2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.25 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 169.14 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 165.80 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 157.77 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 152.95 Free Dance
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 147.28 Free Dance
7. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 144.83 Free Dance
8. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 142.54 Free Dance
9. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 142.48 Free Dance
10. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 140.00 Free Dance
11. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 132.90 Free Dance
12. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 129.36 Free Dance
13. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 127.59 Free Dance
14. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 124.62 Free Dance
15. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 124.26 Free Dance
16. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 117.60 Free Dance
17. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 114.62
18. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROOST (SUI) - 113.29
19. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 110.92 Free Dance
20. Angelina TELEGINA & Otar JAPARIDZE (GEO) - 107.26

Medal Ceremony

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2

Last edited:
Wow. Your explanations about Russians' minuses were much more diffuse. What about C\L's shabby FD? At least Russians are trying something new. For me it's an insult to claim gold with such a trite dance with poor skating skills.
I like C\L in general, I think they are bright and artistic. But they will never win unless Russians give them the victory themselves.

Define shabby and trite. ;)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Ziggy, don't you love it when people demand explanations on their terms only, and you know - not in accordance with the rules?

That said, I really love B/S' FD and think they should've won both portions. I/K.... just take it too literally. Sorry, this is a terrible dance. They could be brilliant, but Morosov just cuts corners, knowing they'll get the scores anyway (I mean, 9s? For this?). Loulou, they might be trying something new, but new doesn't mean good. It just means new. Also, GOEs were startlingly high.

C/L were strong, but I think the podium is correct.

I/K.... just take it too literally. Sorry, this is a terrible dance. They could be brilliant, but Morosov just cuts corners, knowing they'll get the scores anyway (I mean, 9s? For this?)

That's what Morozov always does with his skaters and it brings results. It allows his skaters to perform well because they aren't encumbered by unnecessary things like choreo and transitions. :p

And it's so frustrating because I/K are incredible skaters and you can only imagine what they could come up with, if they trained with Krylova&Camerlengo or Zazoui&Hagenauer, for example.

It was the same story with Amodio in the SP. Stunning skater with beautiful basics but the program...

Macassar88

Medalist
Ziggy, don't you love it when people demand explanations on their terms only, and you know - not in accordance with the rules?

That said, I really love B/S' FD and think they should've won both portions. I/K.... just take it too literally. Sorry, this is a terrible dance. They could be brilliant, but Morosov just cuts corners, knowing they'll get the scores anyway (I mean, 9s? For this?). Loulou, they might be trying something new, but new doesn't mean good. It just means new. Also, GOEs were startlingly high.

C/L were strong, but I think the podium is correct.
The sad thing though is that Morozov actually thinks that he's giving IK amazing material! Have you seen the videos of him going through the motions watching rinkside? It's his girlfriend skating for god's sake! He's giving them 110%

GF2445

Record Breaker
The recurrence of inflated marks this year in general have probably been attributed to
-The realisation that not enough teams in the first half of the 2012 2013 season were meeting the extremely high minimum TCS
and
-The ISU current refusal to adjust.
or that skaters frightened at the prospect of having their Olympic dreams shattered have significantly picked up their game

or a mix of all 3

LRK

Record Breaker
But the inflation most generally complained about is in PCS, not TES.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
The sad thing though is that Morozov actually thinks that he's giving IK amazing material! Have you seen the videos of him going through the motions watching rinkside? It's his girlfriend skating for god's sake! He's giving them 110%

Girlfriend?

gioccia

On the Ice
just watched replay... CL were more apart than Russian pairs and they were very slow on elements to make them cleaner...it was no way a Karmen. I would say that 99 for them is much, they'll get less at Worlds

bramweld

Record Breaker
That's what Morozov always does with his skaters and it brings results. It allows his skaters to perform well because they aren't encumbered by unnecessary things like choreo and transitions. :p

And it's so frustrating because I/K are incredible skaters and you can only imagine what they could come up with, if they trained with Krylova&Camerlengo or Zazoui&Hagenauer, for example.

It was the same story with Amodio in the SP. Stunning skater with beautiful basics but the program...

But, come to think of it, its too early to slam the door shut on I/K. Remember where D/W came from, when people used to call them pair skaters. Slowly they developed more sophisticated programs from season to season. The real problem with I/K is that they're soo talented that people want to see them make progress that should normally take 5-7 yrs in half that time. Give them time, if they're pushed too hard too fast they will break. If they are not to your liking why waste energy on so much vitriol, admire someone else. Ice dancing is so rich. Just saying, YOLO!..BACK TO WORK FOR MEE..

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she posted many pics of them in Paris and going together in her instagram, and kissing of course :eek:hwell:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really hope that Elena I doesn't get hurt. Dating in the game of skating with someone in the business is so dangerous. I've seen so many disasters and ruined teams. I am al ittle slow but we aren't talking about Morosov who dated Ando and I think was married to Shaelyn Bourne? Isn't he quite a bit older - I am really confused.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I love Capelini Lanote so much that I hardly enjoyed the top two. I dont know much about ice dance but I was stunned with their Carmen.

Kinga

Medalist
Wow. Your explanations about Russians' minuses were much more diffuse. What about C\L's shabby FD? At least Russians are trying something new. For me it's an insult to claim gold with such a trite dance with poor skating skills.
I like C\L in general, I think they are bright and artistic. But they will never win unless Russians give them the victory themselves.

Could someone explain me one thing - people question C/L edges and skating skills, yet C/L often hit the highest TES in competitions and often get level 4 for their step sequences... Would it be possible with poor skating skills? Just wonder...

I agree with Ziggy et al., I/K are faboulous and talented, but this program... Horrible music, overdone expression, very little going on between the elements. I wish they run from Morozov and got programs that do them justice.

monikawi

Rinkside
I really hope that Elena I doesn't get hurt. Dating in the game of skating with someone in the business is so dangerous. I've seen so many disasters and ruined teams. I am al ittle slow but we aren't talking about Morosov who dated Ando and I think was married to Shaelyn Bourne? Isn't he quite a bit older - I am really confused.

Yes, he was married to Shae-Lynn, then his girlfriend was Miki Ando, now she's Elena Ilinich. Where do you put your eyes, poor girl, I do not know. And what's so attractive about Morozov neither :eek:

elif

Medalist
Could someone explain me one thing - people question C/L edges and skating skills, yet C/L often hit the highest TES in competitions and often get level 4 for their step sequences... Would it be possible with poor skating skills? Just wonder...

Even Virtue/Moir and Davis/White didn't get level 4 for step sequences at this season. When Capellini/Lanotte did?

Kinga

Medalist
Even Virtue/Moir and Davis/White didn't get level 4 for step sequences at this season. When Capellini/Lanotte did?

I just checked. They got level 4 on Yankee Polka step sequence in TEB and 2x4 on Yankee Polka in GPF. Also got level 4 in one of their sequences in their FD in GPF.
Often got level 4 on twizzles.

Im too lazy to check, but I remember last year, in one event (dont remember if it was European or Words) in the SD they were the only ones to hit level 4 in step sequences.
Im not an expert by any means, but many different commentators on TV stated numerous times that the technical content of their programs is one of the most difficult and very well executed. So just have been wondering....

GF2445

Record Breaker
But the inflation most generally complained about is in PCS, not TES.

I agree with you on that point completely but I still feel that the judges this year have softened a little with the technical in order to get the numbers for worlds without changing the min tcs