Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford

Pika

Final Flight
wow!! so before they were actually getting their big elements... (well they had the lutz but that's it)... that will be interesting to hear what you think... so many people complain about setting up yet i have heard that live, the set up for big elements doesn't appear all that slow... it's worse on tv... so I'd be curious to know how you feel is their flow compared to last time you saw them.. .of course, it's a long time ago, so perhaps you cannot compare but still looking forward to hearing your impressions !

Yes it was 2013 because it was the Alice in Wonderland FP. Quite a while ago, I just remember precisely that I became a fan at this moment... But I certainly won't be able to compare their skating :laugh:
Sincerely I have never been bothered by what some call "long telegraphed set up" I mean, this man is going to throw that tiny woman up in the air to do FOUR turns and hope she lands it without crashing into pieces. Blame them for cautiousness.
Oh well, guess I'll be able to tell when I see it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh i agree with you ;) better be safe on these throws!

Yes it was 2013 because it was the Alice in Wonderland FP. Quite a while ago, I just remember precisely that I became a fan at this moment... But I certainly won't be able to compare their skating :laugh:
Sincerely I have never been bothered by what some call "long telegraphed set up" I mean, this man is going to throw that tiny woman up in the air to do FOUR turns and hope she lands it without crashing into pieces. Blame them for cautiousness.
Oh well, guess I'll be able to tell when I see it.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This will be the event where Meagan and Eric land that 3A throw and Patrick lands that 4S! They are ready. :yes:

Pika

Final Flight
Hey Meagan and Eric fans! I'm so late I'm sorry but my week post GPF has been busy, but I promised you some reports, so there it is :)

This was not the competition we expected from Meagan and Eric of course. But after all, they are human. They will come back stronger especially for Worlds, no doubt about that ;)
But I have to say that Marseille confirmed my opinion about them and about everything we read or hear about them :rolleye:, leading to one conclusion: Haters gonna hate.
I found their SP fabulous, despite the mistakes. They have that personality on the ice that they're not afraid to show off, even if it's not the standard that people want to see. And for this I love them even more. They are so different from other couples in all aspects of their skating.
After this GPF, I'm convinced Meagan is an idol. Such power, grit, willness in that tiny woman. She's truly amazing. How she stayed of her feet for that 4 sal...
Talking about big elements... 4everchan it's for you ;) ... I didn't find their set up that slow. It's longer of course, than for other elements, but I didn't find it particularly slow. Just cautious, as we said before. I'm thankful to have seen their 3A and 4S live. They are crazy...
I talked about Meagan but Eric has nothing to be ashamed of. He's an incredible skater and partner, he's so strong and precise. His involvement is superb.
I hope I can see them skate live once more before they stop their carrier.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
awesome report pika!!!

I am so looking forward to seeing them at nationals... they had a rough competition.. but it happens... better at gpf than at worlds!!! i am convinced they will bounce back!!!!

thanks again for describing their skating.. i cannot wait to see them live either!!!

Hey Meagan and Eric fans! I'm so late I'm sorry but my week post GPF has been busy, but I promised you some reports, so there it is :)

This was not the competition we expected from Meagan and Eric of course. But after all, they are human. They will come back stronger especially for Worlds, no doubt about that ;)
But I have to say that Marseille confirmed my opinion about them and about everything we read or here about them :rolleye:, leading to one conclusion: Haters gonna hate.
I found their SP fabulous, despite the mistakes. They have that personality on the ice that they're not afraid to show off, even if it's not the standard that people want to see. And for this I love them even more. They are so different from other couples il all aspect of their skating.
After this GPF, I'm convinced Meagan is an idol. Such power, grit, willness in that tiny woman. She's truly amazing. How she stayed of her feet for that 4 sal...
Talking about big elements... 4everchan it's for you ;) ... I didn't find their set up that slow. It's longer of course, than for other elements, but I didn't find it particularly slow. Just cautious, as we said before. I'm thankful to have seen their 3A and 4S live. They are crazy...
I talked about Meagan but Eric has nothing to be ashamed of. He's an incredible skater and partner, he's so strong and precise. His involvement is superb.
I hope I can see them skate live once more before they stop their carrier.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nice!!! is the imagine new??? it looks like it could become a SP... i like Meagan in pantsuits... looking great. When was that event?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks you two!

interesting that they included the throw 3 flip in imagine... i wonder what her decision is about the 3axel now...
On Dec 16 as plushyfan said. It was the exhibition gala of Italian Championships.
The event has been broadcasted on Italian TV on New Year's Day in prime time.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
So Eric The Piano Man does two piano programs recently. I hope our resident Piano Man 4verchan approves.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
billy joel and eric have more in common musically than I do with either one of them... so i will leave it at that. Would you mind telling me which one is the other piano program? Are thinking about Journey? Cause it's not really a piano piece either... it has strings and what not ;)
So Eric The Piano Man does two piano programs recently. I hope our resident Piano Man 4verchan approves.

Pika

Final Flight
thanks you two!

interesting that they included the throw 3 flip in imagine... i wonder what her decision is about the 3axel now...

When Meagan asked for opinions on her Insta, so much people were in favor of throwing that 3 axel away (no joke intended LOL) and go back to something safer. I guess we'll find out soon enough, by the time of Canadian nats...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For any fans who are going to be in NYC on Friday, Meagan & Eric will be performing in Bryant Park as part of their Winter Carnival lineup.

Winter Carnival
Opening Night Skating Showcase

6:00pm – 6:45pm | Rink
Professional skating performances, for free!
Starring:

Olympian and Winter Village Skating Ambassador Johnny Weir
Reigning World Champion pairs skaters Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford
World-ranked synchronized skating team The Skyliners
Athletes from Special Olympics New York

For the full Winter Carnival schedule, visit http://wintervillage.org/visit/wintercarnival.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I thought it was a good interview. I'm excited to see the changes they've made to their programs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Eric is suffering from a hip injury which makes it difficult to jump... :curse:

I am writing this post to send them positive vibes !!!!! You can do it !!!! GO GO GO

With the adrenaline, may you not feel any pain and land your lutz...

Wishing you lutz of fun and a speedy recovery!!!!!

:console::love: