2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Ice Dance - Free Dance

GF2445

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.25 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 169.14 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 165.80 Free Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 157.77 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 152.95 Free Dance
6. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 147.28 Free Dance
7. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 144.83 Free Dance
8. Tanja KOLBE & Stefano CARUSO (GER) - 142.54 Free Dance
9. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 142.48 Free Dance
10. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 140.00 Free Dance
11. Irina SHTORK & Taavi RAND (EST) - 132.90 Free Dance
12. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 129.36 Free Dance
13. Alisa AGAFONOVA & Alper UCAR (TUR) - 127.59 Free Dance
14. Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA & Neil BROWN (CZE) - 124.62 Free Dance
15. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 124.26 Free Dance
16. Zsuzsanna NAGY & Mate FEJES (HUN) - 117.60 Free Dance
17. Federica TESTA & Lukas CSOLLEY (SVK) - 114.62
18. Ramona ELSENER & Florian ROOST (SUI) - 113.29
19. Olesia KARMI & Max LINDHOLM (FIN) - 110.92 Free Dance
20. Angelina TELEGINA & Otar JAPARIDZE (GEO) - 107.26

Medal Ceremony

Videos By Way Of Warm-Up Group: Group 2

We've all had an evening to cool off from this heated discussion. On the whole the fd was great to watch. It's great to see these skaters really push themselves. Teams to commend. Hurtado/Diaz for their cool fd with lots of personality and a very original stationary lift. Agafonova and ucar for really attacking their fd and really showing how much they have stepped up (zhulin has worked wonders with them) as well as using fairy tale for their sd. Both German teams really stepped it up this year. Penny and nick were also wonderful continuing to improve on the whole with big personal bests. Despite our opinions of the skating skills of the top 4 teams, they delivered technically strong and on the whole interesting programs to enjoy or to observe.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I tried my best to understand the concept of the free dance but the more I see this program more questions than answers come to mind.

:unsure:

I tried to understand it. I really did

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes, he was married to Shae-Lynn, then his girlfriend was Miki Ando, now she's Elena Ilinich. Where do you put your eyes, poor girl, I do not know. And what's so attractive about Morozov neither :eek:

Don't forget he was already a married man with a baby when he began a relationship with Shae-Lynn..........and now young Elena, who must be half his age?! It shouldn't be allowed! :disapp:
I too hope she doesn't get hurt.

Not only a poor choreographer, but also a poor human being. But maybe some people would say "So what?", that's how it goes in Skating/Showbiz.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Penny and nick were also wonderful continuing to improve on the whole with big personal bests.

I enjoyed their performances too, they skated well in both the SD and FD, and did GB proud IMO. :cool:
They'll be skating in the Gala on Sunday.

I'm aware of the reservations posters on here have about them, and they do look like a Pair rather than a Dance couple, due to their height disparity. If you were a Coach, you wouldn't put them together today, but they've been partners since Novices, and are a happy 'couple', and they continue to improve technically IMO, so it's nice to read a bit of praise for the Brits on this thread, thank you. :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Don't forget he was already a married man with a baby when he began a relationship with Shae-Lynn..........and now young Elena, who must be half his age?! It shouldn't be allowed! :disapp:
I too hope she doesn't get hurt.

Not only a poor choreographer, but also a poor human being. But maybe some people would say "So what?", that's how it goes in Skating/Showbiz.

I hope to God this is resolved soon for everyone's sake. Where is her father in all this? Why hasn't he just swatted the man!! I don't get it, am I missing something here?

sisinka

Final Flight
Could someone explain me one thing - people question C/L edges and skating skills, yet C/L often hit the highest TES in competitions and often get level 4 for their step sequences... Would it be possible with poor skating skills? Just wonder...

I agree with Ziggy et al., I/K are faboulous and talented, but this program... Horrible music, overdone expression, very little going on between the elements. I wish they run from Morozov and got programs that do them justice.

I think it is not any problem to get level 4 when Ottavio Cinquanta is sitting at the ice rink and watching the competition. And I think that level 4 element definition - say nothing about speed or deep edges. All great skaters of past were known for their speed and deep and long edges - Cappelini does not have it. Even poor skater can do spin level 4 which says nothing about quality of that element. And judges GOE - Hello Mr. Cinquanta!

I agree with Ziggy too, I/K are very talented couple but in comparison with Davis, Virtue, Bobrova, Pechalat - their program is not difficult to skate. Also the idea of the program - I don't see heart and soul of those two in it. There is not artistic indeed.
And one question more - Lena is looking so touched and happy at the end of the program like it was the best skating of her life, like she would surprise herself of how great she was. That's great!! But..... she looks like that after each performance....is it possible to skate the performance of her life every time? I feel it is not frank from her side....only actress playing for judges. Sorry I feel it that way.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I just think dating in the "business" is very dangerous and hard forget about the age difference. In the case of a coach and choreographer and a skater it is almost like breaking a moral condcut rule with doctor patient. You can se ethe problems in respect to their business relationship including if there is a third party - not in the relationship but another skater who is being coached or choreographed by one member in the relationship. And I am sorry if this is wrong to comment on but in the case of Morosov with all these skating rrelationships you would think his reputation would be tarnished and that he would realize whether these relationships are genuine or just a person who plays the field, likes younger partners to make him or her feel better about their self esteem when it si so public yhou would hold back. I mean what are the odds you would have relationships (boyfriend girlfriend) with so many top level skaters - you lose your credibility. Maybe after so many broken relationships all ivolving skaters it is time to take a break. Take up crochet, solitaire or something for a bit.

snow_girl

Rinkside
I've been a fan of I&K since I have first saw them. I can't really say I know much about skating so I don't dare to judge how good they are. But I fell in love with them for being so adorable, so cute and so in love with each other. And I am aware of the fact that their private life is only their bussiness but I still feel very disappointed about the whole Morozov thing. I found Elena and Nikita perfect for each other and I know that maybe they didn't break up because of Morozov but would break up anyway. But still ... I find Nikita awesome and Morozov just plain creepy. Anyway, all respect for both skaters that this soap opera didn't effect their career.

katia

On the Ice
For me, I like B/S and I am glad that they won.
I see that I/K have a great skating skills, but I do not understand their free dance. For me their FD was a mixture of disjointed components and not a full-fledged program.
I disagree that C/L do not have a good skating skills, I think their technical components are quite high, although their program was a bit cartoonish.
Otherwise I adored German program. They do not have skating skills similar to the top three pairs, but their FD was fun and most enjoyable.