Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Yu Na Kim Will Compete at Korean Nationals

Moment

Final Flight
Hi, :)

Yu-Na's Les Misérables must be the most challenging program from any lady of the season. I didn't know she could deliver it so well because I wasn't really sold on its music cuts, and it is such a demanding program in terms of both technical and interpretive aspects. Although I'm still not sure about the music (I don't really like the musical anyway), this performance was nothing short of stunning. She made it work for me. My favorite part of the program is the step sequence, I haven't seen anything that comes close to this in a while in ladies' skating, as she did it with so much speed, balance, effortlessness and musicality.

She said she made a small mistake on a final combination spin, and it was the only noticeable "flaw" in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see her at Worlds! She sounded so confident in her interviews, and I know she'll be perfectly ready.

Krislite

Medalist
Hi, :)

Yu-Na's Les Misérables must be the most challenging program from any lady of the season. I didn't know she could deliver it so well because I wasn't really sold on its music cuts, and it is such a demanding program in terms of both technical and interpretive aspects. Although I'm still not sure about the music (I don't really like the musical anyway), this performance was nothing short of stunning. She made it work for me. My favorite part of the program is the step sequence, I haven't seen anything that comes close to this in a while in ladies' skating, as she did it with so much speed, balance, effortlessness and musicality.

She said she made a small mistake on a final combination spin, and it was the only noticeable "flaw" in my humble opinion. Can't wait to see her at Worlds! She sounded so confident in her interviews, and I know she'll be perfectly ready.

The final combination spin was well executed and a perfectly valid element (the tech panel called it a CCoSp4 and the judges gave it a +1.08 GOE). So it wasn't really a "flaw" or "mistake." It's just that the first sit position was unplanned.

Moment

Final Flight
The final combination spin was well executed and a perfectly valid element (the tech panel called it a CCoSp4 and the judges gave it a +1.08 GOE). So it wasn't really a "flaw" or "mistake." It's just that the first sit position was unplanned.

I'm not saying it looked bad. She mistakenly repeated the same difficult variation (SF, catch-foot shoot the duck position) which was already used in FCCoSp. I think the tech panel made a dubious mistake and a lot of my fellow Korean fans criticized the tech panel for it.

Krislite

Medalist
I'm not saying it looked bad. She mistakenly repeated the same difficult variation (SF, catch-foot shoot the duck position) which was already used in FCCoSp. I think the tech panel made a dubious mistake and a lot of my fellow Korean fans criticized the tech panel for it.

Oh, that's right! But it was the last element of the last program of a long Nationals competition and Yuna had just gone clean on all previous elements so they were probably caught up with the crowd (not excusing them). :)