2013 Japanese Nationals Men | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Japanese Nationals Men

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
To hell with gold medals that has got to be the best Silver Medal winning performance of all time (Paul Wylie being the other). Five hours later and I am still on a high.

:agree: Dai rocked!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
Congradulations on Yuzuru:clap: It is amazing to see him every season fullfilling the hype he had at juniors.:points:
Imagine, when Plush had said 2-3 seasons ago that Hanyu will be the one to beat in Sochi-I had laughed.:) Hanyu 's sp is the one to beat right now, he looks relaxed, has a tone of TES possibility and great choreo. His lp has less effect for me though.

Dai's Lp on the other hand:love: Maybe Morozov was a good choice for his confidence on ice.

Kozuka still has the best sp for me this season.:cry: I dare to think that he might not go to worlds...

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the new Japanese National Champion! Though it was not a surprise at all.

Haven't had chance to watch any LP yet. I've just watched Hanyu, Takahashi, Kozuka, and Oda's SPs.

From the vid I saw, Takahashi's UR in the 4T wasn't plainly obvious but detectable under slow motion replay. So it appears the Tech Panel made the right call here, though from the judges perspective, a UR that can't be detected without replay would be a rather minor consideration. The edge call on the 3Lz was also correct, though in this case, it was more a case of unclear edge as opposed an obvious Flutz. In the past, it would have been noted as a ! instead of e. Otherwise, the 3Lz+3T combo was solid. Again, any edge penalty here would have been minor.

I have watched replay of the slow motion on Takahashi's 4T and 3Lz combo at least four times. I agree with you. The judges's calls were absolutely correct. Though in some competitions, they could have very well ignored them and not to make the calls. It is very clear on who the JSF is pushing.;) Even though I couldn't dispute on Hanyu's TES, his SS was really incredibly high while his skating was still a little sloppy looking. Other than that, Hanyu is truly the one to beat in SP in the whole wide world.

Last edited:

starryxskies

On the Ice
Dai's skate in the fs was spectacular. To be truthful, he has been under-rotating his jumps for a long time (so the point deduction was a long time coming).

Sorry, in what world does UR = a point deduction? The deduction was for his costume falling apart at the very end of his program, just for your COP reference.

Edit:

So I finally got to watching Yuzuru's FS. First of all, can I just admire how long his legs are? They literally go on for days!!! I'm very jealous. I find it also helps him when he saves his jumps. The first 2 jumps - I swear that if it were any other skater, definitely would've ended on the ice. :clap: His spins are still gorgeous. He did look really tired early on in the program and I feel like if I were to run and give him a hug at the end, he would have no energy to keep straight/ I would topple him over =/ I miss his FS from last season. It did pretty well hiding his stamina weakness. I do think his technical score was a little...high when I compare it to Daisuke's.

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
Where did I say that she said it?

Ok, I misunderstood your comment. I thought Yuzuru's mother actually said that somewhere in the skating book or something.
I usually don't buy skating magazines although I bought his book.
Thank you for answering the question!

Daisuke's FS was great and I am looking forward to seeing his skate at Worlds.
I have respected him as a skater, as a person, and as a Japanese representative for a long time.

Now I'll go back to Fan Fest to simply congratulate Yuzuru.

Last edited:

kimganos

On the Ice
Congrats to Hanyu on becoming the Japanese Champion. Well deserved. :cool:

:agree: So proud of him! To skate like he did after Dia's spectacular skate. Nerves of steel, the sign of a true Champion! Good Luck at World's baby Yuzuru!:clap: Bravo!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Please remember to stay on the topic of skating/skaters and not your fellow members. Insulting each other is not tolerated.

Niki2012

Rinkside
Takahashi should have won. Only 5 points difference between Takahashi and Hanyu in FS. It is ********. JSF is stupid and unrespectable scumbag institution. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Takahashi should have won. Only 5 points difference between Takahashi and Hanyu in FS. It is ********. JSF is stupid and unrespectable scumbag institution. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually that's not true.

5 points difference is NOT in FS, but total.

