2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Anyone knows Gracie's PCS? Just curious.

vera01

Final Flight
Well, this pretty much kills her chances at Worlds or even 4CC, unless USFSA wants to be very generous.

You're right. I really wanted to see Gracie at 4CC and Worlds... Maybe if she does better at FS tomorrow she'll go to 4CC but Worlds? Probably not:(

MarkusNJ

Rinkside
was I the only one who is not surprised by Caroline's placement? I thought she was super slow, her footwork looked easy, and I thought all the jumps were UR. Very pretty music though....

Poor Gracie....but perhaps not the year to have her on a World Team when we need to get 3 spots back...and she has some nerve issues.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's not extremly inflated.

She scored 52.19 at Skate Canada, where she also fell on the 3F-3T. She scored 25.66 in PCS there vs 26.34 here.
TES: 27.53 in SC vs. 28.74 here.

James R

Match Penalty
I didn't think that US Nationals had anonymous judging. Can someone clarify?

So then we know who to blame for judging improprieties? In any case, it's anonymous on the international scene isn't it? And either way without an oversight committee to step in and say "we've determined these judges are judging unfairly, they are now removed from judging" does it even matter? But now I think we're OT for the thread.

Back on topic: first time I've seen Gracie. I expected more based on everything I've heard. I'm sure she's usually a good jumper, and her movements seemed fluid and choreography on-target, but in terms of "wow factor" I haven't seen it yet.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Well, this pretty much kills her chances at Worlds or even 4CC, unless USFSA wants to be very generous.

Mirai skated very well, and Gao and Zawadski are yet to come. Plus they are also banking on the favorite, Ashley. Gracie still has time. Would do no good to put Gracie on the Worlds team until she works out the kinks with her nerves. She should use the time to work on her presentation skills. This doesn't keep Gracie out of the running forever. And, I'm sure judges will be generous should Gracie perform better in the fp.

ForeverFish

Medalist
You're right. I really wanted to see Gracie at 4CC and Worlds... Maybe if she does better at FS tomorrow she'll go to 4CC but Worlds? Probably not:(

She's capable of skating a near-perfect FS, but it just depends on whether or not she can pull it out on Saturday. If so, she can climb up past Miller, easily.

louisa05

Final Flight
Poor Gracie....but perhaps not the year to have her on a World Team when we need to get 3 spots back...and she has some nerve issues.

I guess I'm not surprised. There has been so much hype around her. That creates extra pressure.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Ladies' short program (standings so far)

1. Mirai Nagasu - 64.39
2. Courtney Hicks - 59.72
3. Yasmin Siraj - 57.88
4. Samantha Cesario - 55.74
5. Hannah Miller - 54.47
6. Gracie Gold - 54.08
7. Angela Wang - 52.06
8. Caroline Zhang - 49.99
9. Kiri Baga - 46.66
10. Joelle Forte - 45.82
11. Haley Dunne - 44.96
12. Amanda Hofmann - 42.25
13. Becky Bereswill - 38.46
14. Laney Diggs - 28.57

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie is handling pressure like Mirai and Alissa have. She needs to fix that somehow.