2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

vera01

Final Flight
Well, yes. Maybe not with silver or gold, and she'll be on the podium if she skates clean without any mistakes. Oh, and others, like Agnes and Christina, would have to have a FS with a mistake or two. Otherwise, Gracie won't be on the podium.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I heard they have a bonus 20 point buffer for OGMs. It's an unknown PCS bonus. To be fair she did come back with a 3F+3T

I don't know anything about this OGM bonus, but would be nice if it is true. Not only did she come back with an unplanned 3F 3T, it was out of a step sequence, so how can that be not impressive at her age? She's not 16 anymore, and been away for almost 20 months.

Oreo

On the Ice
Interesting tweets with Phil Hersh: Mirai's score was generous. He doesn't understand Caroline's low score. Ashley polished but not brilliant. Agnes: RIDICULOUS

Oh, and further down he says Michelle and Clay went to Switzerland for their honeymoon; Michelle sent her sister a video of Clay trying to skate.

Icey

Record Breaker
Ashley needs to add a 3/3 soon or she is going to get left behind internationally in the proverbial dust.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mirai just doesn't connect with the audience like she used to. She always seems to be thinking and not just skating with freedom. It looks like work with her.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Mirai should try a new choreographer, why not take the choreographer of Kaetlyn Osmond for her, I think it will really suit Mirai since Osmond have the joy of skating like Mirai has in the past :)

lilshorty

On the Ice
Ladies' short program standings

1. Ashley Wagner - 67.57
2. Agnes Zawadzki - 65.31
3. Mirai Nagasu - 64.39
4. Courtney Hicks - 59.72
5. Christina Gao - 58.74
6. Yasmin Siraj - 57.88
7. Samantha Cesario - 55.74
8. Hannah Miller - 54.47
9. Gracie Gold - 54.08
10. Angela Wang - 52.06
11. Ashley Cain - 50.83
12. Caroline Zhang - 49.99
13. Kiri Baga - 46.66
14. Joelle Forte - 45.82
15. Haley Dunne - 44.96
16. Amanda Hofmann - 42.25
17. Becky Bereswill - 38.46
18. Morgan Bell - 37.78
19. Sophia Adams - 37.54
20. Laney Diggs - 28.57

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Can't wait to see Ashley's SP. I can't believe someone who fell is ahead of someone who was clean. Good ol' figure skating judges.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Well, yes. Maybe not with silver or gold, and she'll be on the podium if she skates clean without any mistakes. Oh, and others, like Agnes and Christina, would have to have a FS with a mistake or two. Otherwise, Gracie won't be on the podium.

I'd love to see Agnes and Christina turn out clean FS's, too. If neither Mirai nor Ashley melt down on Saturday, they'll probably be the Worlds team. A clean Gracie might still be sent to 4CC.

Ugh, decisions.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Mirai has better PCS than Agnes. What a crock of ****&&@#%!!!

No... Agnes' PCs are MUCH better than Mirai(especially Skating Skills). Zawadzki's program is also more original and unique. I like the song, the choreo and the transitions.

The only PC item that Mirai should have gotten a higher score than Agnes is Performance/Execution.

figuristka

Medalist
Shame i could not watch but looking forward to videos. I will get the free on tv though. Iam surprised Gracie Gold is so low. I wonder did Mirai under rotate a jump?

James R

Match Penalty
Can't wait to see Ashley's SP. I can't belive someone who fell is ahead of someone who was clean. Good ol' figure skating judges.

Have you watched skating in the past 10 years? Falls are only -1 with some -GOE which can be fudged. Falls don't matter nearly as much as they should. It's all about base element values, UR and also favoritism.

Reginald

Match Penalty
I'll want to see the protocols. Agnes' levels must have been insane. Here we go with COP again. I get that the system has a very specific way of working but how can you put Agnes with a fall ahead of a clean Mirai?

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this judging is bunk.

Last edited:

willdu

On the Ice
Someone want to rescore the night for fun out of 6.0? It would drastically change standings.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What??? Why? That was a total gift for Agnes. Looks like USFS doesn't want Mirai on the team. Didn't Mirai win two medals on GP and Agnes one?

Agnes performs the more difficult 3Lutz compared to Mirai's 3loop. Plus, Nagasu got a level 2 on a spin combination while all of Zawadzki's non-jump elements were Levels 3 and 4.