He beat Hanyu in free, but didn't earn enough points to overcome the deficit from the short program, where Hanyu placed 1st.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam so glad i got to see Dai and Yuzuru's short and free program. We're so lucky we get to see so many at Japanese Nationals. Congrats to all the skaters. Dai's Free brings so much emotion. I love each detail he has to the music, and how he always skates with so much passion. Well deserved win for the free. Also loved Yuzuru in both program's though his free had those slight mistakes on the landings. I did find his free didn't have as much freedom and expression as at GPF so that was the only missing part for me. Canot wait to have time to watch a few more skaters from Japanese Nationals. Patrick hopefully gains confidence at Canadian Nationals as Dai and Yuzuru are amazing this year.

russell30

Final Flight
After ladies' free, iirc.

Very hard choice for them, Hanyu and takahashi yes, Hanyu being national champion and takahashi winning the GP. If I was head of federation I would send mura, Oda and kozuka to 4cc, whoever comes on top there should go to worlds with Hanyu and takahashi.

Shame about Machida he was obviously tired after a very good season and the GP and reaching the GPF.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Very hard choice for them, Hanyu and takahashi yes, Hanyu being national champion and takahashi winning the GP. If I was head of federation I would send mura, Oda and kozuka to 4cc, whoever comes on top there should go to worlds with Hanyu and takahashi.

Shame about Machida he was obviously tired after a very good season and the GP and reaching the GPF.

Kozuka's injured, so probably not.

Oda is not the fed's favorite boy right now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nadia01, Thanks for the links to the protocols. I have copied them to the first post so they are easy to find.

let`s talk

Match Penalty

Actually that's not true.

5 points difference is NOT in FS, but total.
Actually, what Niki2012 said is true- the difference in FS is about 5 points, pretty much the same as in the total score: 192.36/187.55 (280.40/285.23). Hanyu didn't even get -GOE for his sloppy landing on 4T, while Dai got rather bordeline UR calls in both progs. Those PCS for Hanyu in FS even higher than his PCS in SP is too stupid to bother to comment. JSF invested too much in Yuzu with all this coach changing, etc., so it's kind of logical that they did whatever they could to justify their choice. Yes, they are a scumbag institution who embarrsed themselves with this lame attemp to coronate a naked king that so fabulously failed. Thanks to people of Sapporo and thank you Dai! !!! :yay:

Amazing performance! Maestro Himself (in HD):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ip2d_h2yLo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=smOYtNjzBtg
Daisuke is heavily leading in all youtube channels. You can't fool the audience, my dear idiots from JSF. :p

I am still sad that Kozuka is out of Teams, but at the same time I am very happy for Mura-kun. He was crying when he finished FS where he singled his second 3A. At that moment he couldn't know how Oda, and Kozuka will skate, he probably thought he missed the podium. But when the result was clear, he was crying again in front of media who surrounded him even before Kozuka's score showed up. I hope he will do super well internationally this season. Go, man!

Last edited:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Actually, what Niki2012 said is true- the difference in FS is about 5 points, pretty much the same as in the total score: 192.36/187.55 (280.40/285.23). Hanyu didn't even get -GOE for his sloppy landing on 4T, while Dai got rather bordeline UR calls in both progs. Those PCS for Hanyu in FS even higher than his PCS in SP is too stupid to bother to comment. JSF invested too much in Yuzu with all this coach changing, etc., so it's kind of logical that they did whatever they could to justify their choice. Yes, they are a scumbag institution who embarrsed themselves with this lame attemp to coronate a naked king that so fabulously failed. Thanks to people of Sapporo and thank you Dai! !!! :yay:

Amazing performance! Maestro Himself (in HD):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=smOYtNjzBtg

I am still sad that Kozuka is out of Teams, but at the same time I am very happy for Mura-kun. He was crying when he finished FS where he singled his second 3A. At that moment he couldn't know how Oda, and Kozuka will skate, he probably thought he missed the podium. But when the result was clear, he was crying again in front of media who surrounded him even before Kozuka's score showed up. I hope he will do super well internationally this season. Go, man!

Ahh... OIC. I just checked the protocol, and you're right. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I'm very happy that Mura did well too. Good for him.