2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior Ladies LP

Cherryy

On the Ice
Is Ashley planning to do a 3F-3T? Or at least 2A-3T? She was saying back in September that she had been practising them and that she would like to perform these combos.
However she's not doing them even in official practises at nationals. Do you think she'll go for them at 4cc or worlds? Is it a good idea? Or will she likely do not perform them at all this season?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley seems to be taking the approach that she doesn't need them at Nationals. But she will need one at least at Worlds.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
With the hip pointer and illness she may not feel up to it training wise, but she needs to show she can do it... Or stop talking about it.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but I have a feeling that Mirai is going to walk away with this championship. Ashley seems content to just skate clean since her spot on the world team is virtually assured. Mirai seems like she means business this week and really wants to outjump the competition.

AnnikinSolo

Rinkside
Assuming the latest NBC-east stream does not get taken down before tonight, the ladies freeskate will be live at 8PM Eastern. The one subscription service I use has streams on a number of sites like Justin, ILive, etc, so that when one gets taken down, another can be put back up in a few hours. Different websites have different schedules. The subscription website I use now has the Ladies Free starting at 8PM, while the schedule listings at another website have them starting at 9PM Eastern. Which one is right, I don't know, but the ladies freeskate will be on NBC's eastern feed live at either 8PM or 9PM eastern time, depending on which schedule is right.

flying camel

Medalist
I know what you mean, she has looked good from the practices. But I hope the top group is very competitive. I don't just want to see one skater skate away with the title.

Reginald

Match Penalty
It is ironic that the top two skaters from two years ago(Alissa and Rachel) are now out of skating all together.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Could someone please post a link to the live results from the USFS site? I'm on my phone and I can't pull it up. :)

willdu

On the Ice
I wouldn't have said this a week ago, but I have a feeling that Mirai is going to walk away with this championship. Ashley seems content to just skate clean since her spot on the world team is virtually assured. Mirai seems like she means business this week and really wants to outjump the competition.

Mirai has been rumored to be practicing a 3F + 3T in practice. Since she skates last, she'll know if she needs it or not. If Agnes hits then she'll definitely need it if she wants to go to worlds. I'm not to sure about how it looks though. Ashley really needs to put in a 3 + 3 because she doesn't stand a chance on the world stage if Kostner, Kim and Asada are in top form.

If Mirai throws in her 3 F + 3T it will drastically change her program right? She'll probably keep the the 2A + 3T, so she'd repeat her flip, loop and toe twice. So she would probably have to change the loop to a salchow which we know she doesn't have. So logistically, her team will have to works something out.

change of edge

Rinkside
I think it's unlikely Mirai will change up her program. Assuming she doesn't have a salchow, the only way she'd gain any points is to substitute a Flip for a Lutz AND change around her combinations (she'll need a Lutz combination and a loop combination in addition to the 3F-3T). It would change around her layout way too much.

I think she'll just have to skate with what she's got to the best of her ability and really sell the program. If she skates like that, her program really could be described as regal.

Mirai has been rumored to be practicing a 3F + 3T in practice. Since she skates last, she'll know if she needs it or not. If Agnes hits then she'll definitely need it if she wants to go to worlds. I'm not to sure about how it looks though. Ashley really needs to put in a 3 + 3 because she doesn't stand a chance on the world stage if Kostner, Kim and Asada are in top form.

If Mirai throws in her 3 F + 3T it will drastically change her program right? She'll probably keep the the 2A + 3T, so she'd repeat her flip, loop and toe twice. So she would probably have to change the loop to a salchow which we know she doesn't have. So logistically, her team will have to works something out.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I agree, Mirai's content is good enough here as is. She just needs to rotate everything, particularly in the 2nd half when she sometimes has trouble.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Laney Diggs' all-doubles programs looked pretty enough. But her Spanish medley was one piece of music made iconic by Michelle Kwan followed by another that Sasha skated to perfection and all I could think of at some points were the exact moves that Michelle and Sasha did at those moments in the music. Made Laney's skating looks like molasses during those parts. Wonder if it was the same for the judges and the audience...

Anyone else watching these early skaters on icenetwork?

SLouise

Rinkside
I'm watching, but I guess we won't get to see much of this next group. It's soon time for the switch over to NBC.