2013 Europeans Pairs LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Pairs LP

wallylutz

Medalist
That was a big score!

This is a major understatement, to put it politely. From Plush's solo Triple Lutz not preceding by connecting steps not getting deducted to this outrageous score for V/T in an error filled routine, the European Championship ought to consider a name change to "European National Championship".

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)

Music: Flamenco Bolero by Gustavo Montesano

3FTh - big!
3T+3T+SEQ
FiDs
FCCoSp - unison off
ChSq
3FTw - bit low catch
3S - she falls, he doubles
Li
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh - good

Solid skate, some big mistakes, so I don't think it is enough to get gold.

FS: 65.90 + 70.13 - 1.00 = 135.03 (SB)
Total: 205.24 (SB)
SILVER!

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I'd say this should lead if it wasn't for the fall, but now I'm not sure, especially taking into account the judges' love of V/T.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'd say this should lead if it wasn't for the fall, but now I'm not sure, especially taking into account the judges' love of V/T.

I agree if not for the fall it should lead. They also have to REALLY work on getting their side by side spins together. They are just awful this competition, and really stand out because they are so bad compared to the rest of their skating.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Would have been 136 with no deduction, I still think that was a bit of a lowball compared to V/T's score. Tatiana did put her hand down on one of her throws.

katia

On the Ice
I don't care that Russians are first. I prefer S/S program and I think they were better even with a fall.

paircheck

Final Flight

V/T were highly overscored
S/S ok... it was clear that they can t beat the russians at "the russian/european championships"

tulosai

Record Breaker
Would have been 136 with no deduction, I still think that was a bit of a lowball compared to V/T's score. Tatiana did put her hand down on one of her throws.

I need to see the protocol but S/S side-by-side spin was poor, did not deserve positive GOE. Could also have picked up a point if that was better, and if she hadn't fallen they'd probably have picked up another point separate from not getting the deduction.

However, there is no denying the judges have somehow fallen in love with V/T.

bsfan

On the Ice
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)

Music: Flamenco Bolero by Gustavo Montesano

3FTh - big!
3T+3T+SEQ
FiDs
FCCoSp - unison off
ChSq
3FTw - bit low catch
3S - she falls, he doubles
Li
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh - good

Solid skate, some big mistakes, so I don't think it is enough to get gold.

Just by looking at this description and comparing to the one of V/T, I don't think SS can get over VT, not matter who the judges are.

Icey

Record Breaker
and double footed one of the throws. OMG the costumes. Distracting. One of the few felt performances of the competition though.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I agree if not for the fall it should lead. They also have to REALLY work on getting their side by side spins together. They are just awful this competition, and really stand out because they are so bad compared to the rest of their skating.

Funny that S/S so often seem to have sync problems with their spins. I think I have watched them being out of sync more often than not.

It's extremely, extremely frustrating how Volosozhar/Trankov can skate an empty program where they mostly stroke from one element to another and not really pay much attention to the music and get 9s whilst Savchenko/Szolkowy show an extremely complex routine where pretty much everything is connected with transitions to get almost 2 points less on the PCS. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Why even bother?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It's extremely, extremely frustrating how Volosozhar/Trankov can skate an empty program where they mostly stroke from one element to another and not really pay much attention to the music and get 9s whilst Savchenko/Szolkowy show an extremely complex routine where pretty much everything is connected with transitions to get almost 2 points less on the PCS. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Why even bother?
I agree! I really liked S/S... But this is the first medal ever for Italy in Pairs!! :yay::clap::yes: