2013 Europeans Short Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Short Dance

glam

On the Ice
Anna and Luca should have been a lot closer to B/S. I hate that in every competition there is this weird judging. The gap is so big, they won't win anymore. I would be more worried if they even get bronze.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
As for B/S levels being upgraded, if you'd read attentively you might have realised that katia meant that they were initially called level 3, and then reviewed and upgraded
Give me the source other than katia to prove this theory if you please.
But you didn'y say that the russians were better in your opinion. I like Elena and Nikita but their programs are awful and the other russian team it's nice but just nice, nothing special and had some wobbles here an there, they didn't skate with ease, he seemed stressed and she did a a very strange twizzles while the italians had very powerful and quick twizzles. I prefer Ekaterina an Ilia to the other 2 russian teams.
Dear, when I write "I saw.." or "I don't see..." it means exactly "in my opinion". So leave it. The best twizzles of the night belonged to I/K and got scored accordingly. B/S twizzles got leveled-down exactly thanks to the mistake you described. C/L lost both patterns in TES to B/S who is the best technical ice dancers for now in Europe. All fair and square. As for R/T, they had the highest BV of the night with C/L having the same BV as the guys on place #9. So, C/L should considered themselves lucky that they got higher PCS than R/T and therefore ended up on 3rd.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I didn't watch the Russians, but I just watched Anna and Luca: they didn't give their very best, I think (especially the last lift), but I think that the difference in the PCS between them and I/K is too high, especially about CH and IN, I really don't understand why this program (Anna and Luca's, I mean) keeps being underscored, at the GPF they had lower PCS than I/K, too, in the SD, when I think that their program is actually much better in the choreography and and in the interpretation... And I don't understand those +1 in the twizzles: they were just perfect! I expected +2 and +3 from all the judges!! :bang:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Give me the source other than katia to prove this theory if you please.
The official commentators can see on a screen the levels that technical panel gives live (at least, in Italy!), so they can see what they initially give, and then what they change, and the marks that are being given by the judges when they are giving them, like if they were "inside" the panel of judges, so I think that katia heard it by the commentators of her/his own tv...

Mirunna

Record Breaker
As for PCS "way higher" I assume it's a one more joke. Way higer is like what? 10 a la Voir all over the board? C/L skated quite slowly, like 15 minutes or somesuch. Her back is wooden and legs are all hop-hop/skip-skip. The concept of the dance is quite silly but I admit they do their best to look just funny. Where are the overpraised Shpil's edges? I saw mini-skiing on the ice instead.
Russians skated better compared to their earlier selves but still wasn't perfect. When they are, the gap between them and Italians will be way bigger, simply because Italians can't skate better. Both Russian teams are so close to each other that it was rather difficult to predict the result. The protocols are up and you can observe the details. I/K SD I see like one whole unit, while B/S is more like two dances in the similar genre skating one after another. B/S was magic and fairy, like crystal dances from the music box. I/K was original charismatic, super fast and full of life. I don't see where C/L can be even near it. Enjoy youtube when vids are up.

First of all, I saw live on tv all the skaters before I expressed my opinions. Secondly, I've said earlier that C/L should have higher PCS at least on Ch, Tr ad Pe. I/K have way better skating skills than the rest - true. They earned the highest SS of the night and that is fair. But the rest is subpar. They have 2 or 3 stops in the program with lots of posing and silly arm movements, go to one element to another with little transitions. Of course it looks better when they go with that kind of speed but speed is not everything. Btw, I think I/K are so talented it's not even funny but the material they got this season is simply bad and quite empty if you take out the elements: only stops and posing. B/S were lovely but not better than the Italiens as an artistic impression IMO. They were tense in the first half(I even thought he was goind to throw up at some point) while C/L were more relaxed and program built nicely towards the end.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 69.42 Short Dance
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 68.98 Short Dance
3. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 66.53 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 64.52 Short Dance
5. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 60.93 Short Dance
6. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 60.59 Short Dance
7. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 60.08 Short Dance
8. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 57.63 Short Dance
9. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 56.54 Short Dance
10. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 55.85 Short Dance
11. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 53.58 Short Dance
12. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 50.79 Short Dance
13. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 50.52 Short Dance
14. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 50.51 Short Dance
15. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 49.32 Short Dance
16. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 48.48 Short Dance
17. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROOST (SUI) - 45.09 Short Dance
18. Angelina TELEGINA & Otar JAPARIDZE (GEO) - 44.94 Short Dance
19. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 44.83 Short Dance
20. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 44.29 Short Dance
21. Alexandra ZVORIGINA & Maciej BERNADOWSKI (POL) - 44.25 Short Dance
22. Charlotte AIKEN & Josh WHIDBORNE (GBR) - 41.83 Short Dance
23. Kira GEIL & Tobias EISENBAUER (AUT) - 40.88 Short Dance
24. Lesia VOLODENKOVA & Vitali VAKUNOV (BLR) - 36.60 Short Dance
25. Sarah COWARD & Georgi KENCHADZE (BUL) - 34.16 Short Dance
WD Allison REED & Vasili ROGOV (ISR)

