Hockey Lockout Finally Over | Golden Skate

Hockey Lockout Finally Over

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's probably not as big a deal in the US, but here in Canada hockey fans are celebrating tonight about the hockey lockout finally coming to an end. A lot of business's like restaurants, bars and sports shops were suffering due to lack of fans spending money in their establishments, so they are all thrilled as well. It was sort of nice to not hear hockey, hockey, hockey all the time on the air waves and newspapers, but oh well, back to normal. Some fans are planning to boycott the game for awhile, but I doubt it will last...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It's a big deal. It's just that they decide to figure it out during the first week of US Football playoffs, so most sportsfans haven't heard the news because we were watching football! w00t! :rock:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have 2 cousins in Glendale, CA (husband & wife) who are ecstatic about this news. They are huge LA Kings fans, and got engaged @ one of their games, with both sets of parents in attendance!

I'm not a hockey fan, but I'm always happy when a strike like this ends. I know how much it would mean to me if I were a fan myself, and as ladskater says, a lot of businesses suffer when an entire industry goes out of commission for awhile. So congrats, hockey people, and may whatever team each of you supports do well.