2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ladies - Short Program

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Now best of luck to Liza! Go out there and show everyone that the russian wonderbabies are not just overrated! :rock:

galchonok1729

Rinkside
sky_fly

But you sounds really too strict. Actually she is growing and she is just a teenager. even if you do not believe in her you say that she Will fall 2 times. But why are you so sure? may be she will fall 3 or 4 times or will not..but from your side it sounds like a fact.

Go go Adelina!!!we believe in you!!!))

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)

Music: Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla

2Lz+3T
3Lo
LSp
FSSp
StSq
2A - 'tano, turn on landing
CCoSp

Two mistakes, so perhaps in 3rd for now...

Score: 29.47 + 27.71 = 57.18, in 3rd (out of 30)

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have given up on Sotnikova as she is too incosistent for me
until then she needs to prove she can be consistent, so far her achievemnts are a bit underwhelming

She's only 16 years old. Some skaters take time before they hit their stride. Just look at Kostner people gave up on her 3 years ago and now she's World Champion at 25.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Liza only 2Lz-3T(man she fought to add a 3T and it went well), 3Loop gorgeous, 2A tano style but a turn on the landing. Will be third, the question is by how much

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She's only 16 years old. Some skaters take time before they hit their stride. Just look at Kostner people gave up on her 3 years ago and now she's World Champion at 25.

thats what I saying. would people really want to wait for Sotnikova to turn 25 or 26 just to become a world champion ?
she is a Maria Butyrskaya copy

Kuan

Final Flight
:-/ I really love liza´s skating even with two mistakes but she looks kind of poor compared to Sotnikova. Same dress for 3 years, cheap looking tights und dirty shoes.

What little of the Sport 2 commentator that I can understand is just :rolleye:.

For example: The reason Sotnikova did not get PCS as high as Kostner is because she's 16 and judges do not give high PCS to 16-year old skaters.

I mean it had nothing to do with the fact that Kostner is a better skater and had a better program, OBVIOUSLY.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
thats what I saying. would people really want to wait for Sotnikova to turn 25 or 26 just to become a world champion ?

You missed the point. Nobody is saying Adelina will be champion at the age of 25. The point is you never know what will happen to her since she is so young. Maybe the score she got today will give her confidence for tomorrow and win the title. You never now at such a young age. Maybe her time is right now. But even if it's not, she has lots of time to get consistent. She's got talent in spades and she just saw that once she can keep it together the score she gets is big and one can never count her out.

Icey

Record Breaker
Carolina's costume was an unfortunate choice imo. Don't understand Liza being in third. Poor Elene. I so hoped she would get it together when she went to Orser.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
It's not about if other "people" want to wait. It's about what Adelina wants.

and she hasn't proven anything has she ?

I am skeptical about her scores and if she can hold it together, i
I used to be her biggest fan but not anymore

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Carolina's costume was an unfortunate choice imo. Don't understand Liza being in third. Poor Elene. I so hoped she would get it together when she went to Orser.

Why not? By adding a 3T to the 2Lz she made the combo valid, so no negative GOE here. 3loop was great and she had a small mistake on the 2A. The steps were fine also and the spins looked ok. She didn't went well compared to her standard but it was far from a disaster

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I missed practically the whole competition, slept in late this morning. I am just thrilled for Adelina, very talented young lady. Glad she kept her nerves together.
You can imagine my surprise when I looked at the results and saw her in first place over my favorite Caro. Looking forward to the videos.

elif

Medalist

thats what I saying. would people really want for Sotnikova to become a world champion immediately and never come back after one successful year?
she is a Tara Lipinski copy

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Asking a 16 year old to be World champion right now or she's a disappointment is a bit harsh. I bet she will be a World champion someday and it won't be when she's 25. After Sochi all the girls at the top now will be gone.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)

Music: Feeling Good by Michael Buble

3T+3T - fall
3F - tilted, hand down
LSp
2A
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp

Score: 27.49 + 24.30 - 1.00 = 50.79, in 10th (out of 31)

Last edited: