Akiko Suzuki | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki

Spiral

Final Flight
Akiko is getting married! "Winning the gold medal of her life"
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20160614/fgr16061405040001-n1.html

She's getting married to a former elementary school colleague with whom she has reunited last fall. They have been in a relationship since and she received an engagement ring after her 31st birthday. According to the source, it was love at first sight. Congratulations Akiko! :cheer:

Congratulations! :clap:

But what do you mean by "a former elementary school colleague." Did Akiko work at an elementary school at some point?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations, Akiko!

Doesn't the new deserve its own thread in the Edge?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oh, so they've known each other since childhood? Wow!

Yes, isn't that how it's usually done?

Yes, we've seen Charlie White and Tanith Belbin's wedding news there. Anyway, I'm glad to see she is happy with a new life. :luv17:

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
Congrats, Akiko!! Nobu also marries his classmate. Does Mura also marries his classmate? Team Japan tends to fall in love with classmates~~ :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congrats, Akiko!! Nobu also marries his classmate. Does Mura also marries his classmate? Team Japan tends to fall in love with classmates~~ :laugh:

classmates knew them before they got famous...so it must be comforting. Congrats Akiko! Good luck on this new adventure.

ioanna

Record Breaker
From what I understand they didn't really keep in touch since they finished school and they just happened to reunite last fall. I don't know if this needs a thread in The Edge because she's marrying a non-celebrity. Relationship or marriage news in The Edge are usually about a couple of skaters. Thinking about it, nobody in Team Japan is marrying or having a relationship with a team mate, or so it seems. So far Miki Ando is the only Japanese skater in a relationship with another skater.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Excellent news! So happy for Akiko :luv17: She deserve all the happiness in the world! :hap10:

Spiral

Final Flight
I knew that Oda is married and has two kids now, and about Kozuka's marriage, but I didn't know about Mura. Is he also getting married soon, or has gotten married already?

From what I understand they didn't really keep in touch since they finished school and they just happened to reunite last fall.
Thanks for the info!

I don't know if this needs a thread in The Edge because she's marrying a non-celebrity. Relationship or marriage news in The Edge are usually about a couple of skaters. Thinking about it, nobody in Team Japan is marrying or having a relationship with a team mate, or so it seems. So far Miki Ando is the only Japanese skater in a relationship with another skater.
I think the announcement of Sasha Cohen's engagement was also in the Edge, although her fiance isn't a skater or a celebrity. It seems to me that the fact that a famous skater is getting married is news enough for our forum, regardless if their choice of a life partner is a fellow skater or not.

mikaboo

Medalist