2013 US Nationals Senior FD | Golden Skate

2013 US Nationals Senior FD

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Senior Free Dance (U.S. Nationals)

Start times: Jan 26 (Eastern Standard Time)
  • 1:05 p.m. - Senior free dance (early groups)
  • 4:15 p.m. - Senior free dance* (This portion of the event will be shown on your local NBC affiliate and be available on icenetwork.com on-demand ONLY starting Tuesday, Jan. 29, at noon ET.)

Link to Starting Order and Results:

PlaceStart No.NameShort DanceFree DanceTotal Score

Place

1Kristen Nardozzi / Nick Traxler1241.87

2Kseniya Ponomaryova / Oleg Altukhov1430.06

3Danielle Gamelin / Alexander Gamelin1145.76

4Katie Donaldson / Brock Jacobs1523.72

5Taylor Tran / Sam Kaplun1339.51

6Alissandra Aronow / Collin Brubaker950.35

7Anastasia Cannuscio / Colin McManus656.33

8Anastasia Olson / Keiffer Hubbell754.68

9Isabella Cannuscio / Michael Bramante852.51

10Ginna Hoptman / Pavel Filchenkov1047.03

11Lynn Kriengkrairut / Logan Giulietti-Schmitt564.69

12Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue467.75

13Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani369.63

14Meryl Davis / Charlie White179.02

15Madison Chock / Evan Bates270.80

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
After the first five couples have performed:

PlaceStart No.NameShort DanceFree DanceTotal Score
Place
13Danielle Gamelin / Alexander Gamelin1145.76267.58113.34
21Kristen Nardozzi / Nick Traxler1241.87171.31113.18
35Taylor Tran / Sam Kaplun1339.51366.58106.09
42Kseniya Ponomaryova / Oleg Altukhov1430.06447.9778.03
54Katie Donaldson / Brock Jacobs1523.72538.6262.34

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I wonder if there is a NBC live stream somewhere... I don't have an NBC affiliate that works in my county for some reason...

samson

Medalist
I wish what's her face would start talking about the skaters and not the rules...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:eek: I am completely, but happily shocked! NBC is broadcasting a dance couple that only finished 9th after the Short Dance! For years, they have only ever broadcasted the final group of dancers!

Art&Sport

Medalist
^^ ITA museks8r. More than that, Tracy sounded like she had a mouthful of marbles and may have swallowed a few, as she was talking over Meryl's and Charlie's SD replay before the start of the FD competition just now on NBC. She may be a nice person, but Tracy often gets on my nerves with her fake sweetness. Have you heard her gushing over Virtue and Moir on Canadian figure skating broadcasts?

I know Tanith has a deep involvement with M & C, but Tanith is a much better ice dance commentator than Tracy. Tanith is able to provide great insights and not mere gushing over Meryl and Charlie. Tanith made it even more enjoyable to watch M & C's extraordinary and innovative SD on IceNetwork yesterday with hardly any of the absolute pandering that Tracy puts out when she calls V/M's performances. Meanwhile, Tracy carried on and on talking about nothing while they were replaying M & C's SD, as if she was anxious to downplay how amazing and consistent M & C have been all season with this Giselle SD (and indeed how consistent they are every season).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
LOVED Cannuscio & McMannus' FD

Hating Brother Hubbell & Partner's Michael Jackson FD...

Art&Sport

Medalist
:eek: I am completely, but happily shocked! NBC is broadcasting a dance couple that only finished 9th after the Short Dance! For years, they have only ever broadcasted the final group of dancers!

I wish they would have showed more of the men's sp competition instead (where was Jason, Adam, and Richard, at the least). I guess we should be happy we even got to see a few of the men's sp performances on NBC.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Random thought: not one, not two, but three pairs of siblings in Omaha for senior ice dance.

• Cannuscio sisters
  • Hubbells (although not partners)
  • Shibutanis
How nice that each sib is right there to support the other. :love:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Detroit Free Press article today about the Shibutanis:

Jeff Seidel: Shibutani siblings put on behind-the-scenes show for fans on YouTube

Excerpt about their skating:

Even though it seems as if the Shibutanis have been around forever, they are still young.

Alex is 21, Maia 18.

"People have literally watched us grow up," Alex said. "We've been thrilled with our success over the years."

They continue to grow, as athletes and artists. Alex has packed on 15 pounds of muscle since March and weighs 165.

"I think everyone has taken notice of how much Alex has changed in the past year," Maia said. "It's helped our skating and our lifting ability and our overall presence on the ice."

The ShibSibs are in third place at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, and the free dance is today.

But in the big picture, in their long-term plan, they are more concerned with their development than how they might finish in any given competition.

"I think we have grown so much," Alex said. "I think we are showing a lot more maturity. It's a real natural path."

They don't plan to make a video this weekend. Then again, you never know. "I brought one camera," Alex said, "just in case something happens."

Gymfan15

On the Ice
This might sound really dumb, but why are certain couples like Maia and Alex and Meryl and Charlie listed as different clubs on the starting order?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Love Story still belongs to S/P... I miss their snowball fight footwork section... anything done differently to that part of the music just feels wrong.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Random thought: not one, not two, but three pairs of siblings in Omaha for senior ice dance.

• Cannuscio sisters
  • Hubbells (although not partners)
  • Shibutanis
How nice that each sib is right there to support the other. :love:

Whoops, make that four pairs of sibs?
I missed the Gamelins. (Don't know anything about them, but am guessing that they are sister and brother?)