Plushenko a dark horse for 2014 Olympics | Golden Skate

Plushenko a dark horse for 2014 Olympics

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia's Evgeni Plushenko is arguably the most recognizable figure skater in the world. Yet, one year before the Olympic Games in Sochi, the 2006 Olympic Champion and two-time Olympic silver medalist remains the dark horse in the race for the 2014 Olympic title.

More

My wife told me, ‘Zhenya, I beg you, do not go for quads’, and my mother said ‘it was out of question.’”

“Mine was the last word, though.”

MY HERO! Anyone who can stand up to his wife AND his mother both at the same time is OK by me! :yes:

gmyers

Record Breaker
So the third guys name in the kiss and cry must be vitaly Balykin! Nice article! Filled with some good observations about today's skating by plushenko.

Icey

Record Breaker
He is going to ignore his doctor's instructions one time too many I fear.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Plushenko is amazing, one of a kind. He is possibly the greatest competitor I've ever seen, in any sport. I worry about his health, though. He should listen to his doctor's instructions. But, as the article makes clear, he'll do what he wants, regardless of what anyone says. I guess that's what makes him Plushenko. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
It is scary he doesnt listen to doctors, as much as I love him competing, I wish he did.
Thank you for the interview, it must be one of the best I ve read of him.

And this is my first 2013 post, Happy New Year!:)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hate reading anything about ignoring doctor's order as it relates to spine injuries. He has accomplished so much in his career already and for something to happen that would leave him unable to enjoy his life after skating would be terrible.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Plushenko is also "over the hill" in the skating world...it will remain to be seen if he can pull this off. Many skaters have tried the come back trail after injury, few make it. He is not invincible...

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Plushenko is also "over the hill" in the skating world...it will remain to be seen if he can pull this off. Many skaters have tried the come back trail after injury, few make it. He is not invincible...

of course he isnt. He skated cleanly and lost to Lysacek in 2010, and there are atleast 6 skaters today who can skate at a way higher level than Lysacek did in 2010.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Of course he isnt but the first time he returned from serious surgery was in 2005- 2006, I mean he has returned too many times from injuries.