Pechalat/Bourzat withdraw from Europeans | Golden Skate

Pechalat/Bourzat withdraw from Europeans

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More from Tatjana Flade ‏@Tatjana21:
Update F. Bourzat: rupture of adductor in his right leg, suffered Jan 9, French Fed reports. Hopes to be ready for Worlds.
10:07 AM - 17 Jan 13​

Questions:
- Weren't Pechalat/Bourzat scheduled to perform in the DSC show this past Saturday?
- And were they in fact able to?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Statement in French posted on Pechalat/Bourzat's Facebook page:
The title is:
DANSE SUR GLACE :
CHAMPIONNATS D’EUROPE – ZAGREB (CRO)
N.PECHALAT / F.BOURZAT FORFAITS

Short article in French also on P/B's FB page:
Headline:
Le 17/01/2013 à 19:27:00 | Mis à jour le 17/01/2013 19:27:39
Patinage art. - Championnat d'Europe :
Péchalat-Bourzat forfaitNathalie Péchalat et Fabian Bourzat sont contraints de déclarer forfait pour les Championnats d'Europe de Zagreb qui débutent mercredi prochain, la faute à une blessure à l'adducteur contractée par le Français.

ETA:​

If I understand the L'Equipe article correctly, Camerlengo said that Pechalat was in tears. :(

And everyone at DSC no doubt feels very sad for all of their sidelined training mates: Weaver/Poje, Czisny, and now P/B. The whole group is overdue for some better luck.​

Last edited:

blancanieves

On the Ice
And everyone at DSC no doubt feels very sad for all of their sidelined training mates: Weaver/Poje, Czisny, and now P/B. The whole group is overdue for some better luck.[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Alessandrini/Vaturi are on that list too. I'm getting nervous.

Mattieu

Medalist
It also says he has a partial tear of the adducteur, this is really bad news!!

For strains that involve partial tearing of the adductor muscles, the average recovery time is 1 to 2 months.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
That recovery time is really cutting it close for Worlds, but I hope they don't rush back into training and risk re-injuring the muscle, especially with the Olympics looming close. What bad luck for the DSC though, two back to back injuries and both of their top tier ice dance teams currently out of commission is just incredibly unfortunate.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sad news for P/B, they were almost locks for Euros champion and Worlds bronze
I don't think they can be ready by Worlds

looks like Euros and Worlds Ice Dance will eb a bit unpredictable
B/S, C/L I/K, R/T all have chances to win and medal

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Oh no. Yeah, the bronze will be really unpredictable at Worlds if W/P or P/B don't get better in time. Maybe the Shibs CAN repeat?

Macassar88

Medalist
Oh no. Yeah, the bronze will be really unpredictable at Worlds if W/P or P/B don't get better in time. Maybe the Shibs CAN repeat?
Even if WP are ready for worlds doesn't mean that there is any less competition for bronze. Remember that Bobrova and Soloviev them twice in succession.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Anyone find the icenetwork headline ("French toast") in poor taste, or am I being sensitive?

I'll agree that bronze will be unpredictable.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Anyone find the icenetwork headline ("French toast") in poor taste, or am I being sensitive?

I don't think so. It's insensitive, much like the "Gone with the Wind" jokes on the Alissa Czisny thread. People exploit their alleged cleverness at the expense of the skater's deep disappointment.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, no! So sorry to find out this news. I was hoping they'd do so well @ Europeans, and then on to Worlds. Best wishes to Fabian for a full recovery!

TelmoFe

Rinkside
So sad for them. Fast recovery to Fabian. If he is not ready to Worlds, next year is more important. A huge lost to the Euros and Worlds competitions.

dcnative

On the Ice
Very sad about this. They have been extremely underrated for years IMHO; so I thought the "threepeat" was going to be great for them.

Joubabe

On the Ice
Country
United-States
This is terrible news! I feel so bad for them. To train so hard and have such high hopes and success only to be stopped in their tracks by injury is devastating. They're one of my favorite teams. Best wishes for a full recovery to Fabian. Don't come back too early like Alissa seems to have done. Best to be healthy for the Olympics.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sheesh another injury. Get well soon Fabian.

They will be missed at Euros for sure.