2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

Oreo

On the Ice
I agree with everybody's comments that Mirai hasn't been connecting as much with the audience as she used to. It's like she's thinking too much. And also, she doesn't finish off her movements completely. As an example, she'll do a bit of an Ina Bauer, but doesn't hold it out.

wallylutz

Medalist
Wow. They're really going the route of non-inflation in this Nationals (low-balling, even). It's kind of like Korean Nationals when the judges gave Yuna a 64 (then again, she had some pretty major mistakes).

Glad for Ashley though!

Not quite, if I recall correctly, Yu Na had a nasty fall, then popped her 3Lz into a single at her Nationals SP and still got a 64, pretty much what Mirai got now for skating clean.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FYI Ashley got 35.02 at GPF vs 34.74 here. I think she lost a level on that final spin.

And 31.94 PCS at GPF vs 32.83 just now.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I agree with everybody's comments that Mirai hasn't been connecting as much with the audience as she used to. It's like she's thinking too much. And also, she doesn't finish off her movements completely. As an example, she'll do a bit of an Ina Bauer, but doesn't hold it out.

Well, I do agree somewhat, but compared to how Mirai was sleepwalking through Spartacus last season, this is an improvement.

Maybe Mirai going first held the scores down. Nobody beat her until Ashley, so that kind of put a cap on the marks.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Maybe Mirai going first held the scores down. Nobody beat her until Ashley, so that kind of put a cap on the marks.

She went second :) But I agree that, without anyone to compare her to, the judges gave her high marks and then judged harsher.

willdu

On the Ice
Not quite, if I recall correctly, Yu Na had a nasty fall, then popped her 3Lz into a single at her Nationals SP and still got a 64, pretty much what Mirai got now for skating clean.

I heard they have a bonus 20 point buffer for OGMs. It's an unknown PCS bonus. To be fair she did come back with a 3F+3T

aftertherain

Record Breaker

You didn't read the rest of the sentence, silly!