2013 Russian Nationals Pairs

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Lina and Maxim, JGPF champions

3Twist with a very cool entry, the best so far
3loop good but I've seen them do it better
2A, she takes a hard fall
2Lz-2T combo, he makes a turn between the jumps
3S throw, something strange happened, they didn't went for it at first, both made a turn and tried it again, but 2footed with a step-out
Not their best :(

M/R: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1I-1mEY4vY

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Davankova/Deputat

3T - should have been a combo - she takes a hard fall
3twist ok
3Loop throw good
3F throw, step-out
side by side 2A, another hard fall from her, takes her a bit to regroup
not their day I am afraid:no:

I'll have to go soon, I don't think I'll be able to watch the last teams. Good luck to the skaters who are up to go!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yuko/Sasha

3T-3T sequence, camera didn't show him on the second one but I think it was ok
3twist , their usual
2A ok
3S throw very good
3Loop throw, hand down, but the landing was quite smooth despite this
Lovely lovely lovely

let`s talk

Match Penalty
YukAs: he had a shaky landing on the second jump in seg, the twist was awul, she practically fell on his chest, she touched the ice with hand on the second throw jump, spins and lifts were quite slow. Relatively clean skate for them but meh.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Ksenia/Fedor

3T-2T-2T very good
3twist, flawed but better than in the short
3F throw fall :(
2A good
3S throw really gorgeous.

Both throws and the 2A were in the second half of the program. They look sad. It will be enough for bronze I believe

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Tatiana and Max

huge 3twist
3S good, but she was a bit tight on the landing
3T-2T that was good
3Loop throw huge but slightly 2footed(need to see it again)
3Sal throw that was clearly 2footed. But also huge height

Much better than in Rostelecom or GPF

let`s talk

Match Penalty
VolTRan won (what a surprise)! Still in both throw jumps she touched the ice with the second leg, just slightly on the first and more on the second. I think he throws her too high, scary high, like two-boards high. He should control the height of the throw a little better.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Congrats for Tanya and Max for winning Nationals :clap:
I have to agree, I sometimes feel scared during their throws because Max throws Tatnya too high

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (updated)

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV - 228.92 Long Program, 2nd Copy
2. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV - 207.37 Long Program, 2nd Copy
3. Ksenia STOLBOVA & Fedor KLIMOV - 195.46 Long Program
4. Julia ANTIPOVA & Nodari MAISURADZE - 178.80 Long Program, 2nd Copy
5. Evgenia TARASOVA & Vladimir MOROZOV - 164.29 Long Program, 2nd Copy
6. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV - 161.88 Long Program, 2nd Copy
7. Vasilisa DAVANKOVA & Andrei DEPUTAT - 161.76 Long Program, 2nd Copy
8. Lina FEDOROVA & Maxim MIROSHKIN - 160.03 Long Program, 2nd Copy
9. Maria VYGALOVA & Egor ZAKROEV - 154.38 Long Program
10. Kristina ASTAKHOVA & Maxim KURDYUKOV - 153.78 Long Program
11. Ekaterina PETAIKINA & Konstantin BEZMATERNIKH - 145.42 Long Program
12. Anastasia GUBANOVA & Alexey SINTSOV - 116.79 Long Program

Last edited:

missysays

On the Ice
MARTYUSHEVA/ ROGONOV

side by side 3S, she doubles it
2A-2A seq, she two foots the landing on the first one but squeezes the second one cleanly
3twist ok
3Flip or luz throw, I am not sure, gorgeous
3loop throw, hand down and a turn on the landing
last lift looked iffy to me
gorgeous skating but the elements were not there I am afraid

I am watching here http://tvteka.tv/live/nsportonline but you need to sign in, it gives a 3 day free trial but the confirmation took a day for me

That's too bad! They are so beautiful and have such an intriguing style on the ice but the technical goods just aren't there consistently enough to get them on the Russian world team. After seeing the kiss n cry and the dire expressions on their faces, I have a sinking feeling that this might be the last season that we see them skating together.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Congrats for Tanya and Max for winning Nationals :clap:
I have to agree, I sometimes feel scared during their throws because Max throws Tatnya too high

I never noticed this about their throws, but conversely I find that Fedor Klimov throws Ksenia Stolbova too low.. likely because she's not as petite compared to other pair women.

gold12345

Medalist
I never noticed this about their throws, but conversely I find that Fedor Klimov throws Ksenia Stolbova too low.. likely because she's not as petite compared to other pair women.

They sacrifice height for distance. Of course ideally you want both good height and distance, but that's easier said than done. They may want to adjust their technique.

Last edited:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A very high standard competition. No surprise to see V/T win but they deserved it, the changed layout of the programme works better for them, it was there best performance of the season so far. Really happy with K/S, again I think that was the best they have performed the programme all season. I know international results say different but to me they are ahead of B/L. It will be an interesting European championship to see how the top Russian teams are ranked.

Behind the top 2, there was a lot of depth. S/K put out a good performance, the triple twist is improving. Really impressed with A/M, did not expect that level of performance, really liked the jazzy style of their skate. T/M have a very bright future, they have a real presence, a little bit slow but they can work on that. They must rank as one of the favourites for Junior worlds now.

Was a little dissapointed with D/D after a an impressive short they were a bit off in the free. As always I enjoyed the skating of M/R, sadly the jumps were missing from her but they have a real pleasing quality to them. Can they not send her to a jumps coach? I also enjoyed the perfomance of A/K. There is a lot of depth in Russian pairs.