2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program

figuristka

Medalist
Glad i got to see the ladies in this group. They may not all have the most difficult triples but the quality is higher than i expected. German girl was very strong. Danish girl it was so nice to see them so thrilled with the marks. Turkish girl had very nice presence on the ice. Nikol is such a beautiful skater, so light and airy. Shame about the doubling of the 3 flip.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
You do realize we are talking about a 16 year old who's been thrown in one of the biggest competition in the season for the first time in her life and who has almost 0 international experience, right? She made a mistake, not a meltdown, it does not look good for her in regards to worlds but not making the team won't be a tragedy. She rightfully won her place on the Euro team. One more thing: last year, Polina K got 49 for her SP and looked who things turned out at the end of the competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You do realize we are talking about a 16 year old who's been thrown in one of the biggest competition in the season for the first time in her life and who has almost 0 international experience, right? She made a mistake, not a meltdown, it does not look good for her in regards to worlds but not making the team won't be a tragedy. She rightfully won her place on the Euro team. One more thing: last year, Polina K got 49 for her SP and looked who things turned out at the end of the competition.

I have followed Gosvianai for many seasons now and trsut me she is a good sp skater but will not do well in FS
her Nationals was the exception, at Russian Cup series she lost many times to juniors I cannot even count lost to Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova etc.
I recall her not even making the podium at a Russian Cup series

noidont

Final Flight
PCS is so random and reputation based. I'm sure if Nikol, or the German girl for that matter skates in the last two groups they will get better PCS. The Helgesson sisters for example are going to get 27+ now that they are skating in the last group. I don't really think their basic skating skills or presentation are better than Gosviani.

figuristka

Medalist
Nikol is such a lovely skater, such nice quality. She reminds me of Elena ILINYKH in ice dance. Iam surprised though they didn't send Alena Leonova with her experience.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I have followed Gosvianai for many seasons now and trsut me she is a good sp skater but will not do well in FS
her Nationals was the exception, at Russian Cup series she lost many times to juniors I cannot even count lost to Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova etc.
I recall her not even making the podium at a Russian Cup series

You might be right. Then again she is too young to be called a headcase yet and from what we all saw from her since Russian nationals(basically when her name appeared internationally) she did pretty well. Was she that bad this season? I thought maybe the Russians sent her to Euros because she had at least some good national events.

gmyers

Record Breaker
There was a reason she had so little international experience as was listed previously. And she didn't get the worlds fs Tes minimum because she singled two jumps at the nestle cup. That was the norm for her and why she had so little international experience and why she was an alternate for Russian nationals. Maybe lightning will strike twice but it seems she is going back to her normal level of skating.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You might be right. Then again she is too young to be called a headcase yet and from what we all saw from her since Russian nationals(basically when her name appeared internationally) she did pretty well. Was she that bad this season? I thought maybe the Russians sent her to Euros because she had at least some good national events.

she was an alternate in JGP because her early season performance was bad
and like I said lost 12 year olds like Sakhanovich or Medvedeva,
if you perform bad Russian Cup Series they will pull you out at your JGP assignments and give it to someone else

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alina FJODOROVA (LAT)

Music: Inception (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

3F+2T
3S
2A
FCSp
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Solid, landed all her jumps! She looks happy

Score: 26.24 + 18.63 = 44.87 (PB), in 10th (out of 18)

she looks disappointed. Perhaps UR's or levels?

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP)

Music: Romeo and Juliet (musical soundtrack)

3F
3Lo+2T
FCSp
2A
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Solid skate, she looks relieved.

Score: 29.02 + 22.05 = 51.07 (PB), and into 2nd (out of 19)

She looks ecstatic. Did she not have TES for Worlds yet?

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Roberta RODEGHIERO (ITA)

Music: Angel and Devil by Maxime Rodriguez

3F+2T
3T - stepout
2A
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp
LSp - didn't get catchfoot

Score: 23.74 + 20.97 = 44.71 (PB), ind 12th (out of 20)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA)

Music: Tristan and Isolde by Maxime Rodriguez

3T+3T
3F
CCoSp
2A
FSSp - unusual jump entry
StSq
LSp

Very nice skate. Solid jumps

Score: 30.49 + 22.83 = 53.32 (PB), in 1st (out of 21)

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The French skaters are having an amazing time in Zagreb! It makes P/B's absence a bit more tolerable

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Juulia TURKKILA (FIN)

Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski

3T+3T - twofooted
3S
FCSp
2A
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Score: 28.90 + 22.57 = 51.47 (PB), in 3rd (out of 22)

Last edited: