2013 Europeans Men - Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Men - Short Program

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Now I wonder what his score will be... Will they give him 9s with a fall and a mistake in the lutz that should receive -3 because there weren't steps before it?

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, dear...

ETA That was almost scary - seeing him making those kinds of mistakes just looks... unnatural.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Viktor PFEIFER (AUT)

Music: Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven

3S+3T
CCSp
StSq
3Lz - 'tano, hydroblading endtrance
2A
FSSp
CCoSp

Score: 35.02 + 32.32 = 67.34 (PB), and into 2nd (out of 18)

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Good skate from Pfeifer. I just got up and I missed Plushenko, but saw him in the K&C. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up after the final two groups.

Kinga

Medalist
Beautiful program from Viktor!! Sublime! (I liked it much better than Plushy's). Such a pity he doesnt have the 3A... Or does he?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Hmm, he got a low score:(

He got big PCS. His first Lutz was supposed to be a combo but it didn't happen and since there were no steps before he probably got -GOE on the 3Lz. 3A was a fall. His spins aren't the best by far. He did a very good 3Loop-3T though and good steps but 2 of his 3 jumping passes received -GOE. And there was no quad. The score is accurate IMO. I was expecting worse, like close to 80 which would have been unfair. You could argue his PCS are too high but oh well...I am a huge fan. A sad day for figure skating when the King of quads doesn't do quads and falls on a 3A. Now it's Fernandez title to give away. Plushy might come back strong in the LP

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Would have been lower if he wasn't Plushenko.
No, I don't think so: it's maybe the first time in the last couple of years that the judges don't give him stupid PCS, I think that if Fernandez or Amodio skated like this they would receive almost the same score...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For me, the laughing and the smiling, the little flick of the head in the footwork - that was enough. He was enjoying himself, for at least part of it.

But his face in the kiss and cry told the story. He can't go on like this. He can't go on being Russia's only hope. Something has to give.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
For me, the laughing and the smiling, the little flick of the head in the footwork - that was enough. He was enjoying himself, for at least part of it.

But his face in the kiss and cry told the story. He can't go on like this. He can't go on being Russia's only hope. Something has to give.

Yeah, he seemed angry when he left the K&C. If he skates like that all the time I'm not sure how much of a hope he is for Russia actually.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yeah, he seemed angry when he left the K&C. If he skates like that all the time I'm not sure how much of a hope he is for Russia actually.

He doesn't skate like that all the time. He went clean at RN for instance, quad included.(in the SP). This is the first time I see him fall in ages! But he is clearly not in his best shape and I wonder if he will ever be :disapp:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Not Plushy's best skate, suprised to see a fall from him but givien his history with injuries I should not be suprised.

Viktor was great!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Who else is there? Kovtun is young and inexperienced, he's never been tested at the top level. Menshov is old like Plushy and being robbed by his federation. Voronov already proved at Worlds last year that he's not good on the big stage. Gachinski is loaded down with physical and emotional problems. Plushy is the only one who is reliable and steadfast and strong.

Just one more year, Plushbody. One more year. Let him have the send off he deserves.