Getting together.... | Golden Skate

Getting together....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, just a thought....so far here are the folks I think will be there.
iskaterkay
AHBlack (with big party)
Louisa05
Antiloguy
Loveskating
Coyote Chris Tall, thin, leather jacket, mustache, usually wears ball cap with buffalo on it. Walks too fast for many people to restaurants....walks the concourse for exersise during breaks....plays well with others.
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/DSCF3155.jpg
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/me.jpg

During the practices, etc, if you want to say hi and chat for awhile, that would be great. Maybe certain folks will be there alone and would like to have dinner with company.... I will add my description....
If anyone else wants to do the same, that is fine...if not, no harm no foul. It worked out well at SkateAmerica but it was easy to find each other due to that being a small event. And there wasnt one rotten
apple in the whole bunch....everyone played well with others....

Chris the head of the "No GSer left behind" committee

loveskating

Rinkside
Ok Chris. I will be the best looking there! LOL
In any case, practices are my thing! I will see you there.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great! I limp into Omaha Sunday afternoon and hope to catch a bit of competition Sunday night. Gonna try and get myself to the arena to see some of the junior pairs practice before the Novice free Dance Monday....but the two hour time zone shift may kill me!
(Boy, you folks dont fool around! 18 people....)
At Boston, I am going to revert to showing up a day early....
Ok Chris. I will be the best looking there! LOL
In any case, practices are my thing! I will see you there.

Last edited:

louisa05

Final Flight
I will be there with my mom. We have the weekend package--so we'll be at the men's short Friday night, pairs/dance free sessions and ladies free Saturday and men's free on Sunday.

I am tallish, probably will be wearing brown leather boots or black snow boots; I have a brick reddish colored parka with faux fur around the collar, light brown hair just past shoulder length, and will be accompanied by my teeny tiny brunette mother (5'1"ish, 95 lbs) who usually has hold of my arm outside, for steps and in crowds due to vision/depth perception issues.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
See you there! And yes, please have mom be careful about the steps....I have seen way too many falls in Arenas.....
I will be there with my mom. We have the weekend package--so we'll be at the men's short Friday night, pairs/dance free sessions and ladies free Saturday and men's free on Sunday.

I am tallish, probably will be wearing brown leather boots or black snow boots; I have a brick reddish colored parka with faux fur around the collar, light brown hair just past shoulder length, and will be accompanied by my teeny tiny brunette mother (5'1"ish, 95 lbs) who usually has hold of my arm outside, for steps and in crowds due to vision/depth perception issues.

louisa05

Final Flight
See you there! And yes, please have mom be careful about the steps....I have seen way too many falls in Arenas.....

Her depth perception issues have been going on for at least ten years, so she is really good about holding railings and holding someone's arm or letting us hold on to her. She knows when she can't see it. I'm just excited that we were able to get third row seats, plus with the lights on at a competition, she'll be able to see the skaters better than the shows we have attended where the spotlights, etc...make it harder.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Folks, you should all get sweatshirts with your goldenskate names on them! Given some of the group outfits I've seen at Canadian Nationals this weekend, you would look just fine! Yesterday, I went as Tarasova (my aunt's old blue fur coat!) but sadly, I don't have her hairdo! Glad to hear that you're all into the spirit of the thing though. Enjoy, enjoy, and see some of you at World's.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I had everyone dress up like orange pumkins last time at SA so we could identify each other. PaulE came up with a great hat but it costs a small fortune...At the Reno National Air Races, we rabid fans wear orange T-shirts with our names on them....
I think the FSU crowd has their own hats but skating fans seem to be more conservative than racing fans!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Reno2012/chrishat.jpg

Folks, you should all get sweatshirts with your goldenskate names on them! Given some of the group outfits I've seen at Canadian Nationals this weekend, you would look just fine! Yesterday, I went as Tarasova (my aunt's old blue fur coat!) but sadly, I don't have her hairdo! Glad to hear that you're all into the spirit of the thing though. Enjoy, enjoy, and see some of you at World's.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I won't describe us as my companions might not be comfortable with that. I will say that we have been coming for a long time. This will be my 21st Nationals. We are old (sorry, mature) women and we tend to sprawl out at practices a lot. We are also concourse walkers.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK....! I am off on big bird at first light. Everyone have fun and be safe on those arena steps....

Ces

Spectator
I'll look out for all of you in Omaha! I'm still very new to the forum, but met some nice people from GS at Skate America. Unless I miss my connecting flight, I should get to Omaha in time for the ice dance short on Friday afternoon.

louisa05

Final Flight
The Spagetti factory is excellent and inexpensive and they have Guiness!

It is Spaghetti Works. It is good and reasonably priced. Can't believe I forgot to mention it to everyone when we were talking about restaurants downtown!