Akiko Suzuki | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was schocked to learn she has already married! Zero news, ugh. Congrats, Akiko! I wanted to see what beautiful dress she had....

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No, she hasn't married yet. She is still just engaged. ;)

Oh, thanks! It confused me since they congratulated her on marriage and not engagement (and breaking engagement is not so rare), is it some Japanese tradition?

mikeko666

Final Flight
Oh, thanks! It confused me since they congratulated her on marriage and not engagement (and breaking engagement is not so rare), is it some Japanese tradition?

No, they just accidentally picked a wrong word. They should have said "go-konyaku (engagement)" instead of "go-kekkon (marriage)" ("go" is a prefix for saying polite). ;)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No, they just accidentally picked a wrong word. They should have said "go-konyaku (engagement)" instead of "go-kekkon (marriage)" ("go" is a prefix for saying polite). ;)

Thanks! No wonder I was confused :laugh:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Thanks! No wonder I was confused :laugh:

Haha, I was confused by this too! I was wondering how she'd managed to get married considering her recent busy schedule. I hope we get to hear about it when it happens. Can't wait to see her wedding-dress. She has such great fashion sense, I'm sure she's going to look amazing!