2013 World Junior Synchro | Golden Skate

2013 World Junior Synchro

Précision

Rinkside
Here's a little clip from finnish 2. qualifying competition that took place in december. It shows the finnish teams, who will compete at Worlds, Team Fintastic and Musketeers.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here's a little clip from finnish 2. qualifying competition that took place in december. It shows the finnish teams, who will compete at Worlds, Team Fintastic and Musketeers.

Précision thanks for the video! They look fantastic ! Which is consider Finland 1 & which Finland 2?

Précision

Rinkside
Team Fintastic won both qualifying competitions, so they are Finland 1, and Musketeers is therefore Finland 2.

Précision

Rinkside
Here's a link to the Youtube channel.

I highly recommend all of you to watch the video from the opening ceremony, Laura Lepistö was skating there! Her performance starts approximately at 20 min. And the last number which includes 6 (!!) finnish juvenile synchro teams is also fun to watch! That starts at 37 min. LINK!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Finland Finland again :clap: It's just amazing how many good skaters this small country has.

Not many boys…. France, South Africa and Austria two each. Mostly they blend in with their female team mates. Austria used their boys otherwise, dressed in different costumes/colors and nicely used in the formations I think.

:eek: Falls are so awkward in sync skating, while it often takes a looooong time for the skaters to find their way back.

I wish you could klick on the teams at the results page to get information about them. Like for the other disciplines. Would be nice to know where they come from, their music, their coaches, their team names etc.

Results after SP
1 Team Finland 1 64.3
2 Team Finland 2 61.5
3 Team Russia 1 55.1
4 Team Canada 1 54.2
5 Team United States of America 49.6
6 Team United States of America 47.06

Précision

Rinkside
1.Team Finland 2 183.20 2 1
2. Team Finland 1 183.00 1 2
3. Team Russia 1 171.56 3 3
4. Team Canada 1 149.84 4 6
5. Team Canada 2 145.45 7 4
6. Team USA 1 144.70 6 5
7. Team USA 2 143.69 5 8
8. Team Sweden 1 138.91 8 7
9. Team Sweden 2 124.75 9 9
10. Team Russia 2 119.93 10 10
11. Team Germany 113.15 11 11
12. Team Italy 104.74 12 12

...20 team participated

The hole Competition was truly amazing. The atmosphere in the rink was great, and we saw some excellent performances. Musketeers, FIN 2 who won the first official World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships showed very strong skating in their free program. Their theme is " evil queen".
Team Fintastic FIN 1, had minor fall in their free, which caused their silver medal finish. Their theme is "magic winter" (music is from Nightwish's album)
Team Russia was very positive surprise! Russia is very strong technically, and I think they will be future champions some day. They skated to Scorpions' music.
Team Canada 1 (Nexxice) had very unfortunate skate in their free. 4 falls, and one skater wasn't quick enough to get back in the program, so they got one more deduction on "interruption in excess". So -5.00 deduction total. :( Free program's music was "house of dancing water".
Team USA's teams very good, but I was little dissapointed. Their programs didn't look so polished, as those teams above them. USA 1 free skating's music was from the soundtrack "mirror, mirror", and team USA 2 skated to West Side Story.

Videos:
Musketeers: Free Short
Team Fintastic:Free Short
Spartak-Junost (Russia 1): Free Short
Nexxice (CAN 1): Free Short
Les Supremes(CAN 2):Free Short
Lexettes (USA 1): Free Short
Skyliners (USA 2):Free Short

The music is little off in the videos...

Syncro music doesn't (yet) have same kind of problem with "overused music" as figure skating does, but new movie soundtracks do get really popular. They just change every season. In the top 7 there's 3 snow white/evil queen programs (FIN2, CAN2 and USA1).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank goodness no team used "The Artist"

There has been all too much of Peppy & George in every other skating discipline, IMO.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congrats to all competitors at the first official junior synchro world's :clap: I wonder why next won't be until 2015. Maybe there will be an unofficial one in between. Not surprising that Russia improves quickly. Lots of young talents must skate elsewhere than singles if they want to compete internationally. Good luck to them :thumbsup:

Thanks Précision for the report. Sounds like great fun going to synchro events. I think it's enjoyable to watch though I don't know much about it. So 4 falls for Nexxice in FP. Still they were 4th overall. Some resemblance to figure skating rules :laugh: Vocals is aloowed in synchro. Maybe that's why there is less overused music; more to choose from.