Practices | Golden Skate

Practices

seniorita

Record Breaker
Reports from practices are not many right now cause a lot of skaters arrived later than scheduled due to snow and fog, so far I read Amodio was training in the afternoon, Brezina had an injury on his shoulder, no Fernandez , nor Joubert there.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Seems like everyone arrived fine and safe. Just to make it clear- a lot of flights were delayed in Europe and some skaters, not Russians only, arrived later than planned. The first Russian group with ice dancers arrived earlier on Sunday with no troubles. The flight from St-Petersburg with Plu, Liza, K/S, Mishin, Gosviani, Moskvina, Urmanov arrived via Vienna as it was scheduled on Monday evening. The second fight from Moscow was unluckily stucked in Budapest due bad weather in Zagreb. But they got stucked later too when Zagreb was already accepting flights because the orginal Aeroflot flight was on superjet that wasn't fit for this type of weather :mad:. Therefore the skaters and officials had to wait for airbus that finally delivered them to Zagreb. In total their flight was about 20 hours with about 16 of them sitting in the airport (not hotel). I hope this quite tiring experience won't affect physical conditions of the skaters.

Plu at the press conference said that his back injury is still around but not that much anymore and that he wants to defent his title again and will do his best for that: https://www.facebook.com/isufigures...9244165.126107.255007411190874&type=1&theater

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The rink looks so wear down and crappy in that picture of Amodio.
Well, you could be right somehow:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=44GXUAEvXvk

Anna's new dress: http://pic.twitter.com/KK4G5jJf

Piseev said to R-media that Trankov seems isolated from everyone and nobody wants to disturb him. He again said that it was entirely Max's decision to compete and the RusFed couldn't possibly insisit on his participation in such situation. Tanya looks very "feeling" for him:http://twitpic.com/bxaam0

The rink looks so wear down and crappy in that picture of Amodio.

I was there the last time Euros were in Zagreb. The rink looks like it hasn't been refurbished at all since it was built.

In men's loos there would be just a hole in the ground in the cabins. :p

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko at his 1st training on European Championships 2013 - he practiced parts from FS, jumps (1 quad!), spins.

https://twitter.com/Euros2013
#Plushenko 3axel - he is simply AMAZING. You dont have to be a fan to appreciate him.
#BrianJoubert short program practice. Spins only.

figuristka

Medalist
Didn't realize Plush had tattoos. Misha Ge twittered"Still some skaters without luggage at Euros" Javier Fernandez was mentioned.

Icey

Record Breaker
Hope the roof doesn't fall in or a ceiling light fall on the ice.

I can only imagine the fortitude it takes to compete when you have just lost a beloved father. I was a zombie when my dad, mom, and sister died. Could barely put one foot in front of the other.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Hope the roof doesn't fall in or a ceiling light fall on the ice.

I can only imagine the fortitude it takes to compete when you have just lost a beloved father. I was a zombie when my dad, mom, and sister died. Could barely put one foot in front of the other.

Rink looks a bit plain, ok. But if the ice is ok and the temp it will work out for everyone IMO. Who lost his father?

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Trankov lost his father

Oh how horrible...I know what that means....I lost my father to cancer and nearly crashed my university studies because of it:-(( So that explains as well his black out at the Grand Prix.....Nobody is able to "function" in such a situation. Many condolences!

Redstone

Rinkside
His dad died unexpectedly just three days ago, so no Grand Prix was not because of it.

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
His dad died unexpectedly just three days ago, so no Grand Prix was not because of it.

Ah ok, I thought perhaps that his father had been sick for a longer time, but this is really absolutely horrible for him - 3 days ago....:-(