2013 Europeans Men's LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Europeans Men's LP

senatormls

On the Ice
This. I hope both he and Brian Orser take the next year to focus on basic skating skills (like smooth stroking and yes, posture) and especially spins. He certainly has the raw talent, but it needs to be refined and polished.

Still, great skate and good for him. At least he doesn't get into S&M like Amodio. Uh, I mean Stand & Model.

:)
LOL LOL Stand and Model ... don't forget Sequins and Mascara, too! Amodio is always pushing the music barrier with 'vocals'. I don't understand why he's not penalized for music. He's quite the 'showman.'

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I don't get why people suddenly feel the need to say that Chan and Takahashi need to watch out now. As if Takahashi, especially needed more reminding that he needs to be perfect when he lost japanese Nationals to Hanyu, a guy who most people here already forgot or what? I feel that figure skating is a sport where you need to focus on your own self, your own performance and your own form. What others might do or not do is out of your hands! You might skate the skate of your life and finish off podium, you might make mistakes and still win the gold. It's all so unpredictable. But I think it is ridiculous to say that Chan or Takahashi need to be afraid now, or something. Worlds is another story, another day.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agreed... He's the future of Russian Mens skating.

Voronov's pcs just wont cut it. Menshov should go to Worlds at least he can score a max 230+
Kovtun did good for his first Euros but he might implode at Worlds and choke

right now, dont know who they would choose
Zhenya is defeinitely out for Worlds

LRK

Record Breaker
Woohoo! Yay, for Javi! I'm so, so thrilled for him...

I wish Brian could have had a bronze, but that was not to be. And while I'm not a fan, it was nice for Brezina to get a medal finally, and not only be the eternal number four, which must be terribly aggravating...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Jouberts LP was so so, just jumps nothing in between at all
like a very poor man's Yagudin imitation but oh well the pcs was still high, lol

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
MaiKatze said:
I don't get why people suddenly feel the need to say that Chan and Takahashi need to watch out now. As if Takahashi, especially needed more reminding that he needs to be perfect when he lost japanese Nationals to Hanyu, a guy who most people here already forgot or what? I feel that figure skating is a sport where you need to focus on your own self, your own performance and your own form. What others might do or not do is out of your hands! You might skate the skate of your life and finish off podium, you might make mistakes and still win the gold. It's all so unpredictable. But I think it is ridiculous to say that Chan or Takahashi need to be afraid now, or something. Worlds is another story, another day.

:thumbsup:

And additionally, there was the GPF already (and Javi's win at SC over Patrick). Even if some people just realized now that Javi is a medal thread for worlds, I'm pretty sure Patrick and Daisuke knew that already. And between the top 4 we arguably have now (Top 5, if Kozuka wasn't injured), it's going to be really exciting to see who will make the podium at worlds :rock:

Kalina

On the Ice

That's standard behaviour for skating fans on online boards. Now Chan and Takahashi need to look out, next time Javi bombs everyone will say he's an headcase and not so dangerous after all, lather, rinse and repeat :)
IMO, Javier's win just strengthens the fact that the World title is up for grabs.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Voronov's pcs just wont cut it. Menshov should go to Worlds at least he can score a max 230+

Yep, Menshov should go to Worlds. Additionally to being able to score well, he can also count how many combos he's done. :p I think they still might send Kovtun though.. dunno.

gioccia

On the Ice
Let's talk about Javi's brilliant skating and not conspiracy and bribary... as some of us see Russians pollitics in SLC and others see 5,6 for Artisitic impression for Slutskaya((((...
Javi - cool!
Amodio, Brezina, Joubert - nice.
Max - thx for the clean elements! Good job, but no movement((( no physical strength obviously.

But anyway I feel sad that there's nothing to watch in men's Euros... very poor performances in comparison with worlds... Javi and that's it. Hope those time when Europe dominated men's skating will come back. In russia eg we're nowhere near making rivalry

volk

Final Flight

And you assume Menshov can't choke?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And you assume Menshov can't choke?

well Menshov, Kovtun, Voronov can equally implode
but Menshov has the most stable senior season amongst the three and gets a bit higher pcs
Voronov's pcs is a joke and when he loses his tes, you can see how low he can score at around 190+

Kittosuni

Medalist
What?? Only one spot for russia? I always thought russia is one of the power houses, maybe not anymore? How bout sochi how many spots they have for all categories. Sorry new to skating world

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What?? Only one spot for russia? I always thought russia is one of the power houses, maybe not anymore? How bout sochi how many spots they have for all categories. Sorry new to skating world
After 2006 when Plushenko retired there were no strong Senior skaters to take up the slack and no promising Juniors either so he had to come back in 2010 and its been slim pickings for Russia since then. It's one of the reasons why's Plush is trying to make one more Olympic games.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

We won't know how many spots Russia has for Sochi until Worlds is over. If you asked me to guess, I'd say two in men, three in the rest, but that depends on who they send to Worlds.