Highest scores ever recorded - Ladies | Golden Skate

Highest scores ever recorded - Ladies

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Reading about national inflation etc, I wanted to discover what the highest FS scores ever given (including National and Senior B competitions) to the Ladies have been, I've done a bit of research and here's the result:
1) Yu-Na Kim 150.06 Olympics 2010
2) Joannie Rochette 144.08 Canadian Nationals 2010
3) Carolina Kostner 143.56 Italian nationals 2013
4) Mao Asada 140.62 Japan Nationals 2007
5) Miki Ando 137.58 Japan Nationals 2011
6) Miki Ando 135.50 Japan Nationals 2008
6) Mao Asada 135.50 Japan Nationals 2010
8) Miki Ando 134.76 4CC 2011
9) Elena Radionova 134.52 Russian Cup IV 2012
10) Yu-Na Kim 133.95 2009 TEB
See that there are three scores obtained in international events, and four at Japan Nationals!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Reading about national inflation etc, I wanted to discover what the highest FS scores ever given (including National and Senior B competitions) to the Ladies have been, I've done a bit of research and here's the result:
See that there are three scores obtained in international events, and four at Japan Nationals!

Is this a dumb comment? If you have 2 high level skaters, you will have twice the # of high scores.
Btw, Miki scored 134.76 at the 4CC 2011 as well.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
All of the programs except #8 and #10 are higher than I would have scored them. I'd still have #1 ahead of all by a mile though.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Also, the four scores at Japanese Nationals were given to two skaters-- both of whom were World Champions. So their performances (likely with strong technical and artistic contents) put them above and beyond the rest of the competitors at the events. Japan has multiple strong female skaters; the same cannot be said for Canada, Italy, and South Korea.

ETA: Sasha Cohen scored a 134.04 at the 2006 U.S. Nationals.

Last edited:

prettykeys

Medalist
All of the programs except #8 and #10 are higher than I would have scored them. I'd still have #1 ahead of all by a mile though.
Even as a YuNa fan, I don't think I'd put a "mile" of separation between her Olympic FS and Joannie's 2010 Canadian Nats FS. She did 7 triples with very clean technique, including a late 3-3seq. Joannie's score was only slightly inflated, IMO, not overly so.

sather

Rinkside
I'm not sure I understand your point.

Also, the four scores at Japanese Nationals were given to two skaters-- both of whom were World Champions. So their performances (likely with strong technical and artistic contents) put them above and beyond the rest of the competitors at the events. Japan has multiple strong female skaters; the same cannot be said for Canada, Italy, and South Korea.

ETA: Sasha Cohen scored a 134.04 at the 2006 U.S. Nationals.

It's true that they are good skaters (actually exceptional even in the world class) and I believe they are capable of getting those scores in international competitions. However if all of their PB scores are from Nationals, isn't it reasonable to doubt that those scores are inflated? To me, Japan Nationals (well, in fact Nationals in general) seems to be a very generous score giver. It just doesn't make sense that a extremely talented skater has executed the performance of her life only in the Nationals while she has competed in so many international events.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
It's true that they are good skaters (actually exceptional even in the world class) and I believe they are capable of getting those scores in international competitions. However if all of their PB scores are from Nationals, isn't it reasonable to doubt that those scores are inflated? To me, Japan Nationals (well, in fact Nationals in general) seems to be a very generous score giver. It just doesn't make sense that a extremely talented skater has executed the performance of her life only in the Nationals while she has competed in so many international events.

Oh yes, definitely. Nationals has always been inflated point-giving. I would tell you what the point of my post was, but admittedly, I can't because I don't even know what FSGMT's point was in the original post ... :confused:

ETA: Actually, I think my point was that of those four scores given at Nationals, they belonged to only two skaters. And also, Joannie Rochette, Carolina Kostner, Sasha Cohen, Mao Asada, and Miki Ando were probably scored relative to the rest of the field. National Championships are gigantic cheer-fests anyway. People like to see their international athletes doing well at home, I guess.

Can't wait to see what Yuna Kim's scores will be at Korean Nationals this season. ;) Though, I do hope she'll be focusing a little more on the artistic side this time around ...

I think it would also be interesting to compile overall scores that are 195+. :cool:

Last edited:
IMO FSGMT just gathered the information inspired by the discussions going on re Nationals and wants to see where it pushes people's opinion. If OP were to offer the links to those performances and covered other disciplines, I think we could further broaden the discussion about say how they would've scored in legitimate ISU events or some aspects of certain skaters getting more props by their own federations.

skatel80

On the Ice
The thing is alot of the skates, e.g Joannie, yu na at the olympics and most of the skates at japanese nationals and miki at 4ccs are genuinely outstanding skates and in my opinion are not inflated beyond belief like Carolina (whom I love) at italian nationals ( I think I was one of the people who started this in the italian nationals thread) that skate was not exactly mind blowing IMO...and yes I did think that mao and mikis were (but that is just me talking as a massive fan of those two ladies) :)

froh1981

Rinkside

http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/o100lto.htm
I found the highest FS scores ever given to the ladies without National/Senior B competitions. :think:
1. Yuna Kim 150.06 -2010 Olympics
2. Miki Ando 134.76 -2011 4CC
3. Yuna Kim 133.95 -2009 Trophee Eric Bompard
4. Yuna Kim 133.70 -2007 Cup of Russia
5. Mao Asada 133.13 -2007 World
6. Mao Asada 132.89 -2011 4CC
7. Mao Asada 132.55 -2008 GPF
8. Mao Asada 132.31 -2008 4CC
9. Yuna Kim 132.21 -2008 GPF
10. Mao Asada 131.72 -2010 Olympics
11. Yuna Kim 131.59 -2009 World
12. Rochette 131.28 -2010 Olympics
13. Sasha Cohen 130.89 -2003 Skate America
14. Yuna Kim 130.49 -2010 World
15. Slutskaya 130.48 -2005 Cup of Russia
16. Miki Ando 130.21 -2011 world
17. Slutskaya 130.10 -2005 World
18. Mao Asada 130.02 -2006 NHK

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think you misunderstood what I wrote: it was just a statement of fact, without any meaning about Japan Nationals specifically, I didn't want to say that scores at Japan Nationals have a higher inflation than other national competitions! :slink: And, if anything, I agree that in Japan there are so many talented skaters so such high scores are "normal": if you watch Miki's 2008 or 2011 Nationals performances (for example), you can really understand that they have been wonderful programs and that they deserved high scores!
Let me say that the sheer purpose of this thread is this: I sometimes do this kind of research (like the one about the 3Lz), and I like to share with you the result and hear what you think about this topic, nothing else! :biggrin:
Another interesting thing to say is this: there is no Russian lady in this top 10 except for Radionova, and that's interesting, considering the level of Russian girls, I expected a lot more scores 130+... The closest to these is actually Sotnikova's 133 at Russian Nationals 2011.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote: it was just a statement of fact, without any meaning about Japan Nationals specifically, I didn't want to say that scores at Japan Nationals have a higher inflation than other national competitions! :slink: And, if anything, I agree that in Japan there are so many talented skaters so such high scores are "normal": if you watch Miki's 2008 or 2011 Nationals performances (for example), you can really understand that they have been wonderful programs and that they deserved high scores!
Let me say that the sheer purpose of this thread is this: I sometimes do this kind of research (like the one about the 3Lz), and I like to share with you the result and hear what you think about this topic, nothing else! :biggrin:
Another interesting thing to say is this: there is no Russian lady in this top 10 except for Radionova, and that's interesting, considering the level of Russian girls, I expected a lot more scores 130+... The closest to these is actually Sotnikova's 133 at Russian Nationals 2011.

It is interesting to put statistics together like that. Sometimes they lead you to a pattern. Yeah, it's intriguing that only one Russian is on there, even when you factor in the national competitions.

I'm happy to see Cohen and Slutskaya on the list that doesn't include national and Senior B tournaments. I guess those ladies were indeed the significant talents we thought they were back in the day.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It is interesting to put statistics together like that. Sometimes they lead you to a pattern. Yeah, it's intriguing that only one Russian is on there, even when you factor in the national competitions.

I'm happy to see Cohen and Slutskaya on the list that doesn't include national and Senior B tournaments. I guess those ladies were indeed the significant talents we thought they were back in the day.
Slkutskaya? There is Sasha Cohen in 10th place with her 2006 Nationals score, Slutskaya's best ever (130.58) is not in my list, maybe you were watching the international records list that froh1981 posted... :biggrin:

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Slkutskaya? There is Sasha Cohen in 10th place with her 2006 Nationals score, Slutskaya's best ever (130.58) is not in my list, maybe you were watching the international records list that froh1981 posted... :biggrin:

;)

skatel80

On the Ice
Let me say that the sheer purpose of this thread is this: I sometimes do this kind of research (like the one about the 3Lz), and I like to share with you the result and hear what you think about this topic, nothing else! :biggrin:Another interesting thing to say is this: there is no Russian lady in this top 10 except for Radionova, and that's interesting, considering the level of Russian girls, I expected a lot more scores 130+... The closest to these is actually Sotnikova's 133 at Russian Nationals 2011.
Thank you for compiling this information, it is really interesting to see these things laid out like this, I found it very interesting :)

Yes, that's the list I was referring to. Sorry I was unclear. It's nice to see both Slutskaya and Cohen in with the greats of today, isn't it?

Nadia01

Final Flight
I actually think that the ISU list is easier to discuss because I find that nats tend to be slightly inflated and/or result depend on who the federation likes that season and other non-on-the-ice stuff. (Not that other comps don't have it too, but it's more pronounced at nats)

It's too bad that Michelle didn't really do COP b/c I would've liked to see her on the list. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I actually think that the ISU list is easier to discuss because I find that nats tend to be slightly inflated and/or result depend on who the federation likes that season and other non-on-the-ice stuff. (Not that other comps don't have it too, but it's more pronounced at nats)

It's too bad that Michelle didn't really do COP b/c I would've liked to see her on the list. :)
I don't think she would have been on the list: she was the best 6.0 lady skater ever, she was just perfect for the 6.0, but her spins would have always been level 1 or 2 (she actually didn't have great spins considering even the 6.0 standard!): the "difficult variations" she could perform were not a lot, and she had done the same spins for ages, changing your elements completely at 25 would have been too much even for the Kween, I think; then, her jumps would have seldom received +2 or +3, only her loop or salchow maybe, because her lutz and flip didn't have take off edges as clean as the CoP requires; then, her TR and CH marks would have been probably not so high, watching her Tosca/Bolero: they are beautiful programs (especially the first one!), but they didn't have a lot of transitions, and the choreographies were not CoP friendly, I'm afraid to say...

Nadia01

Final Flight
I don't think she would have been on the list: she was the best 6.0 lady skater ever, she was just perfect for the 6.0, but her spins would have always been level 1 or 2 (she actually didn't have great spins considering even the 6.0 standard!): the "difficult variations" she could perform were not a lot, and she had done the same spins for ages, changing your elements completely at 25 would have been too much even for the Kween, I think; then, her jumps would have seldom received +2 or +3, only her loop or salchow maybe, because her lutz and flip didn't have take off edges as clean as the CoP requires; then, her TR and CH marks would have been probably not so high, watching her Tosca/Bolero: they are beautiful programs (especially the first one!), but they didn't have a lot of transitions, and the choreographies were not CoP friendly, I'm afraid to say...

But that's what I mean by Michelle didn't really do COP. She trained for the 6.0 system all her life, so of course, with her work & talent, she was the best 6.0 lady.

But if she'd trained for COP all her life, she would've been a great COP lady. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my comment.