Corea 2018.

LOL, I am sorry, but what are you saying?!? Journalists close to her and her staff? Where do you get this information from? I don't believe at all what you are writing. It's completely disilusional and I am 100% sure Caro and her team have a very realistic approach to her comeback and know exactly where she stands.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

260 is almost virtually impossible, let alone 300. For Carolina reaching above 210 internationally would be incredible, but for that she'd need more than five triples in her FS and clean programs. I think she can do that, for sure. She has to get more of her speed back, and stable jumps. Numbers are just numbers.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

They may be saying something but you have the numbers they are mentioning wrong. Let me put it in perspective - there are only two men in the history of skating who went over 300 for the overall. The ladies have high scores over 200, so maybe you have that in mind. 260 is not "completely reachable", by anyone at the moment, because the current World Record in the overall score is 228.56. Carolina has the current 5th overall result with 216.73.

So. Over 200 for Korea? That might certainly be her plans.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

BUT... yes, there's a point. Caro won it all repeatedly, so she doe not need to prove anything or win any... missing title, so to speak.

:reye: :eeking: I mean...if anyone lady is going to go super saiyan and make history I don't mind it being Carolina :laugh:

Plumededragon

Medalist

I'm pretty sure you are mistaking with another male skater, because no lady skater can reach those scores.
Beside, she has yet to get back in total competition shape. Reaching 200 at Euros will be possible for her if she skated clean and doesn't miss combo.