Sasha didn't wear boot covers in the LP! | Golden Skate

Sasha didn't wear boot covers in the LP!

Lucy25

Final Flight
You notice? I like this look SOOO much better, especially on her. She has a gorgeous line anyway, so why the boot covers (which I have told are used to extend the skaters line)? She doesn't wear them for exhibitions, and I hope she continues to not wear them!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I noticed that too. She has lovely legs and I thought the boot covers made her feet look large......42

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
boot covers

i agree with you two. boot covers are ugly. they make the feet look horribly large. if she wanted to, she can skate in tan coloured boots (like FusarPoli, Slutskaya, Baiul, and most of the pros use), but those are ugly to me, for some reason...

Judy Blumberg made a comment about that at one Jr Worlds that she was commentating in...she said that all girls should use white boots, that tan boots/tan covers made the feet look horrible; like they had cankles or something.

Interesting because Sarah ALWAYS wore her tights over her boots. I wonder why the change?
I know many coaches feel tights over the boots is dangerous.
Rgirl

Antilles

Medalist
I noticed too, but I actually like the boot cover look. I find the uncovered look a little distracting myself. I'm sure it has a lot to do with personal comfort too, not just the look.

euterpe

Medalist
If a skater has big feet, the boots are white but not little. Boot covers might then be an improvement.

blurrysarah

On the Ice
Over the boot tights seem to work on the more, let's say- chunky builds with short legs and small feet (ahem, me), it extends the leg a lot (hence I loved wearing them). However, tall, or thin skaters wearing OTB tights tend to get this clunky look about their feet. I've always wondered why the latter body types even bother, they don't need leg lengthening.