Davis & White & Wagner Make 12 Top Winter Sports Moments of 2012 | Golden Skate

Davis & White & Wagner Make 12 Top Winter Sports Moments of 2012

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Davis & White & Wagner Make 12 Top Winter Sports Moments of 2012

http://www.teamusa.org/News/2012/December/26/Twelve-Top-Winter-Sports-Moments-Of-2012.aspx

The list was compiled as part of the TEAMUSA Olympic coverage.

Meryl & Charlie's record breaking fourth GPF win came in at third, and Ashley's Four Continents win at fourth.

The skaters' other placings for the year were listed in their entries.

It's nice to see skating still making these sorts of lists in the US!

Icey

Record Breaker
I misunderstood the title and thought it was going to be the really bad fall she had at the GPF.

Oh, love this! D/W and Ashley are perfect ambassadors for US figure skating. I hear sponsors pouring in for them and I see a really good future of figure skating in US.

hear sponsors pouring in for them and I see a really good future of figure skating in US.

This! I son't see why Davis and White are not in demand for commercials for various romantic stuff like perfume and flowers.

I agree. The camera clearly loves them. We had a thread about this awhile ago, and we came up with all sorts of products they'd be natural at advertising starting, as you say, with perfume.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Any hair product whatever, either for men or women. Meryl's hair is amazingly thick & Charlie's is just cool.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Skin products! At least Meryl. They should get a contract with Neutrogena. They could do hair and skin. Plus Neutrogena has a lot of men's products. They could do one where Meryl uses the ladies skin cream and Charlie the men's.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Keep dreaming, you guys. :p

I am not too sure how they come off as romantic couple or Charlie as a macho dude. Hair products would be a natural but I am not sure how marketable they are for facial and name recognition.

^ Ice dancing is just romantic all by itself. Think about it. You are skating...yet you are dancing! :love:

Now suppose you are ice dancing with beautiful skin and cool hair and advertising grooming products... :yes:

Layfan

Record Breaker
It'd be such a fun commercial. Even if the general public doesn't know who they are, who cares? Anyone would have fun watching a couple of seconds of cool twizzles and lifts, and nobody knew who the noxema girl was either in 90s.

although yeah, hm, maybe a lot of men would be embarrassed to buy the product that the "ice dancer" advertises. Oh well.