The prettiest female skaters nowadays | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The prettiest female skaters nowadays

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Just got our latest issue of IFS magazine. Kaetlyn is VERY pretty (she looks a little like Jen Robinson in the magazine's feature article).

Alissa, Kiira, Maia, Meryl, Christina

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza is the prettiest IMO. She's got such a pretty elfin face and such cheeky eyes.

Can we have a thread for handsomest men, too? ;)

Gracie Gold is no slouch in the looks department. I still think Carolyn Zhang is radiant, especially after seeing her free skate last night. There's a serene quality to her face.

As for a thread for handsomest men, I vote yes!

ForeverFish

Medalist
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Gracie Gold
Julia Lipnitskaia
Yuna Kim
Meryl Davis
Kiira Korpi
Adelina Sotnikova
Elena Ilinykh
Maia Shibutani
Ashley Wagner
Agnes Zawadzki
Mao Asada
Akiko Suzuki

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It’s been a while since I visited this thread so, after posting in the male thread, I thought I should maybe take a look at the female thread again.

I think it's an unwritten rule that to be a female figure skater, one must be beautiful!

You know, I think chloepoco might be right, because of all the names that have been mentioned since I revived this discussion, there are only a couple that I would disagree with!

Obviously, Julia Lipnitskaya is one of them. But, that is just because I am 27 and she is 14. If I was 20 or younger, I might think differently. But I’m not.

You remember in The "Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Skater" Thread, I said there were only 2 skaters that I actively didn’t like, but I didn’t want to reveal who one of them was. I said there was something about her that I didn’t like, but I didn’t know exactly what it was. Well, over the past few months, I have noticed something strange happening. I am now starting to find her attractive!!! Which is something I would NEVER have expected to happen!

Like, this skater has been on the senior circuit for 7 years, and in all that time I never found her attractive. In fact, she was about the only skater that I thought wasn’t that pretty. But, perhaps my dislike for her was clouding my judgement. Although, that said, I never let disliking her get in the way of liking her partner…

Meryl does excessive make up

Funny sky_fly20 should say that Meryl wears too much make-up, because that is the only reason that I did not include Monika Simancikova in my list!

Monika Simancikova - harsh Eastern European features, but she makes them work and her thin, muscular physique I find very attractive

I wouldn’t use the word “harsh”, though. I quite like Eastern European features… ;) :biggrin:

Fumie Suguri I don't usually like women 12 years older than me, but her outright determination to continue skating when everybody wants her to quit is downright sexy.

Well, I don’t usually like women 20 years older than me, but Kati Witt was still attractive when she was 40. But then, she had a massive head-start as she was very beautiful when she was competing. She’s well past it now, though.

But, getting back to Fumie. A lot of Japanese (male and female) tend to age prematurely, and it usually happens very quickly. Fumie is one of the exceptions. OK, so she is not quite as cute as she was 10 years ago, but she still looks absolutely stunning. Never mind her determination to carry on being downright sexy; Fumie herself is downright sexy! I was totally mesmerised by her at the New Year’s gala at Oberstdorf, particularly during her performance in the first half...!!! ;) :biggrin:

I’ll just add here, I loved the costume(s) Fumie wore in the first routine (I’m ashamed to admit I didn’t even notice the zip in the dress until she started un-doing it!), but didn’t like her costume for the second routine. For me, dresses that are completely covered in tassels just don’t work as a skating costume.

Zijun Li - classic Asian beauty. Cute for now, will be stunning later

Zijun Li- she is very leggy she will be beautiful as she matures

Personally, I think she’s already there! Still has a young face, but those legs are to die for!!!

I'm surprised no one mentioned Kaitlyn Weaver...saw her in person at the Cdn Champs this weeked and she's just gorgeous

When I was writing my original comment, I was dithering between Ashley and Kaitlyn over which to keep in the shortened version of my list. So I went for Ashley because I had something specific I wanted to say about her. But, Kaitlyn is stunning too! I’m SOOOO jealous that you got to meet her!

Kaetlyn: she glows with prettiness, and I like her body, btw.

There are others, but I just wanted to put Kaetlyn Osmond in there. Can't understand why she's ignored, especially considering some of the others listed.

Just realized who she reminded me of...Kylie Platt on Coronation Street.

http://www.celebry.co.uk/ttt/0gs3wl4uh

http://www.celebry.co.uk/ttt/0h8s2dcxg

When I first saw Kaetlyn Osmond at Skate Canada, I thought “She reminds me of somebody, but I can’t think who…” So, when TartanSk8ter01 suggested that Kaetlyn looks like “Kylie” from Corrie, my first thought was “Nah, I don’t think it was her”. Like, I have fancied Paula Lane (who plays “Kylie Turner”) ever since I first saw her in “Heartbeat” (PLEASE, ITV, bring back “Heartbeat”!!! And while you’re at it, bring back “The Bill”!!!) And, I didn’t think that she looked like Kaetlyn.

But, since reading that comment, I have been looking at Paula more carefully whenever “Kylie” has been on Corrie. And at Kaetlyn when she was competing in the Four Continents. And I can now safely say that I am blind! They are the absolute image of each other!!!

Mind you, I think Kaetlyn is more like Paula in real life than when she is playing her Corrie character “Kylie”. For those who don’t get to see Corrie, when she arrived “Kylie” had a very “chavvy” style. Thankfully, the producers have made her more stylish since then! More like Paula is in real life! ;)

As we are comparing her to a skater, I thought it would be a good idea to post a photo of Paula when she is all dressed up. So, here she is at the TV Choice Awards a few months ago:

http://img001.lazygirls.info/people..._awards_10th_september_2012_TikIgi2.sized.jpg

Still can’t believe that I didn’t make the connection earlier…

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am not knockin' physical beauty....but in all truth I have no idea what it is or why we think one person is better than another. Is it nature or nurture? In some African countries, women with saucers imbedded in their lips are thought beautiful. In some micro cultures in the US, tatoos on women are thought beautiful. To Paraphrase Robert Pirsig, Beauty is just what you like. So if I was raised in a middle class 1950s White America, we can understand why I think Gracie Gold is beautiful, but I also like Miki Ando and Yu-Na. Go figure. It is also interesting to hear what I assume is mostly women talk about female beauty. Men hardly ever would comment on male handsomeness. Indeed, men who I think my friends who happen to be female might like, they more often turn up their noses at. I am no judge at all of who is handsome....except I think I look just like Brad Pitt, right louisa05? :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jbULFL4uM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
It's an interesting question, Chris, and you're right: women think about female beauty (and gorgeous guys, too, of course), whereas straight men don't make lists of the handsomest guys. I don't know what the reasons are for everyone else, but I know that I've always loved faces. I draw mostly people, my favorite artists are principally portraitists (Thomas Eakins, John Singer Sargent, Rembrandt, Gainsborough, El Greco), and I collect dolls. I love Greek statues.

As for what makes people beautiful, of course you're right about things like tattoos and discs in the lower lip being prized by some cultures (and not by thee or me!). But I think that every culture admires harmonious, symmetrical features; and a nice smile makes someone from almost any culture appealing to people from every culture. We're lucky nowadays that, thanks to mass media, we've all had a chance to become acquainted with all the world's kinds of beauty. I'm only sorry that Rembrandt, Sargent, and Eakins didn't get a chance to make portraits of people who looked like Shizuka, YuNa, or Angelika Krilova.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although a lot of the older girls competing at Junior Worlds were very attractive, I will restrict myself to just one comment:

How cute is Hayleigh Bell???!!!

In a few years time, she is going to be a real beauty. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to let Olympia and Chris know that I have risen to their challenge, and made a list of handsome male skaters.

Check it out here

CaroLiza_fan

I have another theory about why so many skaters are considered beautiful. We get to know them. When you enjoy watching someone skate time after time, you see something beautiful created by that person. I've warmed to skaters who were not beauty queens, but after watching them for a few years, I couldn't tell the difference between them and the glamor girls. Anyway, pretty much everyone who's young and healthy and graceful and smiles is attractive.

senatormls

On the Ice
Kiira Korpi... she should go into modeling after figure skating. A good second place is Meryl White.. great hair and skin, almost alabaster. And both are stunning on the ice as skaters!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
If I may put in a good word for Katia Gordeyeva, beautiful at each stage of life.