Videos By Warm-Up Group: Group 2, Group 3, Group 4, Group 5, Group 6

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
silly arm movements
Oh my god.... What you call here "silly arm movements" are traditional dance features of Andijan which polka I/K presented. With the same success you can call Hopak's squat silly, and I am sure there are people who actually do that. I am very glad that judes were more open-minded and free from any chauvinistic drivel.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The official commentators can see on a screen the levels that technical panel gives live (at least, in Italy!), so they can see what they initially give, and then what they change, and the marks that are being given by the judges when they are giving them, like if they were "inside" the panel of judges, so I think that katia heard it by the commentators of her/his own tv...
Judges do it quite often and there is nothing unusal in it. In any case the said poster didn't explain why she thinks B/S shouldn't get level 4 for the patterns and C/L shouldn't get level 3.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I/K program is too showy and too Morosov, I didnt like it but I guess I can get why judges do. C/L have very nice program and won me over, the audience booed the result, but I dont know much about ice dance. The best of the last groups were the team from GB for me.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
1. Bobrova/Soloviev were TERRIFIC. They are undeniable contenders for the bronze in London and will deserve it if they skate like this. Every team under Kustarova needs to look at this team's astonishing improvement and flee.

2. Sorry guys, I don't like the program, but I think Ilynikh/Katsalpov's score is fair. Great attack, glorious edgework (they beat B/S here and deserved to), strong performance. They're beginning to look more and more like a dance team.

3. Sorry guys, again, because I think C/L deserved third. But it's a strong third.

tulosai

Record Breaker
1. Bobrova/Soloviev were TERRIFIC. They are undeniable contenders for the bronze in London and will deserve it if they skate like this. Every team under Kustarova needs to look at this team's astonishing improvement and flee.

2. Sorry guys, I don't like the program, but I think Ilynikh/Katsalpov's score is fair. Great attack, glorious edgework (they beat B/S here and deserved to), strong performance. They're beginning to look more and more like a dance team.

3. Sorry guys, again, because I think C/L deserved third. But it's a strong third.

Having watched all the programs, I solidly agree with all of this. C/L have my heart (though B/S are slowly winning me over to the point where I think soon I'll have to call myself a fan) and I really dislike I/K but I think the placements here are right.

B/S have really impressed me this season. I love to watch them now.

katia

On the Ice
for R/T, they had the highest BV of the night with C/L having the same BV as the guys on place #9. So, C/L should considered themselves lucky that they got higher PCS than R/T and therefore ended up on 3rd.

YUP As usual, "in your opinion" I/K, R/T and B/S were fabulous, all others "should consider themselves lucky" to be able to end in their position. LOL.

Possum Glider

Rinkside
Well I guess the TES scores here highlight the joke of the World Campionship Qualification mark!

Only the 10 couples achieved the mark- can we therefore conclude that the couples who have already achieved the score are in places up to 5 marks technically worse then when they achieved the mark.:scratch:

gioccia

On the Ice
As far as I'm concerned the placement is fair, maybe the gap is wrong, it could have been closer.
1) BS a little tense but obviously better than the rest, the SP is my favourite this season, as well as the FD.
2) IK were very strong and fast, the twizzles started at one end of the ice rink and finished at the other. No other pair can do that! I think they lack maturity in comparison with CL but they're teens. W'hat's for the program, it's good, nou most importantly unusual.
3) CL were very mediocre, I listened to the Rai Sport comments, but come on, they're Italians, of course they're thrilled and think of it as the best of the night. They were clean and that's it, no speed, no passion, a very mediocre program. Their last year programs were a WOW! It's not that I dislike them, these programs don't suit them, they lack creativity.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
YUP As usual, "in your opinion" I/K, R/T and B/S were fabulous, all others "should consider themselves lucky" to be able to end in their position. LOL.
Are you saying I have been posting under multiple acounts on this thread? Lol indeed. No, dear. They were people who expressed their opinion which was in the same tune as mine. Nothing more.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't recall seeing any member login names on the skating roster. Discuss the skating, not each other.

Macassar88

Medalist
I personally thought that BS deserved their score and am sad that they messed up the twizzles because that would have brought them above 70 points. Best of luck to them in the FD!