2013 Europeans Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Entries

Country
Russia
If gosviani doesn't have her jumps - in fact if any of the Russians don't have there jumps -there pcs will be worse than either leonOvas or Makarovas!! If tuktamisheva gets 53 than gosviani at best will ge 43
Yes, Gosviani is risky.
She only once landed 7 triples in FS this season (at Nationals), other competitions - 5 triples or less (and other mistakes, like A with no score instead of 2A).

But Leonova looks even more risky with her fall from 3T+3T and 1A (SP), 4 serious mistakes (including 2 falls) at jumping elements (FS) at Nationals.

Makarova's PCS becomes lower now, because of no clean skating for a long time.

Korobeynikova (she is also substitute) newer had good PCS and now her jumps are also unstable.

So Gosviani is risky, but others are even more risky.

jamie

On the Ice
Belgian Lady

There was a really promising Belgian lady a couple of years back. She was injured last year and isn't on the team again this year.

I can't even recall her name, but she had excellent technique landed 7 triples in her FS and was top 10 c. 2010....anyone got a name/news?

Cheers

Country
Russia
But you need good pcs. Liza is not getting anywhere with 53 pcs and the top contenders will all get 65 to 70 making her jumps meaningless. Leonova almost reached 60 in pcs in 2012 worlds. Mao can do two triples in a free skate and win an event! Pcs is the most important thing in ladies skating. Then steps than spins than jumps. Russia is going to send all these people who can jump sometimes and none of them will be top 5- hopefully top 10. Probably top 10 but the pcs is so bad.

Liza had PCS 57.48.
FS Component 17.11.2012 57.48 ISU GP Trophee Bompard 2012 Ladies Singles Seniors

And Russia now has not Senior Ladies, who can earn higher total score than Liza and Adelina.

At Euro the only higher level skater is Kosther (btw, won by Liza at GP Event past season). Korpi is comparable level, others lower level.

At Worlds situation is much more complicated.
But "jumps are at the last place" only for Wagner.
Korpi practices programs with (potentially) 10 triples in SP+FS.
Kostner tries 3Lz.
Yuna Kim performs 3Lz+3T.
Asada at GP Final jumped very much even in Gala, demonstrating that she can jump.

Last edited:

paircheck

Final Flight
german pair skaters maylin hausch/daniel wende withdrew due to daniel s back injury... wish him a good recovery

It's basically the same, but sending Zandron instead of Bacchini is much more ridiculous than sending Kovtun instead of Menshov.

Looks like that decision got reversed now.

I wonder why the 3rd placed lady at Italian Nationals (Giada Russo) isn't even on the substitute list...

Italian federation's decisions are very often :confused:.

Kalina

On the Ice
Looks like that decision got reversed now.

I wonder why the 3rd placed lady at Italian Nationals (Giada Russo) isn't even on the substitute list...

Italian federation's decisions are very often :confused:.

The federation doesn't decide only by looking at the results of Nationals. These are the guidelines that were released at the beginning of December (before the championships were held):
Worlds and European Championships
Ladies
First two spots already assigned to Kostner and Marchei
Third spot: Rio or Rodeghiero
The choice will be made following these guidelines:
- ISU minimum score attained during the current or the previous season (before December 2012 for EC, February 2013 for WC)
- three different triple jumps ratified this season (no < or <<, and GOE not inferior to -2)
- best score in the SP attained in an international event this season and the Italian Championships
If the results are equal, the assignments will be split between the two skaters.

So, Russo wasn't considered from the beginning. She's very young though (15), and Rodeghiero and Rio are both much more experienced, so this choice doesn't surprise me. Being the best junior lady, she'll probably get the Junior Worlds spot.

Country
Russia
(...)
So, Russo wasn't considered from the beginning. She's very young though (15), and Rodeghiero and Rio are both much more experienced, so this choice doesn't surprise me. Being the best junior lady, she'll probably get the Junior Worlds spot.
I believe, age must not be a problem. Many very young girls in past had good results (Asada etc, and yes, Tara Lipinski).

Giada Russo has only two triples - 3T and 3S, and they are not stable enough, as shows her JGP Event.
Two other mentioned Ladies have three triples.

So (for me) it looks not as "she is excluded", rather "she doesn't meet the requrements while two others meet".

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I believe, age must not be a problem. Many very young girls in past had good results (Asada etc, and yes, Tara Lipinski).

Giada Russo has only two triples - 3T and 3S, and they are not stable enough, as shows her JGP Event.
Two other mentioned Ladies have three triples.

So (for me) it looks not as "she is excluded", rather "she doesn't meet the requrements while two others meet".
That's correct :yes: