GS Members on the West Coast!!! | Golden Skate

GS Members on the West Coast!!!

It's time my dears, to move your you know what and get thee to Portland next January. (Btw, a very nice city. I've been there twice.) Book yourself in the offical hotel and you will be riding the escalators with Amber Corwin, Phililp Dulebohn, and Andrea Gardiner. Nothing wrong with that - but there are many others too. One thing I learned is to be careful what you are saying because there is some relative of the skater you are gossiping about very near you. So be tactful.

It's really great fun to see these things live and there are so many skaters you will see you didn't even know existed. And for me it's fun to remember those whom I perceive as having potential. I did pick out Johnny Weir a few years ago. And there is also the addition of the Junior boys and girls: singles, pairs and dance are fantastic.

It's easy to meet people. They are just like you. (Didn't Linda Tripp say something like that?) Just say something dumb like, I think Nicole Bobek could have won this. You will get many comments and the beginnings of fun LIVE forum stuff. You'll share the tenseness, the joy and the sadness of the results. And then you'll have a drink at the bar to clear the head.

MK, Sasha, Johnny, Orscher and Lucash, Gregory and Petukov are quite thrilling in person.

It's all there in Portland in January 2005. think about it.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hmmmmmmmmmmm that's tempting as it'd be during winter break and my best friend is planning to go to a culinary school down in that area.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

guinevere

Final Flight
Oh, my skating buddies & I have had the 2005 Nationals in our calendars ever since we heard about it!!

ps we learned the hard way about careless comments at the 2002 SA, as Philip Duhlebon overheard us making quite risque jokes about Alexei Yagudin and his ever-present harem of women as we walked down the street by the hotel. It was quite the high school moment. We later talked to Philip at the hotel and apologized for being losers, and he turned out to be the friendliest skater we got to talk to.

guinevere