Alissa Czisny injured during FS on Jan 12 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny injured during FS on Jan 12

macy

Record Breaker
this is horrible. what bad luck...she is the last person who deserves something like this after a big injury. hoping and praying she has a quick and full recovery and that it isn't serious. i also noticed the user who posted that video closed their account...but her short was wonderful except the mistake on the lutz. it seemed very calm.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
So sad for Alissa, after eveything that she's been through I was just hoping to see her skating well again, just this, I don't want that terrible performance to be her last... :cry: Does anyone have another link to the video? And which jumps was she attempting? (And, again, the 3F is the jump that causes her injuries! :bang: )

Snoopy15

On the Ice
this is horrible. what bad luck...she is the last person who deserves something like this after a big injury. hoping and praying she has a quick and full recovery and that it isn't serious. i also noticed the user who posted that video closed their account...but her short was wonderful except the mistake on the lutz. it seemed very calm.

Oh dear, I hadn't noticed that...
Just curious, are some people contacted by coaches, etc. to take down videos or anything? Do they have that sort of power to close an account by contacting Youtube?
If anyone could answer, that I'd be thankful.

And yes, I agree about the short. It looks improved over last year, it gives a more serene feeling to it; I don't know why, it just puts a smile on my face. Also, the Double Axel technique looks a lot better now. She's actually stepping up to the jump instead of "Twisting" into it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well Alissa is Gone with the Wind for this year and uber fans won't like this but maybe it is time for Alissa to move on. I always could be wrong but she really is pushing the envelope and not necessarily in a good way.

avalyn

Rinkside
Oh no, this is so sad. :cry: After the good SP performance, I was looking forward to seeing the long today, optimistic and hopeful about her condition going into Nationals. I don't think she was overly ambitious about future Worlds/Olympics prospects, she was probably just hoping to have a happier end to her career than the disaster skate at Worlds 2012, so it's sad that she might even be deprived of that. But it also puts things into perspective, her health is more important than competition results and having embarrassing past skates. I hope she's okay. I found this, a part of the long program, but it cuts off in the middle.

Last edited:

Kalina

On the Ice
There's a poster of FSU that wrote that she dislocated her hip (same hip that was injured last season) and that she has already undergone surgery.

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
If what has been speculated is confirmed, then the hip dislocated and required emergency surgery to put it back in place. Whether there is damage to ligaments, tendons, the cartilage or the labrum is unknown.

How does this take place? Well it is not hard to imagine that landing a jump under rotated and twisting around on the hip and leg to get it all the way around and not fall can do this, especially if it is a common occurrence in practices and program.

I do not understand the plan of AC and her coaches to return to competition and training of jumps that she does not do well, and returning to all the different triples. She also returned to bad technique. The 3 flip she does always gets an edge call and UR most of the time. UR stresses the hip. DO NOT DO IT until she is fully recovered, if ever again. If salcow bothers the hip, leave that out too. I also never understood AC never doubling jumps that will never be rotated as triples. If not enough speed, height and distance - she should double it. She never does. She URs and falls down.

Her hip can't take it anymore. I do not fully understand the choices made in her training obviously risky items and rushing to return with all the jumps, spins and steps. I think it would have been ok to return with less difficulty and retained quality, just like Kostner has done. It seems she avoided knee surgery all together by giving up the lutz and flip for a long time, then adding back only one per event, the flip. It seems AC rushed back and was reinsured by UR a jump she never did very well.

I hope she will recover fully. It is heartbreaking.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh noooo this is terrible news. I feel so bad for Alissa, she has been so focused on getting her groove back and then this happens.
Hugs to Alissa and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Argh. I'm crushed. Especially after watching the video of her short. It reminded me how lovely her skating is.

Just curious, are some people contacted by coaches, etc. to take down videos or anything? Do they have that sort of power to close an account by contacting Youtube?

Promoters, sponsors, TV networks, etc., negotiate the rights to make videos of events. Fancams usually violate someone's copyright. If the copyright holder complains to You Tube, You Tube will take down the video and cancel the account of the uploader.

I doubt if individual skaters and coaches ever ask people to take down videos.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I doubt if individual skaters and coaches ever ask people to take down videos.

Actually they do if it isnt flattering :laugh:

That being said ALL usfsa sanctioned events are under their copyright and photography/video restrictions (learned this the hard way). Unless the event organizers recognize you as an official videographer or photographer you can get nastigrams from the bigwigs.

Vicky458

On the Ice
So so sad. I love Alyssa as an individual and as a elegant skater. Hugs, thoughts and prayers to her and her family. God Bless

Awful, awful, awful. She must be in such pain, and I think that at this stage such an injury really ends her competitive career.