Practice Reports? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Another tweet from Lynn Rutherford:

Leah Keiser may have a foot or ankle problem; she is limping a bit & missed some jumps in practice. Coach Nicks is concerned. #Omaha2013

burntBREAD

Medalist
According to FSU, in the morning Mirai did a clean FS runthrough, fell on a 3F later, landed some nice 3T-3T and worked on 3F(!)-3T towards the end, and in the afternoon she worked on 3F-3T more, landing some good ones and falling on one that was "wonky from the start".

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
According to FSU, in the morning Mirai did a clean FS runthrough, fell on a 3F later, landed some nice 3T-3T and worked on 3F(!)-3T towards the end, and in the afternoon she worked on 3F-3T more, landing some good ones and falling on one that was "wonky from the start".

Thanks! :)

I don't know about a 3F-3T. Doesn't Mirai get dinged on those edge calls with flips and lutzes? Still-it would be amazing if she could pull off 3-3 jumps in both the SP and LP!

loveskating

Rinkside
Ashley is not trying any triple triple but she is looking great!Goldie is amazing! Not impressed by either Mirai or Caroline. Agnes looks mature and she had a better second practice.I love Cecario. That Hicks kid can really do some damage! If I had to judge by how they practiced today I will go with: Ashley, Gracie, Cesario,Agnes,Hicks! By the way , no one since Harding can jump like Hicks does!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You have to understand that I have trouble seeing underrotations and I am biased toward Mirai....did she fall? Yes. Did she land some triple triples? Well, it looked that way to me. Everything else she did looked good to me....
Confused. You said that Mirai had a great practice? But then you said she had a few issues? Which is it?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
This is probably closer to the truth than my report....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
+ 1 on Christina....
@LynnRutherford: Just back from ladies' practices and mixed zone interviews;Gracie Gold did stunning clean FS run-thru w/3Lutz3toe & 2Axel/3toe #Omaha2013

Lynn also mentioned that Gracie plans on doing a Rippon lutz in the short and that Christina did well reeling off 3T-3Ts.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I tried my best, but a person we shall call "Sherril" comes over to me, sits behind me, and wont stop talking....she's not a bad person...she just cant stop talking....

It's ok, someone posted a report on Gracie already. Thanks for all the reports-much appreciated! :)

Because he doesn't watch sports. This man once asked me what "those yellow poles" were for at a baseball game.

Oh dear! :laugh: Well perhaps he'd be willing to trade-off on some other favorite activity? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Gracie can conquer her nerves. She is usually strong in practice but the trick is to do it when it counts. She's due for some clean skates this season. This would be the perfect time to do it.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
3F+3T from Mirai? Wonderful!! And, has she ever landed a 3S in competition? A 7-triples FS would be amazing! It's funny how in the past season the flip has been the jump that gave Mirai so much trouble (she avoided it during the 2011 GP and popped it at Nationals last year), now it's one of her strongest jumps!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope Gracie can conquer her nerves. She is usually strong in practice but the trick is to do it when it counts. She's due for some clean skates this season. This would be the perfect time to do it.

I'm worried about her trying a Rippon lutz. I think it's a huge risk and the difficulty isn't rewarded because she could get the same GOE bonus by doing a transition into or out of the jump.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wed am dance practice. No collisions. D and W are no shows. Keifer stubbled out of a twizzel but looked good after that...every major player looked good, except for Madison Hubbell who looks fantastic! :love::love: Go Lynn and Logan....! Chris who is jealous of Zack Donohue

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm worried about her trying a Rippon lutz. I think it's a huge risk and the difficulty isn't rewarded because she could get the same GOE bonus by doing a transition into or out of the jump.
That's what makes me angry: a Rippon 3Lz should receive all +2 and +3, just considering how difficult it is!! And if the landing is not clean (hand/foot down, poor speed and flow etc.) it should receive 0 and +1: this skaters has just landed a triple jump with both his/her arms over his/her head, and that obviously makes the jump wonkier if it's not perfectly executed!

burntBREAD

Medalist
3F+3T from Mirai? Wonderful!! And, has she ever landed a 3S in competition? A 7-triples FS would be amazing! It's funny how in the past season the flip has been the jump that gave Mirai so much trouble (she avoided it during the 2011 GP and popped it at Nationals last year), now it's one of her strongest jumps!

She used to do nice transitions into the salchow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEPMEIvN_gw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKKsq-cMErM

She started losing it around 08-09, I think the last time she landed it was 09 Nationals and she tried it here but fell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta3vY5ugZX8 and it's been missing ever since.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
really hoping Gracie pulls a top 2 finish
I want to see her compete at Worlds

Me too. Her best years are going to be after Sochi though. In two years i can see her overtaking Ashley if she continues to improve.

mskater93

Record Breaker
They retooled her jump layout to maximize her ability to go clean and score big. Saw her last week at practice and other than a freak splat on a spin (of all things), she was SOLID technically