Also Mao Asada, Alissa Czisny, Amanda Evora, Surya Bonaly (one of skating's great smiles) and Michelle Kwan.

(I know we're talking nowadays, but Gordeyeva still skates, and Kwan is not exactly hiding away out of sight. So there.)

If we look at our lists, it's marvelous to realize how diverse-looking these ladies are. There isn't one type. Nothing against Miss America, but half the time I can't tell the contestants apart. There's no mistaking one skater for another, and yet all of them that we've mentioned (and many that we haven't so far) are gorgeous.

I'm not sure I would call Meryl Davis a Disney princess. I understand the thought, because there's something magical about the way she looks, but I think her face is far more intriguing than any animated character could ever be. I often put her at the top of my list, because she's so unique and magnetic. The best way I can express it is that I could have imagined a face like Kiira Korpi's without ever having seen her, because she has that ideal, classically proportioned, cool blonde beauty, like Grace Kelly. But I could never have imagined Meryl Davis's face for myself. The combination of features, with those wide-apart eyes and angular bones, is delightfully unexpected.

Katya absolutely! In terms of Meryl, I thought of Merle Oberon, a famous Hollywood actress from the 40's. No Disney here; to me she is an exotic ballerina.

I know Merle Oberon. That's an interesting connection to make. She was in one of my favorite movies, The Scarlet Pimpernel. I like your thought about Meryl being an exotic ballerina. Now that you mention it, she reminds me quite a bit of Cynthia Gregory, a major ballerina from the seventies.

hurrah

Medalist
I definitely find Katia Gordeeva beautiful.
And Tanith Belbin is beautiful.

Those two, for me, embody ideal feminine beauty, but I also find Mao Asada to be incomparably beautiful in a universal, transcendental kind of way.

Many fans have remarked upon her remarkable facial similarity to Bodhisattva statues:

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bodhisattvas

I also find that she looks very similar to Mona Lisa:

Mona Lisa: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mona_Lisa_headcrop.jpg
Mao: http://tokitama.tumblr.com/post/30577814171/cm-mantanweb

I agree about Mao. I think this is partly due to her expressiveness. She has such a mobile face. Very interesting about the Bodhisattva statues.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I wasn't sure before but after watching Worlds I must say Monika Simancikova has become very beautiful, she has strong features but she's finally grown into them and has a striking look to her that's very alluring.

Kaetlyn Osmond is also really pretty I think (I know some people aren't fans of her body type, but I think the costumes are just not the best fit, she looks stunning in practice outfits and fit, trim, muscular...not heavy at all), her eyes especially are very sparkly and draw you in.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Elena Ilynikh - classic Russian beauty with stunning features (dont really see why she is dating Morosov :S)
Victoria Sinitsina - very beautiful with a down-to-earth personality
Kiira Korpi - she is a mix of Grace Kelly and Charlize Theron
Zijun Li - she is soooooo adorable
Vanessa James - wonderful figure and very pretty

Honorable Mention:
Alena Leonova has the most beautiful eyes!!

Gracie Gold is very lovely. I especially love the way she wears her hair, that tucked-in braid. It looks almost like embroidery.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
After seeing many of them again close up at nats and worlds from the first row during practice, and looking at my pics, yes, Gracie is gorgeous, but then so are many of the others....and there is an interesting effect. I always thought Agnes Z. very appealing on TV and out there on the ice but you cant appreciate her beauty from a photo. You have to see her in real life close up...here she is with me at Omaha. I dont know if its their facial expressions or what but it is an interesting phenomena...Agnes is definately wonderful looking in person.
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Omaha2013/agnes_zpsc01015a1.jpg
Gracie Gold is very lovely. I especially love the way she wears her hair, that tucked-in braid. It looks almost like embroidery.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I have always thought Agnes was very pretty, don't know why other people think otherwise. Her features are a bit strong, so a few years ago they maybe overpowered her a bit, and I also thought in her earlier teenage years she was a little too angular in build, with those skinny arms and big pointy elbows, but as she's grown up she's grown into her features and now has a striking figure and she is even more beautiful.