Hypothectically speaking - seat snagging | Golden Skate

Hypothectically speaking - seat snagging

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It depends on the arena. Most don't bother you, but I have been in one or two that did. It's worth a shot, definitely.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My apologies, Doris...I was being facitious. But you are correct....seat poaching is something I do even though I have a good bought seat, just to sit with friends....If I am bumped, I am polite and leave toute suite....seat poaching is much harder of course during senior skates, except at SkateAmerica or four conts.....I dont recall ever having problems sitting with friends during Novice or Junior events....did have an interesting experience at Spokane 2010. I was poaching a front row seat next to my friend Howard as there was never anyone sitting next to him. The AP photogs would shoot from next seats over and we would help them out...Howard with the technical aspects of skating and who to shoot(he skated with Frank C.) and I with watching their equipment as they shuttled memory cards....the seat police eventually came down and hauled me away....:mad:
It depends on the arena. Most don't bother you, but I have been in one or two that did. It's worth a shot, definitely.

louisa05

Final Flight
My apologies, Doris...I was being facitious. But you are correct....seat poaching is something I do even though I have a good bought seat, just to sit with friends....If I am bumped, I am polite and leave toute suite....seat poaching is much harder of course during senior skates, except at SkateAmerica or four conts.....I dont recall ever having problems sitting with friends during Novice or Junior events....did have an interesting experience at Spokane 2010. I was poaching a front row seat next to my friend Howard as there was never anyone sitting next to him. The AP photogs would shoot from next seats over and we would help them out...Howard with the technical aspects of skating and who to shoot(he skated with Frank C.) and I with watching their equipment as they shuttled memory cards....the seat police eventually came down and hauled me away....:mad:

Are your seats pretty far up? Because my mother and I may not attend all of the free dance sessions. We will come to the sessions to see pairs for sure, but may wander off during some or all of dance as we are not particularly fans. We have third row seats. You could poach ours for that if you want.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thank you very much for the offer....I look forward to meeting you and you seem like a very nice person! My seat is in the front row, Isle, Section 128, but at times I like to sit with friends during minor events to get my people fix or find someone to eat with...Off on the big bird tomarrow at oh dark thirty....see you there in the sun and the fun....
Are your seats pretty far up? Because my mother and I may not attend all of the free dance sessions. We will come to the sessions to see pairs for sure, but may wander off during some or all of dance as we are not particularly fans. We have third row seats. You could poach ours for that if you want.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That's a very kind offer, Louisa! Enjoy your experience @ Nationals.

Chris, it goes without saying - have a wonderful time too. I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to share with us. :biggrin: