2013 Europeans Men - Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Men - Short Program

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushenko is hold with string a tape anyway, it's not like its newly injured, it is his back, nevertheless it's sad cause he had a good training this morning, but he didn't even try quad in the do which seems sth is wrong since nationals.

wallylutz

Medalist
Plushenko is hold with string a tape anyway, it's not like its newly injured, it is his back, nevertheless it's sad cause he had a good training this morning, but he didn't even try quad in the do which seems sth is wrong since nationals.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Plushenko has the habit of practicing quad during official practices in competition. So it's quite normal that he didn't do them in practice but that doesn't mean he won't do them in competition.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks to the delights of Google translate:

"We have decided to withdraw from the European Championship - said Evgeny Plushenko. - The reason - all the same injury, for which I was unable to properly prepare for the tournament. And now rolling short program showed, unfortunately, with existing health problems, I can not normally ride in the first place - a qualitatively perform jumps. Now - to the doctor for a checkup. I think I will go to Germany. We are now just discussing this issue. Thanks to everyone who supports me, who for me is going through. See you later! "

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/8121.html

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Amodio, Javier and Brian, I am doing my happy dance! Amodio rocked his SP.

Thrilled for Brian!:love: I agree with the placements for the top 6.

Did Plushy withdraw?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Plushenko has the habit of practicing quad during official practices in competition. So it's quite normal that he didn't do them in practice but that doesn't mean he won't do them in competition.
He did a quad in practice, he didn't try one in the sp I said. Plushenko is training quads in practice, he doesn't do the run through usually

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 89.82 Short Program
2. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 88.80 Short Program
3. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 83.93 Short Program
4. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 79.84
5. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 78.38
6. Evgeni PLUSHENKO (RUS) - 74.82 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 74.46 Short Program
8. Alexander MAJOROV (SWE) - 74.29 Short Program
9. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 68.99
10. Viktor PFEIFER (AUT) - 67.34 Short Program
11. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 66.93
12. Kim LUCINE (MON) - 63.27 Short Program
13. Viktor ROMANENKOV (EST) - 59.66 Short Program, 2nd Copy
14. Pavel IGNATENKO (BLR) - 58.38 Short Program
15. Yakov GODOROZHA (UKR) - 57.44 Short Program
16. Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU) - 57.44
17. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 56.67
18. Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR) 56.42 Short Program
19. Javier RAYA (ESP) - 54.21 Short Program
20. Pavel KASKA (CZE) - 53.76 Short Program
21. Manol ATANASSOV (BUL) - 53.58 Short Program
22. Justus STRID (DEN) - 53.14 Short Program
23. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 52.84 Short Program
24. Stephane WALKER (SUI) - 50.93 Short Program
25. Paolo BACCHINI (ITA) - 50.68
26. Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN) - 48.41 Short Program
27. Harry MATTICK (GBR) - 48.08 Short Program
28. Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (LTU) - 43.85 Short Program
29. Ali DEMIRBOGA (TUR) - 43.47 Short Program
30. Paul Bonifacio PARKINSON (ITA) - 40.35 Short Program

Last edited:
Most of the skaters just now think better to use cop to Get the points from a quad and a 3t separately than together. And the top 2 did the 3/3 After the halfway point to get the bonus. Quad salchow people are more likely not to do 4/3 but you do see some solo 4t people as well. The Best use of cop in sp is being interpreted as solo quad by most.

Good point.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Good point.

But seeing a 4-3 combo is more exciting and I can only assume it's harder to do a 4-3 and a solo 3 jump than a 3-3 and a solo 4 jump. I know point wise it's better to have a solo 4T but I prefer to see a great 4-3 like Kovtun did today, it gives a bit more excitement to the program IMO

seniorita

Record Breaker
Fernadez was clearly the winner for me, Joubert got a huge cheering and I was thrilled to see him skate like this, I know Amodio landed all his jumps but I dislike so much this program, maybe because it is all oriented to the judges which were on the other side, plus the vocals. I didnt expect such marks for him. Majorov must have had the biggest improvement in Season Best I ve seen. And Voronov is really fighting for Worlds. Brezina program is not good, but huge jumps!

Pairs time!

ciocio

On the Ice
Hmm...I wonder what injury this is? Or perhaps the injury is more psychological more than anything else since he was landing his 3A in practice with no difficulty.

Plushenko is not "injured", his back is a complete mess, he didn't recover after the surgeries he had. He pushed himself too much to get in shape for competitions and he didn't respect doctor's advise.:disapp:

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Plushenko is not "injured", his back is a complete mess, he didn't recover after the surgeries he had. He pushed himself too much to get in shape for competitions and he didn't respect doctor's advise.:disapp:

That's what he gets for not listening to his wife and his mother.

But seeing a 4-3 combo is more exciting and I can only assume it's harder to do a 4-3 and a solo 3 jump than a 3-3 and a solo 4 jump. I know point wise it's better to have a solo 4T but I prefer to see a great 4-3 like Kovtun did today, it gives a bit more excitement to the program IMO

I completely agree. I think gmyers' point was that the CoP discourages skaters from trying the hardest combos and jumps, and deserves to be criticized for that feature.

LRK

Record Breaker
I completely agree. I think gmyers' point was that the CoP discourages skaters from trying the hardest combos and jumps, and deserves to be criticized for that feature.

Surely the value of a combination should not just be the jumps added, but also depend on the difficulty of the jumps in combination?

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Florent AMODIO (FRA) - 89.82 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) - 88.80 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 83.93 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Michal BREZINA (CZE) - 79.84 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) - 78.38 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Evgeni PLUSHENKO (RUS) - 74.82 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 74.46 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Alexander MAJOROV (SWE) - 74.29 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Tomas VERNER (CZE) - 68.99 Short Program
10. Viktor PFEIFER (AUT) - 67.34 Short Program
11. Chafik BESSEGHIER (FRA) - 66.93 Short Program
12. Kim LUCINE (MON) - 63.27 Short Program
13. Viktor ROMANENKOV (EST) - 59.66 Short Program, 2nd Copy
14. Pavel IGNATENKO (BLR) - 58.38 Short Program
15. Yakov GODOROZHA (UKR) - 57.44 Short Program
16. Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU) - 57.44 Short Program
17. Peter LIEBERS (GER) - 56.67 Short Program
18. Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR) 56.42 Short Program
19. Javier RAYA (ESP) - 54.21 Short Program
20. Pavel KASKA (CZE) - 53.76 Short Program
21. Manol ATANASSOV (BUL) - 53.58 Short Program
22. Justus STRID (DEN) - 53.14 Short Program
23. Maciej CIEPLUCHA (POL) - 52.84 Short Program
24. Stephane WALKER (SUI) - 50.93 Short Program
25. Paolo BACCHINI (ITA) - 50.68 Short Program
26. Valtter VIRTANEN (FIN) - 48.41 Short Program
27. Harry MATTICK (GBR) - 48.08 Short Program
28. Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (LTU) - 43.85 Short Program
29. Ali DEMIRBOGA (TUR) - 43.47 Short Program
30. Paul Bonifacio PARKINSON (ITA) - 40.35 Short Program

Last edited:

noidont

Final Flight
Even though I'm the only one, I have always loved that program of Amodio's, last year and this. I don't really know why people hate it. It has a style and quality no one else can do, and he is absolutely into it, nothing like Fernandez and Brezina's generic programs year after year. Brezina hardly had any choreography and still scored among the top on PCS. Lots of other skaters stop and sexy pose all the time and no one seems to mind...(cough plushy cough).
Very happy for Amodio and Joubert. Kovtun looked fluttered. Poor kid isn't ready. Voronov seems underscored?

luckyguy

Match Penalty

The problem is that the experts of the ISU think the content 4T+3T and 3 Lz is not more difficult than 4S and 3Lz+3T.

4T+3T and 3 Lz: 14,40 + 6 = 20,40
4S and 3Lz+3T: 10,50 + 10,10 = 20,60

I think it is a mistake in the regulations.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
OMG! I just saw the results, I couldn't see the competition. But I think I won't watch it a couple of days. :(( Plushy love you!