StSq - bit slow compared to the music
3Lo+2T+2Lo
3F+2T
2A
3Lo
ChSq - nice spiral
CCoSp
LSp

Strong skate, clean on the jumps! Nice to see. Doesn't perform much, but I hope she doesn't get dinged on too many UR's.

WOW! She went out there fighting. You can see it from the get go. So happy for her!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I don't normally love Caroline, but tonight I'm happy to eat a little crow. That was a fine, fine skate from her. Clearly she has been working hard on her skating, and deserves some respect.

willdu

On the Ice
Here's to hoping she gets in at least top 8. I really want her to continue. She's been getting more consistent. That spiral sequence was perfect at the end. This was the same music as Arakawa's music at the Olympics correct?

Layfan

Record Breaker
Aw, Caroline was lovely. Who knows what the scoring will be. No idea if they jumps were rotated although it's plain to see the entry to her jumps are still a little labored but still. I just couldn't help but enjoy that performance. Clearly neither could the audience (or Scott and Sandra)

Kissx3

Final Flight
That there shows that Caroline is so far from done. She may have some technical issues but the progress she's made over the last couple of years is excellent. Who knows? She might be one of those that end up peaking at 21+.

gourry

Final Flight
I'm so impressed with Caroline! It was absolutely beautiful. I got all teary at the spiral. Good job, girl!!

lilshorty

On the Ice
Ashley Cain is gorgeous. :love:

ETA: Too bad about the falls in her program though.

Last edited:

amc987

On the Ice
Does Caroline Zhang not do toe loops or salchows?? Shame she must've gotten a UR call or two.

sask8

Rinkside
That there shows that Caroline is so far from done. She may have some technical issues but the progress she's made over the last couple of years is excellent. Who knows? She might be one of those that end up peaking at 21+.

I agree! I think if she can fix her UR on the jumps, she will be right there with the other top ladies in the US

mateusp1

On the Ice
I would like to see Zhang with, at least, one more triple. Because, now, she only has 2 types o triples: Loop and Flip. Shoe could try a 3Toe. She is already used to 2Toe... I thing that a 3T would not be very difficult for her.

Otherwise, great performance. She was on fire.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley Cain

3Lo
3Lz - holds onto landing
LSp
3S+2A+SEQ
3Lo - fall
3T - fall again
FSSp
3S
2A+2T+2Lo
CCoSp
StSq
ChSq

Nice appearance on ice, but no flip and two falls, so she will probably drop in placement.

willdu

On the Ice
Peter and Karen have been really helpful to Caroline but does she have a technical coach? That might help a lot. Or someone light Brain Orser whose skaters seem to have really good technique (not sure if its him or they came to him with good technique).