2013 Europeans Pairs - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Pairs - Short Program

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Man I hate V/T's music, it's terrible. 3Lz huge, 3S good he hangs on but it's not a big mistake, throw looked fine. Expect something over 76

tulosai

Record Breaker
Man I hate V/T's music, it's terrible. 3Lz huge, 3S good he hangs on but it's not a big mistake, throw looked fine. Expect something over 76

I'm thinking 78.

I'm coming to actively dislike them. However, I will say I think they are now selling the program for its comedy value i.e. it is over the top ridiculous on purpose.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Love Theme from "The Godfather" by Nino Rota

3FTw - high
3S - ok, he hangs on slightly
3LoTh - very nice
BoDs - bit slow at the end
Li
StSq
FCCoSp

Strong skate. I think this will beat the germans

Score: 37.60 + 35.63 = 73.23 and into 1st

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Dislike the program, the butchering of what's normally great music, dislike the sleazy feel but it was pretty well skated and will rightfully take first. Oh, still hate his Hitler mustache.

ETA: score 73.+ not as high as I expected. S/S still within striking distance.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I have huge respect for him and how he pulled himself together after what happened to him. But I am annoyed to see S/S getting dumped like that

More than a point ahead of S/S on PCS. And this gap will slowly get bigger I am afraid

tulosai

Record Breaker
I have huge respect for him and how he pulled himself together after what happened to him. But I am annoyed to see S/S getting dumped like that

Oh yeah, he hung onto that jump incredibly, Stayed strong on the edge and really held on. But come on.

tulosai

Record Breaker
OK, score more reasonable than I thought. I do think they are the rightful leaders.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
S/K blow their world chance I am afraid. They could have taken advantage of K/S meltdown

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS)

Music: Interview with the Vampire (soundtrack) by Elliot Goldenthal

3FTw - low (almost sideway) catch on shoulder
3FTh - stepout
StSq
Li
3T - he falls
BoDs
FCCoSp - good unison

Too bad about the twist and fall

Score: 26.54 + 28.16 - 1.00 = 53.70, and into 7th

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
S/S were typical, not impressed

but huge respect for Tanya and especially Max skating with your dead passing away
Im sure have done your father proud

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Klimova/Stolbov program felt a bit flat. Also looked slow and tentative, at least the parts I saw between feed freezes. Then there's the mistakes. I like the music but the choreography feels like a missed opportunity.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

Music: Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones

3T
3FTw - ok, bit low
3LoTh
Li
StSq
BoDs
FCCoSp

Nice skate! They should go in 3rd

Score: 34.77 + 29.51 = 64.28 (PB) and into 3rd ! They are ecstatic!

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Rightfully in third place though I have to say for me this last one was the most enjoyable performance! I would love to see them taking a medal tomorrow

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yeah for Stefania and Ondrej, they really deserve a good placement here, they are hard workers and have improved so much during the last couple of years (they are now receiving +2 in the triple twist that they weren't even able to attempt in their programs two seasons ago and last year they were constantly receiving level 1 in their BoDs that today has been a level 3 with +1 GOE!) :clap:
I have to say that I completely disagree with V/T's score: some judges gave +2 to their 3S when he was evidently losing his balance in the landing and they're still receiving 9.50-9.75 in the PCS! :disapp:
I don't like S/S's SP this year, it doesn't work at all for me, but I'm happy that they skated clean and I hope that they will receive higher PCS tomorrow...