2013 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I saw D/S at Skate America, and as I commented previously, I was surprised at how slow they were. They are a team that definitely looks better on the screen.

They do have beautiful positions and line, but they need more than that to be competitive. tulosai, it iwasn't just a level 1 -- it was BASIC, the absolute lowest you can get. And they got it on TWO elements.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Simon and Marissa are my favorite pair right now. I saw them at an ice show one time a few years ago. They did a move that looked so dangerous that I thought Marissa would get her head crushed. But she was fine. :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just saw the programs.

Will say that though they are on the bottom half of the rankings (but not by much), I really enjoyed DeeDee Leng and Timothy LeDuc. I like their lines, attack, speed. I think they need more polish on the technical elements, but I think this team could be a force to be reckon with down the road.

Felicia Zhang/Nathan Bartholomay were quite lovely as well. Felicia has grown up to be such a beauty -- I remember when she won novice, she was such a tiny little thing. Great speed, footwork, ice coverage. Also another team to watch.

Marissa and Simon were great, as I expected. As always lots of attack, the height on that throw 3S is unreal.

With the exception of a few (John Baldwin's cursing not appealing at all), I though the pairs competition was great!

Last edited:

samson

Medalist
Pairs SP was really great! I SO hope they keep it up for the LP. Marissa and Simon really deserved that first place. I hope they keep pushing their technical envelope. If Donlan and Speroff had been clean of the sbs toes they'd be comfortably into second. They really need to improve the difficulty of their elements. Hopefully some of Marissa and Simon's speed will rub off on them! What is keeping those levels down?

Really enjoyed Leng and LeDuc. I HOPE we get to see more of them. Zhang and Bartholomay were nice. A little boring to me, but nice. S/K definitely benefitted from the magic of COP. Although their elements ARE particularly strong together and they look so wonderful as a team. Great lines and maturity.

I really hope we see all four of these teams, and Denny and Coughlin continue to grow well past 2014.

Tesla

Final Flight
With the exception of a few (John Baldwin's cursing not appealing at all), I though the pairs competition was great!

I think you mean Don Baldwin. :) No need to give people more fuel to dislike John (whom I like). ;)