2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It is ironic that the top two skaters from two years ago(Alissa and Rachel) are now out of skating all together.

Well, neither has retired.

Whether either is healthy and able to compete next season remains to be seen ....

Layfan

Record Breaker
Good for Peggy for interrupting Scott to note that this is hardly the first time Gracie has messed up on the senior circuit this year.

It's all nerves.

Good luck on the long. I'm sure she is feeling pressure still. fingers crossed.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Good for Peggy for interrupting Scott to note that this is hardly the first time Gracie has messed up on the senior circuit this year.

It's all nerves.

Good luck on the long. I'm sure she is feeling pressure still. fingers crossed.

Yeah. Scott can be kind of annoying when he acts like Gracie is invincible.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Gosh. I love Christina this year. That girl has truly become a lady skater. Argh. I'd like to think she'd have been second if not for that darned spin fall.

willdu

On the Ice
Gosh. I love Christina this year. That girl has truly become a lady skater. Argh. I'd like to think she'd have been second if not for that darned spin fall.

It would be nice if Christina got to go to 4CC. Hopefully she'll move up from the dreaded 5th. At least she's consistent? LOL

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Sandra Bezic is so ... negative. Mostly in little ways, but it's still kind of depressing.

It would be nice if Christina got to go to 4CC. Hopefully she'll move up from the dreaded 5th. At least she's consistent? LOL

Consistently ... fifth. I really hope she moves up this Nationals though!

Layfan

Record Breaker
I just love Ashley's short this year. Such a gorgeous way to showcase what's lovely about her skater. Every time I watch her this season I become more a believer.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
:eek::

Oops it's Sandra? I thought it was Peggy.

But yes. Both she and Scott sounding grudging about Ashley. Boo.

Quite sure-- she usually does the commentary on NBC with Scott. I think Sandra has it out for anyone not named Yuna Kim. Bwahaha.

"Oh ... easiest jump in the program and she sits down." -- I love Scott's enthusiasm.

Last edited:

sask8

Rinkside

Probably not. She was credited with part of the spin, so she didn't lose all the points. If she completed the spin combo without the fall, I think she would have pushed Courtney Hicks into 5th (Gao in 4th), but it would have put her more into striking distance of 1st going into the FS.

Layfan

Record Breaker

USFA would do well to send the No. 3 and 4 to 4CC. It just not at all clear who will be in the positiont to make the Olympic team and they should give as many of their skaters the int exposure they need.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:eek::

Oops it's Sandra? I thought it was Peggy.

But yes. Both she and Scott sounding grudging about Ashley. Boo.

not watching - but maybe Scott is trying not to jinx her? LOL I can't see NBC liking them being a bummer on their (for the time being) it girl.

this is what happens, though, when you have commentators only follow Skate America before they do nationals - they really have no idea other than what the info gatherers tell them.