Alissa Czisny injured during FS on Jan 12 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny injured during FS on Jan 12

ice coverage

Record Breaker
‏@USFigureSkating
Alissa Czisny was injured today performing her free skate at the Fox Cities Invitational. Info will be released after a full evaluation.
5:51 PM - 12 Jan 13​

:(

Krislite

Medalist
‏@USFigureSkating
Alissa Czisny was injured today performing her free skate at the Fox Cities Invitational. Info will be released after a full evaluation.
5:51 PM - 12 Jan 13​

:(

Well, there's a good chance she's not competing at Nats now. :(

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Two comments from USFS Facebook page (of many already posted) with reaction:

- "Thoughts and prayers for her. My daughter was there and was very concerned for her."

- "it was pretty scary seeing her taken off on a stretcher...doesnt look good for nationals."

ice coverage

Record Breaker
According to multiple -- but unofficial -- tweets, Czisny was taken to the hospital.

ETA: One tweet (again, an unofficial report) says that she fell on a triple flip.​

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder why she didn't just take the rest of the season off? She had major surgery and really didn't have much to gain skating the rest of the season. Now she may be done for good.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think if she wanted the USFSA could let her bow out like Yags did at Skate Canada in 2002, do the sp (if possible) and then say goodbye at the free.

Hoping it's not as bad as it seems.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, dear... This is sad news indeed; I for one hope that she doen not give up - I would hate for that horrible Worlds' performance to be her last.

amc987

On the Ice
Ugh. This is really too bad. I'm hoping the injury isn't actually as severe as it seemed at first. Her participation at nationals doesn't look likely though.

Not that this really matters now, but does anyone know what her super-secret free program music was?

babayaga

On the Ice
:( Watching her short program from yesterday reminded me how much I missed her skating. So sad :no: