20 minute clip on Nagasu's training | Page 2 | Golden Skate

20 minute clip on Nagasu's training

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I was at a party tonight and asked a computer Prof. from Eastern WA U. about Geoblocking. He said that there are geeks that can re-route the IP addresses involved to work around it but it isnt easy.

kalle

On the Ice
It does not work for me here (I am in France) :eek:hwell:
Would anybody be able to download the video on youtube?

"If figure skating were easy it would be called hockey." (Mirai didn't say this, a skate-maker did. :) )

"If you could imagine the world frozen over, that would be awesome. You could get around so much faster because you could just skate!" -- Mirai. :love:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have a geeky friend who MAY be able to somehow download this vid and we shall find a way to get it to fans if we can.....
(That computer prof said something really interesting to me....we were talking about piracy, youtube vids getting taken down, etc, and he said there was an "old" saying....
there is no such thing as piracy....just bad marketing....and he does have a sort of point.....many entites guard their content to the death, but refuse to market it to people willing to pay for it.)
(I'm gonna tell Todd Eldridge at Omaha that if figure skating were easy, they would call it golf....I bet he winces :laugh:)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I have a geeky friend who MAY be able to somehow download this vid and we shall find a way to get it to fans if we can.....
That would be wonderful, thank you! I'm a Mirai fan and I would really like to watch it...

R.D.

Record Breaker
As far as downloading this video goes, probably easier said than done I'm afraid.

I've confirmed that this is the encrypted type of stream that many content providers (such as TV shows, etc.) use...and it will likely take some serious computer expertise to attempt to rip this video (apart from screencapturing, which may or may not work here...you lose serious quality with that method though).

I tried it myself, unsuccessfully- it would take too much of my time to try to get it right and I'm not even well-versed in this area. But I rip videos from YouTube and other flash sites all the time without much if any difficulty.

Props to whomever can pull this off...and p.s. I want a copy as well ;)

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
As far as downloading this video goes, probably easier said than done I'm afraid.

I've confirmed that this is the encrypted type of stream that many content providers (such as TV shows, etc.) use...and it will likely take some serious computer expertise to attempt to rip this video (apart from screencapturing, which may or may not work here...you lose serious quality with that method though).

I tried it myself, unsuccessfully- it would take too much of my time to try to get it right and I'm not even well-versed in this area. But I rip videos from YouTube and other flash sites all the time without much if any difficulty.

Props to whomever can pull this off...and p.s. I want a copy as well ;)

There are screen recording softwares that can record any windows you play on screen. Hope some can figure it out, it would be gratefully received :p

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ I know - that's what I was referring to when I said "screencapturing".

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I had no problem for once. She loks fabulous and could be our number 2 girl at Nationals. So exciting to hope we see stellar performances from Ash, Grace, Gao, Mirai, Agnes and a comeback from AC plus maybe a standout perf. from a junior like Wang or Miller. There is usually a junior surprise. Just want two solid girls to get our 3rd spot back at worlds. Which gal will be second to Ash? Hope she's 100%. No upset this year, please skate gods.

Layfan

Record Breaker
She did look fabulous but it was before the GP series. She did pretty well at the GP series but certainly needs to step it up to make the Sochi team. I'm still so hoping for her. Go Mirai!!!!!