Practice Reports? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Me too. Her best years are going to be after Sochi though. In two years i can see her overtaking Ashley if she continues to improve.

yes , I really love her speed and her presentation and she has the jumps !
the younger girls are too late for 2014 their time will indeed be after 2014
Gracie could be a top American lady contender, Then there's Mirai, Karen Chen and other newcomers

mskater93

Record Breaker
Future (beyond Gold): Miller if she gets a 3+3, Edmunds if she can maintain and improve upon her tough content, Mariah Bell (she has everything EXCEPT the 3+3 - I think she's a STAR on the ice in terms of IT and selling a program), Wang if she can get some consistency in her SP, Keiser if she can get some consistency, Chen....Tyler Pierce (Novice) and Amy Lin (Novice) also impressed me

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I agree but I'm iffy on Keiser and would also add Cesario, big jumps and mature presentation, usually consistent when she's not injured, and reportedly is working on 3lo-3lo, and Barbie Long, her presentation is still not great, but she has a 3lz-3t and 2a-3t already and her jumps just seem to have gotten bigger and more secure since she's grown, usually the jump consistency is pretty good too and her layback spin is very strong. Leah for one doesn't have great jump technique, and also has a tendency to under-rotate her jumps, and falls quite a bit as well. I also wonder if she has/will outgrown the sport, based on pictures from JGP Turkey and the JGPF, she's grown a ton recently, she towers over most of the other girls I wouldn't be surprised if she's 5'6" or 5'7" by now and where her jumps have never been the most cleanly rotated or consistent, I'm not that hopeful they will suddenly get better now that she's gotten so tall and will probably continue to grow and fill out. Also, I thought Mariah's jumps looked better/bigger/stronger compared to last season which is a good thing, and though she looks young she will be 17 in a few months so she may be done with most of her growing.

Nena

Rinkside
This poster shot video of Gracie, Hannah, Caroline, Samantha, Ashley (Cain) and Agnes practice yesterday.

www.youtube.com/user/urrrara?feature=watch

Thanks for posting my videos. I'm recording the ladies practice tonight but I ran out of memory and had to delete a lot to save room for Ashley and Mirai and I deleted more than I meant to. Including Samantha, Ashley Cain, and Hannah

I'm so sorry!

Last edited:

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting my videos. I'm recording the ladies practice tonight but I ran out of memory and had to delete a lot to save room for Ashley and Mirai and I deleted more than I meant to. Including Samantha, Ashley Cain, and Hannah

I'm so sorry!

Thanks so much for the videos!

Caroline looks to be hit or miss with the 3-3...it looked pretty URed to me. I hope she skates strongly for herself but I don't think she'll make the podium this year.

Mirai looks pretty solid except for the second 3F (popped). Everything else looked pretty good, especially her 2A-3T.

Ashley had a slightly rough FS run through. That damn 3L+2A again! I'm a little worried...I hope she was just a little off and that won't become a problem for her. I wonder if it would be better for them to add a hop out of the 3L before the 2A. As it is she lands the 3L and steps right into the 2A. Maybe if they added a slight hop to prep before the 2A she'd give herself a bit more height... I don't know. I think I'll be closing my eyes on that one. Then she had a silly slip in the step seq too...but she did hit that final 3F! :) That's okay Ashley. Leave it all out on the practice ice...that's why it's there.

Thanks again for the videos! Anything from Angela Wang or Yasmin Siraj?

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker

I'm so sorry!
Thank you for the videos!! :bow:

Trewyn

Medalist
Ashley had a slightly rough FS run through. That damn 3L+2A again! I'm a little worried...I hope she was just a little off and that won't become a problem for her. I wonder if it would be better for them to add a hop out of the 3L before the 2A. As it is she lands the 3L and steps right into the 2A. Maybe if they added a slight hop to prep before the 2A she'd give herself a bit more height... I don't know. I think I'll be closing my eyes on that one. Then she had a silly slip in the step seq too...but she did hit that final 3F! :) That's okay Ashley. Leave it all out on the practice ice...that's why it's there.

I agree about the prep before the 2A. Would that stop it being a sequence? She had the same lack of height/spring on that 2A like in the GPF. I just hope it won't become a psychological hurdle, the freak fall in the footwork makes me think she was still mentally kicking herself for that fall. Everything else in that practice looked so SOLID. It's hard to imagine that she used two-foot her toe jumps; they look so confident! She can do it!!

gimble

On the Ice
Wow. Watching the practice videos, they all seem so good!
I'm clearly unable to judge whether their jumps are fully rotated and use the right edges and all that but it's very exciting how good and deep the ladies' field is this year!

I hope they all bring their best game tonight!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Side toe hop before the Axel leaves it as a sequence. She may not have success with that, though, because not everyone is comfortable with the side toe hop (tap toe) into Axels/other jumps. She kinda hitched the take off a little bit (ie tried too hard and cranked it causing it not to go up all the way). She'll get it sorted out.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States

I'm so sorry!

Thank YOU for uploading the practice videos! I was thrilled especially to see Mirai's, Ashley (Wagner's) and Gracie's! Very much appreciated! :rock:

Here's to the Senior Ladies in the SP tonight! May they all have great skates!! :points:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You can see some of the men practice on Ice Network now. I don't think you need a subscription.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ice Dance fans -- Ice Dance practice is on NOW on IN with the Shibs and Chock and Bates (among others)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I agree about the prep before the 2A. Would that stop it being a sequence? She had the same lack of height/spring on that 2A like in the GPF. I just hope it won't become a psychological hurdle, the freak fall in the footwork makes me think she was still mentally kicking herself for that fall. Everything else in that practice looked so SOLID. It's hard to imagine that she used two-foot her toe jumps; they look so confident! She can do it!!

No, a step or hop between the two elements wouldn't change the designation.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley came down with a case of salmonella last week. Not the best time to lose training time so she may not be at her best. But she's one tough cookie.

Last edited:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Is anyone watching the backstage camera on ice network right now?
Men's practice is going on. Who's the redhead?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Here's Jason Brown's amazing FS runthrough from yesterday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bRvL-1DQ8

And here's Max Aaron's FS run through http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXcgpN27sTI

Sorry that's all I have. I could upload Jeremy if anyone really, really wants to see it. But I don't like putting bad practices on Youtube.

Thank you so much Nena. Max Aaron looked terrific landing his quads & triples. West Side Story suits his athletic style much more than Tosca & I'm looking to him along with 2 or 3 other of our young skaters to lift the US back to being a figure skating force in mens skating. As for Jason...what can you say? The young man is breathtaking to watch. So beautiful that it brings tears to my eyes watching him. Memories of John Curry & what we lost when he passed away.