Adam Rippon
Philip Warren
Johnny Weir (withdrawn,)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't know...USFS has always had people they thought of as headliners (usually past champions) whom they use to promote events, and very, very often, those skaters cancel out at the last minute. I'm thinking Michelle & Sasha for example, at various Skate Americas... I'm sure NBC knows about this habit of theirs.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
If he does wait till last minute I have a feeling NBC will not be kind to the guy lol they get more and more frustrated with his no shows.

NBC has no reason to be frustrated if Lysacek WD from nationals. He WD from SA this year due to an injury that later required surgery on 11/20. Per the press release after surgery, Lysacek was to be off ice for six weeks. Thus, if the rehab goes as scheduled, Lysacek will only have three weeks on ice to prepare for nationals. The NBC ads that I have seen promoting nationals do not feature Lysacek, which is an indication that they know it is a longshot for him to recover in time to compete.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
NBC has no reason to be frustrated if Lysacek WD from nationals. He WD from SA this year due to an injury that later required surgery on 11/20. Per the press release after surgery, Lysacek was to be off ice for six weeks. Thus, if the rehab goes as scheduled, Lysacek will only have three weeks on ice to prepare for nationals. The NBC ads that I have seen promoting nationals do not feature Lysacek, which is an indication that they know it is a longshot for him to recover in time to compete.

they still took time out to be frustrated with his WD both last year and this year. I could see where they'd still be frustrated.

SkateFan66

On the Ice
they still took time out to be frustrated with his WD both last year and this year. I could see where they'd still be frustrated.

The USFSA may be frustrated that Lysacek is injured. However, I am sure that they are more frustrated in the lack of international results from the senior men the last few years. No USA skater had topped Lysacek's personal best from the 2010 Olympics.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Men (listed alphabetically)
Johnny Weir (withdrawn,)

Has Johnny withdrawn from the US Nats???
I saw Johnny being interviewed by Fuji TV for about half an hour yesterday. I was SOOO surprised to see him on TV, because it was LIVE! What the hell is he doing here in Japan? :unsure: at this time of the year?? US Nats is only 2 weeks away!, I wondered...

Seem no chance for Johnny to go to London Worlds now. :cry: I am worrying him: can he make a successful comeback just in the Olympic season? Must be very hard for him, or for any skaters, to get back his/their old-self under this ever-changing CoP ruels, I would imagine, unless of course the skater(s) is/are not named an Evgeni Plushenko...

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Yes, Johnny has officially withdrawn. Sometime before Christmas he announced he would not compete.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot of the information, A.H.Black.
Hope Johnny does not give up his competitive skating just yet. If not for Mens discipline, there still is the team event at Sochi where he has a decent chance to be selected by USFSA, I think.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
I like Johnny, but I don't really think he has a chance at a comeback anymore. I was optomistic at the beginning of the season, and I thought he might actually do it, but then he withdrew after skating one poor short program and then withdrew from the rest of the season. If he ever was going to make it happen, it was this season, and he didn't, so I'm afraid he never will. He might skate at Nationals next season (maybe), but I don't think he'll make the Olympic team.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Predictions:

1. Abbott
2. Miner
3. Dornbush
4. Mahbanoozadeh
5. Rippon

If Evan shows, I'll put him in second behind Abbott and move everyone else down a place. It's hard to know what level he will be competing at, though, since we haven't seen him compete in years. Plus, he's injured.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
1. Abbott/Farris
2. Miner
3. Rippon

Usually Jeremy skates lights out at Nationals but I feel that Joshua Farris has a real chance to win Nationals this year.
It should be quite a competition!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I saw Johnny being interviewed by Fuji TV for about half an hour yesterday. I was SOOO surprised to see him on TV, because it was LIVE! What the hell is he doing here in Japan? :unsure: at this time of the year??

Happy New Year, deedee! I'm pretty sure that I have read that Weir is a cast member of the current Stars on Ice tour in Japan.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
and since I'm late to say it: GO KEEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Dream Podium:

1.) Dornbush
2.) Farris
3.) Messing
4.) Mahbanoozadeh

My realistic prediction:

1.) Miner
2.) Abbott
3.) Aaron
4.) Dornbush

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Long time no see

Go Jeremy :yay:

Article on Jeremy.

Sounds to me that he is fit and fine. Hungry to compete but :bang: yet mentioning the mental issues. Gaah… I just have to accept that watching him compete will be nailbiting… always…

"I've learned that I really am a strong competitor. I do have some issues when it comes to preparation - the mental aspect but I do have that drive and that fire to compete.

Good to hear that his back injury is taken care of:

I went to see one of the US gymnastics doctors and he worked with me for two hours. We did adjustments and went over everything and I took one of my trainers with me so that she could get everything. She also came with me to Paris and really kept me mobile and it was nice having her there. She'll be with me at Nationals and Worlds and then hopefully everywhere with me next year as well.

Also nice to hear that he is a team player :)

"My concern at this point is making the World team and then putting in all the work for Worlds. The U.S. Wants to secure three spots (for next years Olympics) and I want to help get that third spot back in time for Sochi.

Last edited: