2013 Russian Nationals Ladies | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

Icey

Record Breaker
I wish Adelina would find another version of her music. The vocals assault the ears and distract imo.

MasterB

Final Flight
After watching this competition I am no longer impressed by 3lutz-3toe, far too many of these babies made it look too easy.

Besides the top 3, Serafina stood out to me. She has great body line, good feel for the music and doesn't contort.

Macassar88

Medalist
I wish Adelina would find another version of her music. The vocals assault the ears and distract imo.

I think that Tarasova will give her something more in her comfort zone (powerful classical music) for her free skate next year. This was about trying out something different and I think they both know it isn't that great.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Thanx for the info and welcome to the forum :) So they vote keeping Nicole that her best was abit more than a bad Leonova and skip Menshov in favor of Kovtun? Maybe they want to start investing in new faces. SO Arthur is out of question?

Kovtun was not a student of Morosov?

The Coaching Council of the Russian Figure Skating Federation made a recommendation to send Lisa, Adelina and Nicole to the Euros. Final decision to be made tomorrow. They also recommended to send Plushchenko, Voronov and Kovtun (#5), choosing Kovtun over Menshov, who took the bronze. Notably, Mishin, Kudriavtsev and Nikolai Morozov, all members of the Council, voted against sending Kovtun. Sorry, can't post the external link because of the forum rules.

I am surprised but glad to see that the coaches think Nikol should have a chance over Alena who's been a mess all season.

But I am flabbergasted over why Kovtun would be a better choice than Menshov and Gachinski, both of whom placed above him? He's younger and potentially more promising but he could have landed his stuff and beaten them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tarasova loves Kovtun, he's her new pet. Morozov, Kudriatsev, and Mishin disagreed with the Kovtun recommendation and rightfully so.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The Coaching Council of the Russian Figure Skating Federation made a recommendation to send Lisa, Adelina and Nicole to the Euros. Final decision to be made tomorrow. They also recommended to send Plushchenko, Voronov and Kovtun (#5), choosing Kovtun over Menshov, who took the bronze. Notably, Mishin, Kudriavtsev and Nikolai Morozov, all members of the Council, voted against sending Kovtun. Sorry, can't post the external link because of the forum rules.

I too am against sending Kovtun , Kovtun has little senior experince, his senior experiences have rather been horrible at least atm. WTT anyone ?
Menshov has had a great season and shows more consisteny and experience
Nikol is soo inconsistent I would still send Leonova at least she can rack higher PCS regardless if deserved or not.

Well. the Russian Skating Federation did not ask my opinion. ;) But if they had, I would advised them to adopt a system where the athletes earn a berth on the Worlds team by their performances on the ice. Rather than having that honor bestowed upon them by the politics or whim of a Committee. (JMO.)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Actually for Worlds they usually send the ones who do better at Euros, it is the Euros spots that are not given by Nationals, at least not all of them.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I still think they will send Leonova to Worlds. They are just waiting for Nicole to bomb at Euros so they can justify it more easily.

jamie

On the Ice
Amazing really that with all the depth in Russian Ladies that they don't have a solid number 3 to go to Euro's or Worlds.

Ehm....would you not class the current world silver medalist as a solid number 3?;)

Leonova has repeatedly performed at major championships and repeatedly had mediocre GPs. I like the fact that she peaks for big champs.

She is the first Russian lady to medal at worlds since Slutskaya, earned the 3 spots and deserves a ticket. I would not be surprised to see her place higher than one or both of her compatriots.

Missing Europeans may not be a bad idea though.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't see why they're always passing over Menshov. He's more consistent than Gachinski ever was and has the technical goods, like a 4-3! Honestly, I don't know much about Kovtun though, I think I watched him once and was rather bored..

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I still think they will send Leonova to Worlds. They are just waiting for Nicole to bomb at Euros so they can justify it more easily.

Yep, makes sense. I'm just wondering if the Russian Fed thinks they need Alena to get three spots or if they are comfortable with Liza and Adelina securing those spots and then sending Nikol to prepare her for the future. I actually think how Adelina and Liza do at Euros will have more of an impact on Alena's spot than Nikol's result.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
temp, Welcome to Golden Skate! Thank you for your post!

Kovtun did a great job on the JGP and at the JGPF-this year, but that does not translate to a great job at Senior competitions, always.

I wish they sent Menshov, whom I really liked at Skate America :cry:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
temp, Welcome to Golden Skate! Thank you for your post!

Kovtun did a great job on the JGP and at the JGPF-this year, but that does not translate to a great job at Senior competitions, always.

I wish they sent Menshov, whom I really liked at Skate America :cry:

I'm so upset for Menshov :no: :cry:

ETA: Menshov is officially off the team :cry:

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The decision has been made by RusFed - Kovtun and Gosviani will go to Euros. Gosviani will take part in B-event to get tech minimum, probably in Poland, said Gorshkov. The choice of Kovtun was motivated by the reason that was quite clear from the start- to send him to Worlds to get the second spot for Russia in Sochi. For that he will get a senior start in Euro to present himself to the big world.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/378_ispolkom-ffkkr-unverdil-reshenie-trenerskogo-soveta/

shallow edging

Rinkside
I think it's worth mentioning that Natalia OGORELTSEVA got credit for fully rotating the really difficult 3Lz-3L combination in the short and long and received positive GOE for it in the long. :eek: :clap: :bow: