Wheel of Fortune THIS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Wheel of Fortune THIS

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My first name is Antonia it's pronounced either as "Anne-Tone-EEE-ah" or "Anne-tone-yah" or "Antonio" (as in San Antonio)

Anne-Tone-EEE-ah is the way we were told to pronounce it for the name of the heroine of Willa Cather's My Antonia, which we read in sophomore year in high school. Generally, the Antonias I know pronounce it your second way, though. It's a great name; it seems to have a stateliness about it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I go by either way... I HATE the Antonio, though... my dad's best friend calls me San Antonio because when I was little it would send me through the roof lol

People can be so annoying about finding your weak point and then teasing you. And some of these teasers think they're being amusing. As you get older, you become more able to handle it or shrug it off, but it's no fun being, say, eight and being teased by a grown man (it's usually guys for some reason) who doesn't pay attention to the effect it has on you.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I actually love it now lol when I visited them in Texas a couple years ago we went to San Antonio JUST so I could get a pic under the sign ;) gave it to him as a gift lol he loved it.

Yes, it's not everyone who has a city with her name!

By the way, now that we've drifted onto city names--don't you love this topic? Start with Vanna White and end up with Toni having "her own" city--did you know that cities named Salem are named in honor of Jerusalem? That, at least, is what I heard, though someone from Massachusetts or Oregon might have more precise information.