Teams for ISU championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Teams for ISU championships

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Please read my original post carefully before you speak that way to me.
Why not? You said in Men thread that Yuzu underrotated his 3T in 3A combo. And yet, keeping claiming how strict you are on ur, you went blind eye on Hanyu's ur. While on Dai you invested much of your time in creating so-called "evidence". In fact no one cares about your ignorance or your obsessed hatred towards Dai. Your case with him is too clear to care. What a fs fan should care is that UR calls became a scumbag institution that judges switch on when they need it and switch off when they don't, depends on the skater and the event. It doesn't fit the sportsmanship and spirit of fair play. I am not saying that you should care. :biggrin:
According to ISU rule, skaters don’t need 3.5 rotations in the air. As long as they rotate 3.25 rotations in the air, then their 3A’s are perfectly fine.
Oh! The circus is still in town! So, when 3A lacks 1/4 on landing but not more, it has 3.25 rotation in the air you claim. And yet you expect a reasonable discussion. :laugh:

starryxskies

On the Ice
It's extremely disappointing to see the fed not send Oi/Mizutani and Hirai/De La Asuncion to Four Continents. How are they supposed to develop if they're consistently denied opportunities like this? :(

It's very fair. They could have landed their jumps. :p

If Kozuka and Oda are denied 4CC, I don't see why they should send any other man. Kozuka didn't perform at JN, okay. But that doesn't take away from his GP achievements, which were great. I just think JSF should take into consideration other aspects other than JN results. Oda performed alright in GP but he was very very very close to Mura's JN score and he definitely deserves a 4CC placement in my books.

Leonardo

Final Flight
To me, under-rotation is cheating and does not show real athleticism. I never liked how Sarah Hughes cheated her jumps. It’s like in a 10,000 m running event, your rivals run 25 laps but you only run 24 laps. That’s cheating. If your rivals can rotate their jumps but you cannot, then you should not get same points as your rivals on those jumps. Otherwise it’s not fair.

Plus, I don’t think we need to look at the protocols to tell if the jumps are under-rotated or there was a wrong edge takeoff. Many times I watch the replay and immediately know that it’s a URed jump. I know some people don’t like falls, some don’t like popped jumps, others can’t stand terrible skating skills, etc. I think all these mistakes should be punished, including UR and wrong edge takeoff. JMO.

But seriously, there's a big difference between lacking 10 degrees of rotation and falling and sometimes the skaters lose the same amount of points in both cases(if not more in the first case).

Is there any news on who from Russia is going to 4CC and Worlds?

Check out the Ladies thread in the Russian Nationals folder. :)

To me, under-rotation is cheating and does not show real athleticism. I never liked how Sarah Hughes cheated her jumps. It’s like in a 10,000 m running event, your rivals run 25 laps but you only run 24 laps. That’s cheating. If your rivals can rotate their jumps but you cannot, then you should not get same points as your rivals on those jumps. Otherwise it’s not fair.

Plus, I don’t think we need to look at the protocols to tell if the jumps are under-rotated or there was a wrong edge takeoff. Many times I watch the replay and immediately know that it’s a URed jump. I know some people don’t like falls, some don’t like popped jumps, others can’t stand terrible skating skills, etc. I think all these mistakes should be punished, including UR and wrong edge takeoff. JMO.

Once we accept the premise of the CoP, that a figure skating performance is to be judged by how many hundredths of a point a skater gets for this skill and for that, then there is no escaping the justice of your argument.

My objection is that this way of looking at figure skating has robbed it of its soul, without really making it any more acceptable as a "real sport" to the general public than it was before. (A minority opinion, to be sure. :) )

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Speaking of Osaka, I'm a little surprised to see Oda was not chosen. The gap between 3rd and 4th is small. Many people wouldn't disagree if Oda was the 3rd. It's apparent that the JSF wants to give better supports to Mura as the #2 man after Sochi, or even the 3rd man at Sochi.

why is that ? If Takahashi retires, Japan has many other talented juniors
like Hino, Shoma though Yuzuru of course will be No.1 or is already is

lakeside

On the Ice
That could be a typo. :) Anyway, MK's Winter, Liza, Adelina, and Nikol Gosviani are going to Euros.

Why not? You said in Men thread that Yuzu underrotated his 3T in 3A combo. And yet, keeping claiming how strict you are on ur, you went blind eye on Hanyu's ur…… What a fs fan should care is that UR calls became a scumbag institution that judges switch on when they need it and switch off when they don't, depends on the skater and the event. It doesn't fit the sportsmanship and spirit of fair play.
No, that was not my choice but the tech panel’s choice. The tech panel went blind eye on Takahashi’s 3T< (?) in the 3Lz3T in the SP, which was on the verge of UR, so they had to go blind eye on Yuzru’s 3T< (?) since it was in the same situation as Takahashi’s 3T. Plus, the tech panel also went blind eye on Takahashi’s 3A< in the SP and 3A<2T<2Lo< and 3Lz (e) 3T in the LP.

If they called on Yuzru’s 3T< but didn’t call Takahashi’s 3T<, etc., then it would not fit “the spirit of fair play.” They had to either call on both 3T’s or call on neither. What they should not have done was call on one person’s 3T but not call on the other.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
No, that was not my choice but the tech panel’s choice.
You are arguing with yourself here. You are saying the same things as me but you are in denial that you are not- UR calls became a scumbag institution that they switch when they need it and switch off when they don't. The only difference between us is that I say it's not fair, they should either call all ur jumps or none. While you invested a lot of your time to make your "evidence" to prove how correct they were to apply ur calls selectively against one particular skater. Sad really.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Thank you Mathman and Lakeside! I am excited for 4CC. The depth in the men's field in Japan is insane! I am anxious to see how the ladies field will play out as well. Why does US Nationals feel so far away:(