Akiko Suzuki | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I just watched Akiko's SP and LP at Nats again. So confident and beautiful. After that I watched her beautiful ex here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SBeM_g1wXo Check that out if you haven't yet. I pray to the skating god that when Akiko is on at Sochi that she will get these marks from the judges and won't be held back because it is not home ice or the favourites are yet to skate. It would be so wonderful to see her medal. She is delivering the most beautiful programs of all the ladies for years. I get goosebumps watching her.

Kelly

On the Ice
What a great LP from Akiko at Japanese Nationals! Though there is no 3-3, it is a 7-triple program, and with the soul and joy the performance caresses my heart.

Ven

Match Penalty
Hoping Akiko will have the best two skates of her life this week and make it onto the Olympic podium. Her story is such an inspiration and a testament to perseverance, hard work and determination.

If she skates like Nationals she will make it!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Hoping Akiko will have the best two skates of her life this week and make it onto the Olympic podium. Her story is such an inspiration and a testament to perseverance, hard work and determination.

If she skates like Nationals she will make it!

YES YES YES! Fingers crossed for Akiko! :) Goooo Akiko!!! :yay:

Zarya

Rinkside
Her expressions are always so captivating. I want her to have that perfect last skate. I hope she can do it at worlds! I am happy for her no matter what, that she will retire a Japanese national champion. I will miss her musicality and beautiful facial expression after this season.

ETA: I missed that a question I had was already answered by previous posters. Sorry :cool:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank you Akiko for your wonderful performance that was FULL of your HEART on the night of Ladies Free skate at Sochi, despite such unfortunate foot-injuries (severe pains/inflammation on the fifth toe of both feet)...You never gave up performing until the very last note of the POTO music. You were a true fighter and the winner in this regard in your fans' hearts.

Four sisters ;), who are most beloved figure skaters in our country : https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/status/436637571633152000/photo/1
Their competitive careers have been filled with many ups and downs, however, their skating always reminds many skating fans in the world that there is something more than just winning medals in figure skating. :)

To Akko, Dai-chan, Mao and Kanako: Minna, otsukare-sama & subarashii engi, arigato!! ^^)/ We are very very proud of you all. :yes:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thank you Akiko for your wonderful performance that was FULL of your HEART on the night of Ladies Free skate at Sochi, despite such unfortunate foot-injuries (severe pains/inflammation on the fifth toe of both feet)...You never gave up performing until the very last note of the POTO music. You were a true fighter and the winner in this regard in your fans' hearts.

Four sisters ;), who are most beloved figure skaters in our country : https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/status/436637571633152000/photo/1
Their competitive careers have been filled with many ups and downs, however, their skating always reminds many skating fans in the world that there is something more than just winning medals in figure skating. :)

To Akko, Dai-chan, Mao and Kanako: Minna, otsukare-sama & subarashii engi, arigato!! ^^)/ We are very very proud of you all. :yes:

Sound proud of this crew. :) Thanks deedee1 for your usually classy words! :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I've read from several users that Akiko isn't going to Worlds and has retired. Can someone post a link to the retirement message from a trustful source?

luckykid

On the Ice
Really? She's not going? In an interview published on 23 Feb said she'll be going, depending on how her foot is. She said she wish to perform her best performance at worlds to express her gratitude to all her fans.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I don't believe it either, so I wanted a source, but got no answer so far from the users who posted this.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thanks Mrs. P! Not so sure about the truthfulness, it might be that Akiko announced this before the Olympics, but wasn't sure yet about Worlds. The interview mentioned by luckykid is from 23rd and the article from the 22nd. I think she will announce an official statement if she really retires NOW in the course of this week maybe. She attended the Closing Ceremony with Team Japan so I guess they all came back to Japan just today. Let's see what the next days bring. I really want to see her one last time.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I hope Akiko's injury is healed and she is able to go to Worlds, she is such a beautiful skater.

I will have to have my tissues ready for Worlds so many retirements after
this competition not only Akiko but Dai, Kanako, Mao, Caro, Aliona and Robin,
and Jeremy. :cry:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks Mrs. P! Not so sure about the truthfulness, it might be that Akiko announced this before the Olympics, but wasn't sure yet about Worlds. The interview mentioned by luckykid is from 23rd and the article from the 22nd. I think she will announce an official statement if she really retires NOW in the course of this week maybe. She attended the Closing Ceremony with Team Japan so I guess they all came back to Japan just today. Let's see what the next days bring. I really want to see her one last time.

Oh I'd love to see her one last time too. :)