2013 Europeans Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Entries

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:cry::bang: Now, it will be really an unpredictable event: B/S, C/L, I/K could all win the Gold... :popcorn:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
:cry::bang: Now, it will be really an unpredictable event: B/S, C/L, I/K could all win the Gold... :popcorn:

Ice dance is going to be much more boring now that we now the podium unless huge mistakes happen. We don't know the winner though. I don't think it's gonna be I/K, I think it's going to be a tight battle between C/L and B/S

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ice dance is going to be much more boring now that we now the podium unless huge mistakes happen. We don't know the winner though. I don't think it's gonna be I/K, I think it's going to be a tight battle between C/L and B/S

and R/T could knock out I/K off the podium :yes:

gmyers

Record Breaker
C/l have to be the new frontrunners. The gpf shows c/l are the second euro team to p/b this season as b/s are falling behind and I/k beat them with that ghost dance in the fd.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
C/l have to be the new frontrunners. The gpf shows c/l are the second euro team to p/b this season as b/s are falling behind and I/k beat them with that ghost dance in the fd.

yeah with a fall from soloviev, B/S have higher pcs than C/L and I/K
its just a matter of B/S getting all their high levels

Mirunna

Record Breaker
and R/T could knock out I/K off the podium :yes:

I think R/T are massively over-scored in Russian events. There is no way they are so close to I/K and B/S as national scores showed. I/K an B/S posted scores around 97(FD) this season and around 65(SD). R/T didn't scored over 60 in the SD and didn't even make it to 90 in the FD.(around 86 or 87 I believe). They usually have technical issues and almost never get the levels. All level 4 in RN was suspicious and the GOE was insane. Baring any big mistakes from I/K, R/T will not challenge I/K for the podium IMO. With Victoria and Ruslan on the other hand, considering their rapid improvement, there would be another story but I don't see R/T loosing the third place in the team any time soon. I/K beat B/S on PCS both in GPF and Russian Nationals FD. They can challenge and even beat B/S at worlds. R/T won't beat them internationally unless a meltdown happens.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I think R/T are massively over-scored in Russian events. There is no way they are so close to I/K and B/S as national scores showed. I/K an B/S posted scores around 97(FD) this season and around 65(SD). R/T didn't scored over 60 in the SD and didn't even make it to 90 in the FD.(around 86 or 87 I believe). They usually have technical issues and almost never get the levels. All level 4 in RN was suspicious and the GOE was insane. Baring any big mistakes from I/K, R/T will not challenge I/K for the podium IMO. With Victoria and Ruslan on the other hand, considering their rapid improvement, there would be another story but I don't see R/T loosing the third place in the team any time soon. I/K beat B/S on PCS both in GPF and Russian Nationals FD. They can challenge and even beat B/S at worlds. R/T won't beat them internationally unless a meltdown happens.

though R/T were indeed overscored at nationals especially at the FD
its not like I/K and B/S have consistent levels they are are still a bit inconsistent
still R/T should be safe going to Worlds and should make the Olympics team ,S/Z wont challenge for now, they are a bit going backwards with kustarova
their only competition will be the junior talents S/B who will be seniors next season, if politics play they could send S/B as Rus No.3 , also Bukin being a son of Ice Dance Olympic Champions

FSGMT

Record Breaker
yeah with a fall from soloviev, B/S have higher pcs than C/L and I/K
its just a matter of B/S getting all their high levels
C/L actually received a slightly higher PCS in the FD at the GPF (B/S 49.03, C/L 49.32)...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Igor Shpilband has never been the coach (or co-coach) of a team that has won Europeans, AFAIR. Looking at how C&L have been skating, and with P&B out, I'm thinking, "Go Igor!!"

Keep European Gold in Michigan :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
how long does those boots adjustments last ????
maybe he got Yuri got an ankle injury like Julia from the boots and still not ready

good chance for K/S medaling now

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yuri LARIONOV has injury of hand (and unability for some pair elements) - said Gorshkov.
http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130118/640574249.html (Russian)

Somehow glad it's not something serious(and that it's not about her since I remember she had some health issues later).
This is sad news, I was looking forward to see them go against both S/S and V/T since I feel they closed the gap a bit lately.
But I can't wait to see S/K interesting programs once again, especially that SP, it's one of the best pair SP of the season and it's bad enough we probably won't be seeing them at worlds

Country
Russia
^
It's a problem - if nation has more than three excellent skaners/couples, we can not see them all at ISU Championships.

I believe, it would be good - if sum of three places not higher than 10 (only one nation may have this result), national team has 4 spots.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
^
It's a problem - if nation has more than three excellent skaners/couples, we can not see them all at ISU Championships.

I believe, it would be good - if sum of three places not higher than 10 (only one nation may have this result), national team has 4 spots.

I agree. Heck 4 spots will still be far from enough for the Japanese men for instance. I understand the logic between the 3 spots maximum but there is something wrong when national events are more competitive than international ISU big events( like russian nationals for pairs and Japanese men event)
I'm crossing my fingers for Yuri to get well for worlds