2013 Russian Nationals Ladies | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then why send Gosviani to Poland if it won't make her eligible for Euros? That's even MORE short-sighted!

Last edited:

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
The Senior competition at the Mentor Nestle Cup is Pairs and Dance only. The ladies competition is at the Junior and Novice levels. That doesn't show much confidence in Gosviani's ability to compete at the Senior level. And it won't give her any ISU Ranking points. So if she does get the minimum score (harder at the Junior level with fewer elements in the FS), she will be in the early group to skate at Euros which won't help her SP score.

added : 2012-12-28 at 22:42

http://mnntc.axeltorun.pl/images/files/List of Skaters 28.12.2012.pdf

Junior Ladies
29 RUS Gosviiani Nikol

but ure totally right with make a junior competition in place of senior is not a good thing for her ..........

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kovtun is eligible because he skated at the WTT last April and achieved the minimum scores there.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Just watched the videos. Big congrats to Liza. Happy for Nikol, her jump technique isn't the best but she's very pretty and so is her skating, I'm glad she's getting the chance to go to Euros. My favorites were Radinova and Pogorilaya though, they are both so expressive with the arms. Elena is such a little ham and Anna is very fierce and continues to prove herself, considering how she's skyrocketing this season and how poorly most of the other girls are skating, she might even have an outside shot to make the Sochi team next year. In any event I hope they both go to JW and kick butt.

Country
Russia
If TES scores from junior competitions did not count, sending Nikol Gosviani to that competition would not be shortsighted - it would be utterly pointless. (no pun intended) One would think that the Rus fed would know better than that.
According to ISU Communications 1742 and 1751, for Senior ISU Championships TES scores may be obtained both at Senor and Junior (but not Novice) competitions.
For Junior Worlds - only in Junior competitions.

So I see no problem for Nilol to obtain TES.
Senior B Event would be better only because it also gives rating. But lack of time does not give a choice.